• Metal

• Electronic (all genres)

• Indian (all genres)

• Rap/Hip Hop/R&B

• Jazz

• Acoustic/Vocal/Folk

Results are only viewable after voting.

Decadent_Spectre

Please select all that apply, there were limited option slots so I've put a few of the more popular genres. Select as many as you'd like!

Do post thoughts/comments or if you listen to a genre not listed here. I know there are many sub genres and fusions so for the purpose of this thread I hope we can keep the scope broad rather than focus on particular sub genres.

Vote away!

There are no slots in the options, if the mods can adjust it please add Indian Classical, Indian Bollywod, Fusion, New Age. I hope electronic will suffice? There are too many electronic genres.

My fav genres are Rabindrasangeet, Nazrulgeeti, Bengali Adhunik, Bengali movie songs, Bollywood oldies of 50's, 60's and 70's, Indian classical and bengali folk songs.

Please select all that apply, there were limited option slots so I've put a few of the more popular genres. Select as many as you'd like!

Do post thoughts/comments or if you listen to a genre not listed here. I know there are many sub genres and fusions so for the purpose of this thread I hope we can keep the scope broad rather than focus on particular sub genres.

Vote away!
I listen to several of these generes, some more (often) than others. Is there a way to indicate order by preference?

Bollywood of the 60s,70s,80s and a bit of the early 90s, Western Classical, Classic Rock, Metal, a bit of electronica (been dormant for many years), Indian regional music - Assamese, a bit of Bengali, Telugu/Tamil (this one mostly driven by music composer/singer), a bit of fusion and Carnatic classical.

My fav genres are Rabindrasangeet, Nazrulgeeti, Bengali Adhunik, Bengali movie songs, Bollywood oldies of 50's, 60's and 70's, Indian classical and bengali folk songs.
Found a fellow traveller wrt bollywood songs. I listen to only songs from 40s, 50s, 60s & 70s. Few songs from 80s i can tolerate & probably less than 10 from the 90s but anything from the 2000s, I prefer ear plugs.

English - Mostly Pop/Rock of the 80s and early 90s. Initial influence being from the programs on Doordarshan such as "The World This Week" followed by the Annual Grammy Awards Show

Hindi - Bollywood movies from the late 70s/80s and early 90s. Influenced by listening to radio programs including Binaca Geet Mala and and later programs like Chitrahaar on Doordharshan

Guess the timelines are more because of the music I grew up listening to

Bumping for more replies/votes.

Cmon people it only takes a second to vote, let us know what music you like so we have a better understanding of what's popular on HFV.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back