Wharfdale or Polk Audio

jjn

Hello, I am planning to go for a Denon 1311 paired with tower speakers and (if budget permits) a Sub. My preference is music first and Movie next.
I auditioned Polk audio Tsi300 and Vardus VR400 from Wharfdale. I also evaluated Diamond 9.5
Diamond 9.5 was better than Vardus VR400 and the price difference is 8000/- (is this realy worth the difference ?)
Vardus 400 and Polk Tsi300 was almost same price

My options are below-Kindly help me decide
1) Denon 1311 + Wharfdale 9.5 (for now) and add a subwoofer (front firing) later
2)Denon 1311 + Wharfdale Vardus400 and add a front firing subwoofer now(vardus series or Polk PSW series)
3)Denon 1311 +Polk Tsi300 + Polk PSW 110 (front firing)
4)I am unable to decide on Downfiring Sub because I stay in a apartment -Those who stay in apartments and use Downfiing one, please share your experience

.Will mix of Wharfdale towers and Polk Sub realy matter ? - Thanks in advance for your expert feedback-I need to decide before Christmas

You said you auditioned wharf and polk ,so what speakers liked by your ears ? :rolleyes:

Do a repeated audition with your choice of music again.

Basically depends what sound you like , Wharfadale is a good option for those who like warm sound with a deep bass. If you like bright sound then go for Polk .

Audition both the speakers with your music CD's as this will help you narrow down

I go for Wharfadale diamond 9.5 , i have paired it with Yamaha it sounds terrific just awesome. The sound is warm and not very bold or bright , with this speakers you can be hooked on to your system for hours and you wouldnt feel the fatigue

I go for Wharfadale diamond 9.5 , i have paired it with Yamaha it sounds terrific just awesome. The sound is warm and not very bold or bright , with this speakers you can be hooked on to your system for hours and you wouldnt feel the fatigue

I have auditioned both Polk TSI 400/500 and Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 connected to Denon AVR. My observation was the Polks were slightly on the brighter side and also the mids on polk are not as natural as the wharfs. Also on the low frequency, the bass was 20-25% more tighter & deeper in the wharfs.

If you are looking for speakers with a balanced sound then go for the Wharfs ... every penny is worth spending.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Thanks for all the valuable inputs on Wharf 9.5 or Polk Tsi300
I am unable to decide on Downfiring Sub because I stay in a apartment -Those who stay in apartments and use Downfiing one, please share your experience

.Will mix of Wharfdale towers and Polk Sub realy matter ?

I am unable to decide on Downfiring Sub because I stay in a apartment -Those who stay in apartments and use Downfiing one, please share your experience

Down firing subs can transmit energy through the floor in addition to transmitting sound through air. This will lead to some amount of wall and furniture resonance. This can be curtailed to some extent by placing the sub on a thick carpet or raised a few inches from the floor.

Will mix of Wharfdale towers and Polk Sub realy matter ?

Though it is often recommended to timbre match the speaker set, a sub can be from a different manufacturer as it performs independently and has a limited frequency range to operate on.

Cheers

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back