Wharfedale 9.5 with PM6003

Mr. Taureanbull,

I have the Marantz PM6003 with MS Aviano-2 and I vouch that the bass is more than the WHF 9.5 FS.

All along everyone is commenting on the loudness level and my comments are about the freq response of the speakers. And the WHF 9.5 need powerful amp to drive them to sound their optimum, and it is not PM6003.

N.Murali.

I fully agree with you regarding the 9.5 not sounding their optimum with PM6003. The Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 easily eats the PM6003 for breakfast when you play it beyond 1 o'clock.

I have the 9.5 biwired to PM7001 and still have the urge to go for bigger amp.

1 o'clock? I never need to go beyond 10 o'clock even if I am in one room and music is playing in another room. Either I have to check my ears for being oversensitive or Ravin has to check his.

Dude... you are a great audio magician, you have trained your amp not to cross 10 o'clock and still beat the shit in community.....:clapping:

Seems that Taurean bull has worse problem. He doesnt go beyond 9o' clock. I dont have to cross that thing even on my 20w/ch amp. So time to take appointment of ENT Surgeon it seems. It will be a rare case for him. A patient hearing things much better than others.:)

Can you explain 'beat the shit' thing? I am poor at understanding slang. For your emotions to reach me,you need to do better. I have not trained my amp in anything. I have been gifted (for you read it as 'cursed') with sensitive ears. Saves money as well. More money saved on system = more money to buy good music.

Thank god i am not in the same boat of 'loud music = good music' believers.

Jaudere - pls tumi jau dya.... :)

Enjoy your music & leave this argument. Request Musicmaya to do the same.

hi,

Not for the sake of arguments but if I can save some ears from becoming deaf permanently, I would be happy. If someone is crossing 12 o clock position in a 16X12 room , I think he really needs to undergo audiometry (unless he is using I pod shuffle or something like that as source where primary signal is very weak.)

At home, we cannot even converse normally if my amplifier touches 12 o clock position and that means that it is really loud.

For a speaker of 88 dB/watt sensitivity, pumping in 20 watts itself is going to push SPL beyond 100 continuously, pretty dangerous level.I hope those who push their amp that high up have ability to understand what I am trying to say.

If I can save some ears by saying this, let me say"marantz pm 6002/7001/NAD 326BEE(50 watts/ch) or any other amp of less than 200w/ch (or Music maya shall i say 70Watts/channel)all are low powered for wharfs in question and its not going to shine no matter what is the source and recording quality or synergy we consider". So they win the argument hands down.:sad:

Lets leave this argument !! :) Anywayz gud news guys .. I hav purchased the Marantz PM6003 amp.....A friend of mine is getting it from Singapore to India... Will hook up the existing Akai (VCD Player Hifi system) s bookshelves speakers and my ZUNE mp3 player wih HD Dock first ... then after another few rounds of audition ..may be... get better BS or FS....

Before the impressions I will surely share the Position of the volume knob...!! ;) Well it wd be injustice to 1 of u... as I am hooking the amp with old bookshelves...

Yahoo0212 - Congratulations

Jaudere thanks for your inputs - on saving the ears :) I like it

1 o'clock? I never need to go beyond 10 o'clock even if I am in one room and music is playing in another room. Either I have to check my ears for being oversensitive or Ravin has to check his.

My ears are well trained now to take the beating :lol::eek:hyeah:
"One Night In Bangkok" could probably calibrate yours too :lol:

My ears are well trained now to take the beating :lol::eek:hyeah:
"One Night In Bangkok" could probably calibrate yours too :lol:

Ravin, Stop giving the good doc a 'earful' will ya???:lol:

So everyday is christmas/diwali for you eh???:rolleyes:

On the topic of volume knob position, mine is @ 11 O'clock on the HK6550 - anything beyond that & I would be evicted from my house :lol: As it is i'm on very thin ice @ 11 O'clock :D:eek:hyeah:;)

So maybe audiometry on the way :rolleyes:/ & no conversations take place between me, myself & my shadow :rolleyes: when listening to my music.

PS: My Music Genre is hard rock/metal :cool:

Last edited:
Hi,
I have compared denon710 with norge1000 on Q acoustics towers. I couldnt find much difference. I compared Norge & Marantz on KEF towers once & on Infinity towers the second time. Both times i found marantz to be superior. i wont recommend denon. By the way the infinity had a lovely sound when paired with Marantz.

Pat on the back for Norge

Congrats,

Let us know your impressions.
and the POSITION OF VOLUME KNOB!!!:lol:

Recieved my Marantz PM6003 .... Wharfedales... still some more time to buy them......
Hooked it with my existing Akai stereo speakers, zune HD-dock wit Zune 80 Sony DVD player (For playing Audio CDs)

AND With Audio CDs,,, could not cross 11'O clock position on the amp... :yahoo:
The speakers are a 3way Speakers... they hav got a mid dome, tweeter (1inch) and 5-inch woofer....

Hey Bro,

Congrats for your purchase, even I got a Marantz 6003, which speakers are you finally planning to pair with the same? Please provide some insight such that I can derive some inspiration form the same.

Hey Bro,

Congrats for your purchase, even I got a Marantz 6003, which speakers are you finally planning to pair with the same? Please provide some insight such that I can derive some inspiration form the same.

Either Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 or Mordaunt Short Aviano 2/or/6... Need another audition to finalise...

Last edited:
Sure,

Even I am leaning towards the MS Avaiano 2, they sounded great, together. Did u try any of the KEF ones, Q300 or the Q30i.

I have heard PM 6002 with KEF towers, Don't remember the model but the cost was 58k/pair. Was sounding amazing.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back