What speakers to buy with Onkyo TX-SR608 Amp

jay.vyas84

Hi Members,

I have recently bought Onkyo TX-SR608 amplifier. My budget to buy the speakers (5.1/7.1) are in the range of 20k to 50k.

I now need to know the below questions:
1) Is the budget of 20 to 50k good to buy some really good speaker set?
2) Shall I buy the speakers sets separately i.e. buy front, center, surround and sub separately (assorted) or buy a 5.1 speaker package?
3) What are some good brands/models of speaker set I shall consider?

I am new to this forum. Hence, any additional inputs would be highly appretiated.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Members,

I have recently bought Onkyo TX-SR608 amplifier. My budget to buy the speakers (5.1/7.1) are in the range of 20k to 50k.

I now need to know the below questions:
1) Is the budget of 20 to 50k good to buy some really good speaker set?

50 k is good to go with good speaker set. But it dpends on how much you expect. For real sound quality this budget is not sufficient but for basic system this is sufficient.
if your interest is on movies then good SUB and front speakers are high priority.

If your interest on music, front stereo speakers , SUB are high priority.

2) Shall I buy the speakers sets separately i.e. buy front, center, surround and sub separately (assorted) or buy a 5.1 speaker package?
Yes you can buy the speakers individualy. But make sure you buy the speakers with same specs..etc. So no speaker overlap other. To make it easier people go for 5.1 package.
1.For your budget, You can buy a 5.1 complete set with SUB.
2.Or Buy 5.1 speakers excluding sub, and get a good SUB seperately. In Most of the 5.1 speaker package SUB is weak.
3. OR Get front/center speakers -spend more. Get SUB seperately-spend more. And get the surround speakers- spend very less.

3) What are some good brands/models of speaker set I shall consider?

I am new to this forum. Hence, any additional inputs would be highly appretiated.

Regards,
Jay

You may get ONKYO speakers and buy some other SUB. in onkyo SUB is not good,but speakers are ok.

Try with paradigm,polk,wharfedale.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back