What's the cheap and best Blu Ray Player

Guys which Blu Ray Player can I get from Dubai. One of my friends is traveling from Dubai.
Will I be able to get this Toshiba one from Dubai?

Last edited:
Guys anything I can get from Dubai. One of my friends is traveling from Dubai.
Oh! For a moment, I thought whether you can get anything for me. :)

Depends on what you like and don't have. You can get a Toshiba or Panasonic BDP for example and make it region free by applying the firmware update.

Does Toshiba BDX3200 play 5.1 mkv files perfectly?

Yeah it plays .mkv files perfectly through the USB drive port.
However few files couldn't be played, for which either Audio or video was not supported...but I guess that's because of bad encoding on those files !!

Yeah it plays .mkv files perfectly through the USB drive port.
However few files couldn't be played, for which either Audio or video was not supported...but I guess that's because of bad encoding on those files !!

Thanks,I hope it passes surround 5.1 perfectly played from usb.

Guys sorry for bumping into an old thread. I have one of my friends from UK coming in couple of weeks. Should I get the Toshiba BDX 3200 from UK? I heard the price has gone up. In other thread I heard someone suggesting Philips BD player.

Kindly help!

Which model and from where?

Toshiba BDX3200

Panasonic DMP-BDT220

Import from abroad - Amazon US for the Panasonic, Amazon UK for the Toshiba. There could be other sources too, Google is your friend.

If going for the Panasonic with the idea of region free firmware update contact one of the FM's who have already gone the region free firmware update for some tips/guidance before beginning the process.

Toshiba BDX3200

Panasonic DMP-BDT220

Import from abroad - Amazon US for the Panasonic, Amazon UK for the Toshiba. There could be other sources too, Google is your friend.

If going for the Panasonic with the idea of region free firmware update contact one of the FM's who have already gone the region free firmware update for some tips/guidance before beginning the process.

Links-
Toshiba BDX3200
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Toshiba-BDX...UXVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361264641&sr=8-1
Panasonic DMP-BDT220
Amazon.co.uk: Panasonic DMP220

The Toshiba listing is for used items. Still not bad as DVDPs/BDPs generally work for years together. My Pioneer DVDP DV-301K was purchased in 1999 and just occasionally requires lens cleaning (using the lens cleaner CD).

There are few more Toshiba models which can be made region free by firmware upgrades.
BDX1100, BDX1200, and I think BDX3100 (not sure). APart from that there are many others, please browse thru AVSFORUMS and BLU-RAY FORUM for more info.

I hope mine will be the cheapest :eek:hyeah:. I have the lg bd550 player hardly used for couple of months purchased it last july. I am not using it as I have bought the Toshiba 3200 model from Europe. If you are ok with the model you can PM me for a good offer. And also it plays almost all the formats of movies thru usb and supports both fat/ntfs file systems. I have the original package and also hdmi cable which came free with the model. I think the warranty is valid till this july.

Thanks.

Price information please ???

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back