What's the cheap and best Blu Ray Player

Ordered mine from amazon uk and waiting to be shipped thru SNS once dispatched :clapping:
How much did this cost you and what is SNS?
Yes why not but make sure to get it the model 3200KB to enjoy the complete HD audio experience.
thanks

My friend who is coming next week from UK said it's possible to get it but he wanted to recheck which one I want exactly.
Baiju and other folks how should I ensure it's KB model and not the other model. Any thing I should suggest my friend to make a note before he proceeds with the purchase.
He is insisting in UK most of the things are expensive and is not sure if it's worth getting this.

Would appreciate if someone could post the link for the exact model. The one Baiju posted did not mention whether the model is KB or the other one.

Last edited:
How much did this cost you and what is SNS?

My friend who is coming next week from UK said it's possible to get it but he wanted to recheck which one I want exactly.
Baiju and other folks how should I ensure it's KB model and not the other model. Any thing I should suggest my friend to make a note before he proceeds with the purchase.
He is insisting in UK most of the things are expensive and is not sure if it's worth getting this.

Would appreciate if someone could post the link for the exact model. The one Baiju posted did not mention whether the model is KB or the other one.

Ok I believe this is the model. But just cross check it as the site does not say anything with respect to the model ending with KB. But looking at the reviews one of the buyer has mentioned that this model can be made region free with firmware update. Not sure why the model with KB is not getting listed in amazon uk.

Thanks

Toshiba BDX3200 3D Blu-Ray Player with BD Live: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

This is KB as seen from the Product Details.

Product details
Product Dimensions: 20 x 43 x 4.2 cm ; 2.2 Kg
Boxed-product Weight: 2.3 Kg
Item model number: BDX3200KB

Usually the model number will be printed on the carton as shown in this image

RC38341.jpg

Guys any suggestions on how to go about with the purchase? I mean is it just normal way. I remember someone here mentioning about SNS, Aramex.
what other details I should pass it to my friend with regards to the online purchase?

Thanks,
Andy

Guys any suggestions on how to go about with the purchase? I mean is it just normal way. I remember someone here mentioning about SNS, Aramex.
what other details I should pass it to my friend with regards to the online purchase?

Thanks,
Andy

If you are getting it from London thru a friend why do you want to contact SNS or Aramex. Just book the item in your friends name/address and he can hand carry it for you to Hyderabad. I ordered mine thru amazon.de shipping address to my friends hotel room/address and it was delivered in couple of days. He brought it in the luggage with the carton box. That's it..

Thanks

Yes I got the same model from amazon mentioned above.
If you have a UK credit card you can try buying it from here which is a cheaper option. I ordered it from two other stores but got cancelled since they don't accept Indian CC

If you are getting it from London thru a friend why do you want to contact SNS or Aramex. Just book the item in your friends name/address and he can hand carry it for you to Hyderabad. I ordered mine thru amazon.de shipping address to my friends hotel room/address and it was delivered in couple of days. He brought it in the luggage with the carton box. That's it..

Thanks
How did you place the order using which CC?
Yes I got the same model from amazon mentioned above.
If you have a UK credit card you can try buying it from here which is a cheaper option. I ordered it from two other stores but got cancelled since they don't accept Indian CC

Thanks for your suggestions! Now I need to figure out I guess if he can make purchase using his Indian CC. How did you make the purchase Rajesh? Otherwise I may have to contact other friend from UK.

Thanks for your suggestions! Now I need to figure out I guess if he can make purchase using his Indian CC. How did you make the purchase Rajesh? Otherwise I may have to contact other friend from UK.

If you are using Indian CC there are chances that your order can get cancelled ( Mine got cancelled on cramptonandmoore and electricalexperience), as most of the UK sites accept only UK cards and ship only to card holder's address. I got it thru Amazon UK using my Indian CC and its already shipped. If you can buy it thru a UK CC you can even get it cheaper. Check here

I ordered mine on amazon.de using a Indian CC (Mastercard) and it worked no issues. I booked the item myself from India to my friends hotel address in Frankfurt. You can do the same. Just use the correct zip code (pin code) and it would be really helpful if you try to open the site and book it on google chrome with automatic translation to english.

Thanks

oh! I missed that completely ! I was all excited when I saw this thread and in that just breezed thru the thread and the next moment I was ordering the player thru amazon uk . As i frequently order blu rays from amazon uk , I did not realise that they do not ship electronics to india Now my next mission is to hunt for a carrier from uk !

Last edited:
Guys as the title suggests plan to get a Blu Ray player which costs less and has the minimum features. If possible can get it from abroad. I need this to be hooked up to my Onkyo 3500.

Any suggestions!

Hi
I bought Samsung BD-E5500 10 days before in Chennai for 11K but it is cannot play .wav, AAC , wav encoded with dts and many audio formats and u cannot change the audio as per your taste which has multiple audio formats like (DTS and Dolby digital) but now I got a chance to change the unit with the reseller n swapped to Sony BDP-S190 and it playes everything and I got a option of changing the audio from the remote level in just one press with a dedicated button and the cost is 6.5K only also more features.....DONT GO FOR SAMSUNG in Ble-ray players....They are good in LCDs may be.......

Guys my friend said he will not be able to get this from UK. So how to start searching hunt for other models maybe from India or go for SNS which will cost 10k. Is it worth it?

I think 10K is a very reasonable price considering that it is a 3D player that can be made region free. There are not many players that can be made region free easily.

AFAIK, there is no region free 3D blu-ray players available in India except the Onida model which is not 3D. So it makes sense to get the Toshiba model.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back