Where to buy a 3KVA stabilizer in Bangalore and what brand?

Sandesh

Any suggestions guys for a HT set up? Especially in the Jayanagar and surrounding south Bangalore areas. Suggestions would be really welcome!

Any suggestions guys for a HT set up? Especially in the Jayanagar and surrounding south Bangalore areas Suggestions would be really welcome!

You can buy Vertex or Krykard servo stabilisers are widely used for HT. Both have branches in B'lore & are Chennai based companies. . I am sure there may be other good ones too.

1) Advantage of Vertex is that it has EMI & RFI filters inbuilt in them whereas for Krykard you have to shell out extra Rs. 5000/- extra for them & they need to be informed about them at the time of purchase.

2) Vertex has 4 output sockets behind whereas Krykard has only one. Vertex will be better value for money but is bigger & heavier than Krykard.

3) Display of Vertex shows more info whereas in Krykard you have to press different buttons to show input, output current etc which basically shows only one thing at a time.
Both have shutdown options when the voltage has abnormal fluctuations. The lower & upper limit voltages can be specified thereby protecting the equipments.

You can buy Vertex or Krykard servo stabilisers are widely used for HT. Both have branches in B'lore. I am sure there may be other good ones too.

1) Advantage of Vertex is that it has EMI & RFI filters inbuilt in them whereas for Krykard you have to shell out extra Rs. 5000/- extra for them & they need to be informed about them at the time of purchase.

2) Vertex has 4 output sockets behind whereas Krykard has only one. Vertex will be better value for money but is bigger & heavier than Krykard.

3) Display of Vertex shows more info whereas in Krykard you have to press different buttons to show input, output current etc which basically shows only one thing at a time.
Both have shutdown options when the voltage has abnormal fluctuations. The lower & upper limit voltages can be specified thereby protecting the equipments.
Any particular model suggestion?

They have the 3 KVA models. I will send the images later since I don't have access now.

The audio/video specific model is working out quite expensive... around 15k :(
It’s expensive but well worth it. If u have a simple set up with total load rated below 1.2kv a vgaurd might be sufficient provided you have a good voltage supply. I used v-gaurd for 4 years for my Yamaha yht-299, Denon 2400 and with Denon 4500 and a power amp till last month before switching to vertex. A lot of FM’s are using the vguard digi smart 200. It isn’t the best product but if u want to stick on to 3-5k budget then it’s the only known product which is also used by few Fm’s

If you don't wish to spend more, then consider a main line stabiliser, aval on amazon.in & Flipkart.. You can directly connect them to mains of that room and take the output from stabiliser and connect it to the required power points at home (TV, AVR, subwoofer).. Around 5KVA should be more than enough..

I use single phase mainline stabiliser (V Guard VGM 800 - 8KVA) for entire home, and have been using AVR, power amps, projector and all other household equipment power drawn from its output.. Never faced any issues..

here is a product link for example - https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07GZ4PDMN...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

There are many other offerings.. Please read the Q & A for each product and see what the seller say on the product..

Yes it works around that much but worth saving your equipment from unwanted fluctuations.
Would agree with what FM's Love4sound and Elangoas have said. But pls find out the cost of the respective stabilisers and how much your equipment would require.
For most of the generic setups 3KVA is more than enough.

Any particular model suggestion?

Hi Sandesh,
The model nos are
KRYKARD Servo Controlled Voltage Stabilizer Automatic Voltage Regulator 3 kVA SPAC 170-270 Model 1-Ph Air Cooled. I am using this one.
Vertex PDF is attached. Vertex Pics are courtesy FM Love4sound's.

Regards,

nitin

Attachments

• Vertex_Servo Stabiliser - Single Phase Aircooled-Audio (1).pdf
    652.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Vertex_Rear.jpg
    Vertex_Rear.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Vertex_front.jpg
    Vertex_front.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Krykard_Servo_Stabiliser.jpg
    Krykard_Servo_Stabiliser.jpg
    672.4 KB · Views: 117
Hi Sandesh,
The model nos are
KRYKARD Servo Controlled Voltage Stabilizer Automatic Voltage Regulator 3 kVA SPAC 170-270 Model 1-Ph Air Cooled. I am using this one.
Vertex PDF is attached. Vertex Pics are courtesy FM Love4sound's.

Regards,

nitin
@ Nitin, which one is advisable, single phase or 3 phase, Krykard looks impressive. In the image we can see, VGuard digi 200 showing 217 volts and Krykard 230 volts.

@ Nitin, which one is advisable, single phase or 3 phase, Krykard looks impressive. In the image we can see, VGuard digi 200 showing 217 volts and Krykard 230 volts.

Hi Srinivasa,

For HT purpose definitely single phase, air cooled stabiliser would be the popular choice. Both the brands are single phase air cooled. 3 phase is for very heavy duty use & was not recommended by the Krykard technicians & would be very steep in price.. But Vertex is value for money, very good & more popular stabilser which includes the EMI/Rfi filters.
I have attached the internal pic of the Krykard stabiliser. The technician came home, opened it up, tested & checked it before my usage as per Krykard's norm.
Both are good stabilisers. I paid total Rs. 14,337/- including gst which was approx Rs. 2000/- odd.

When input voltage was approx 235 volts, the V-guard Digi 200 corrects it to 217 V where as the Krykard corrects it to mostly 230 V , sometimes 228 or 232 Volts up down depending on the fluctuations which was mentioned by the technician too. But generally it is stable at 230 V. There are times when Vguard corrections go down to 210V depending on voltage hence went for Krykard. I have designated the TV & set-top box to Vguard. The rest of the setup goes onto the Barracuda distribution box which has the EMI/RFI filters & 3000 joules surge protection built in which in turns goes into the output socket of the Krykard.

Regards,

Nitiin

Attachments

• Krykard_internal_pic.jpg
    Krykard_internal_pic.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 111
  • Barracuda_distn.jpg
    Barracuda_distn.jpg
    839.4 KB · Views: 110
Hi Srinivasa,

For HT purpose definitely single phase, air cooled stabiliser would be the popular choice. Both the brands are single phase air cooled. 3 phase is for very heavy duty use & was not recommended by the Krykard technicians & would be very steep in price.. But Vertex is value for money, very good & more popular stabilser which includes the EMI/Rfi filters.
I have attached the internal pic of the Krykard stabiliser. The technician came home, opened it up, tested & checked it before my usage as per Krykard's norm.
Both are good stabilisers. I paid total Rs. 14,337/- including gst which was approx Rs. 2000/- odd.

When input voltage was approx 235 volts, the V-guard Digi 200 corrects it to 217 V where as the Krykard corrects it to mostly 230 V , sometimes 228 or 232 Volts up down depending on the fluctuations which was mentioned by the technician too. But generally it is stable at 230 V. There are times when Vguard corrections go down to 210V depending on voltage hence went for Krykard. I have designated the TV & set-top box to Vguard. The rest of the setup goes onto the Barracuda distribution box which has the EMI/RFI filters & 3000 joules surge protection built in which in turns goes into the output socket of the Krykard.

Regards,

Nitiin
Thanks for clarifying Nitin. Have a good day.

Is there any other way to do this if I have a lack of space ( for Vertex). Does it make sense to get two V guard (use one for the TV) and one for the Subwoofer and Amp?

Is there any other way to do this if I have a lack of space ( for Vertex). Does it make sense to get two V guard (use one for the TV) and one for the Subwoofer and Amp?
As I have mentioned v gaurd will do a good job when you have decent voltage supply and your total load is around 1kv. What is your set up? The vgaurd is more the enough for Tv, blu ray players and HTIB. I have used vgaurd in my set up till last month for nearly 5 years before getting the vertex. I have used Yamaha Yht299, polk psw125, bic pl200-ii, Denon 2400,4500, Sony 43 inch TV, blu ray player and a PA all connected to the vguard. It operates at 205,210v and 215-220v randomly which is what made me go for the vertex. I have v gaurd crystal 3A rated which was used for 4 years and a v gaurd digi smart 200 which is just used for two months laying idle and for sale. Let me know if you are interested and you can save a good amount rather then going new. Give top priority to vertex, krykard servo stabilizer if you can even though I want mine sold I would highly recommend a servo stabilizer. If you decide to go for v gaurd and only if you have decent power supply at ur place consider mine. You can use the 3A model to tv, set top box, media or Blu-ray player and connect the avr and sub to the digi smart 200 rated at 6A and can handle 1-1.2kv load easily

@Love4sound Currently this is my set up
LG OLED c9 55" TV+Onkyo TX-DS676 AVR+Onkyo+onkyo skw 320 subwoofer with surround sound. But in a couple of months I will get my vinyl player and tape player fixed and may end up buying a gaming system like a SONY PS4.

Last edited:
Currently this is my set up
LG OLED c9 55" TV+Onkyo TX-DS676 AVR+Onkyo+onkyo skw 320 subwoofer with surround sound. But in a couple of months I will get my vinyl player and tape player fixed and may end up buying a gaming system like a SONY PS4.
Ok if you have good voltage supply and sure there isn’t any fluctuations a v gaurd will do the job. Your load is well below 1kv at maximum so shouldn’t be a problem. My suggestion is a 1kv servo stabilizer for best results but vertex and krykard will cost you 10k plus. If you don’t want to spend that much a v gaurd digi smart will do. DM me if you are interested as mine is lying idle and used only for 2 months. Have bill and it is under warranty

Last edited:
Yes it works around that much but worth saving your equipment from unwanted fluctuations.
Would agree with what FM's Love4sound and Elangoas have said. But pls find out the cost of the respective stabilisers and how much your equipment would require.
For most of the generic setups 3KVA is more than enough.

Hello Nitin,
I have to install the AV equipment ASAP and need to buy some solution at the earliest.
Can you pls have a look at this thread and help?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back