What would be customs duty in India for PM8003?

atozguy

I would like to buy through ebay or borderlinx to receive at Chennai. Any suggestions on special online deals and the Landed Cost through ebayglobal or borderlinx also welcome.

Final cost to you will be purchase price + 30% (customs duty) + shipping.

I have used borderlinx before, they are a good company. Also heard they had dropped their shipping prices... but can't verify that.

I have bought some items on global ebay and more than half the time, they failed to ship it and the amount was refunded. When the items were shipped, they were delayed for a long time and when I got them at the end, the packing was all opening up and full of dust inside.

My advice - don't buy any expensive or delicate items on Global Ebay.

I would like to buy through ebay or borderlinx to receive at Chennai. Any suggestions on special online deals and the Landed Cost through ebayglobal or borderlinx also welcome.

Did u check the price locally? Marantz normally does not have much price difference. Also you need to add the cost for a decent 230-110V step down transformer. At the end price difference may not be worth the risk of buying from overseas.

I have bought some items on global ebay and more than half the time, they failed to ship it and the amount was refunded. When the items were shipped, they were delayed for a long time and when I got them at the end, the packing was all opening up and full of dust inside.

My advice - don't buy any expensive or delicate items on Global Ebay.

Thanks Shivam. I too did a google search only to get shocking reports from people complaining about the worst service and the cheating attitude by globalebay.

Hi,

In the past I had imported many items from USA including high value and heavy in weight. This category falls under "Electronics - Audio" for which the customs duty inclusive of TAX in Nett is 27% on the CIF.

CIF means Cost , Insurance and Freight (Includes freight from your seller in US or UK to your Borderlinx suit address and the Freight from US or UK to your destination. If you do a reverse calculation on the Total Cost Calculator of borderlinx you will arrive at the above formula only.

It is true that BL has reduced the Freight charges from US to India. I think this magic has worked because of the volume of business they give to DHL.

Better go with Borderlinx. They have given me highly reliable service in the past to me.

Please be aware we are not supposed to import used Electronics Audio goods in to India as the same is banned and the customs authorities have every right to confiscate the goods.

As far as the Marantz products are concerned please cross check the price in India once as earlier said by another member the price difference is not encouraging to forgo the Warranty that we get here.

Thanks and Regards.

Balagopalan

Thanks Shivam. I too did a google search only to get shocking reports from people complaining about the worst service and the cheating attitude by globalebay.

Absolutely! GEB lets you purchase items,then a day before their paisapay guarantee kicks in,either one of 2 things happens
1. An e-mail informing you that they could not purchase the item from the international seller because of paypal issues and that you will get a refund.
2. They object to your claiming refund of the money saying that they have delivered the item - provide fake tracking numbers from day 1 :p - When you appeal to ebay with screenshots of fake tracking numbers and e-mails that you wrote to the seller - you get your money refunded.

Either way they are getting a free loan of a few thousand rupees each time - Nice scam:)

After this happened to me around 5 times,I have given up on GEB and moved to shopyourworld.com though this comes with it's own set of headaches:mad: - mostly to do with the couriers they use in India(Aramex)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back