where to buy modified region free blu-ray players in Mumbai?

koushikp

Hi all,

wondering where to buy modified region free blu-ray player in Mumbai? and what will the suggested models (ideally a 3D one)?

I am looking for the same options in Pune. Mumbai will also do. So far in Pune no one said about a region free player.

Hmm, seems interesting this Kaiboer K750li, question is has anyone bought one & can tell us about its performance or is it like a blind buy & judge for yourself??? :rolleyes:

Price is certainly making it a very good option + it plays FLAC's as mentioned in specifications provided.

ya. i have not checked but forum members have stated method to change region by pressing some buttons sequentially.. search google. u get to know.. i have not purchased it.. but my friend shop said he will get me for 9000, 1 yr warranty.. it has got all features including pip but no 3d...

I checked out videohelp.com, there is a mention of the onida player as hackable through some remote codes...can anyone confirm this? If it is then this remains our best option, given the price..

Also what is the price of the oppo bd93? The dune player seems to expensive to be and the brand is also unknown (to me at least)..since I already have the Xtreamer sidewinder I don't see any value in paying a premium price for the dune's media player capabilities

On Onida BDP: Best way would be to check for self. Carry the instructions, and some region coded BDs/DVDs if possible, and verify in the showroom.

My friend, jbgude, tells me that Oppo BD93 can be imported from US for approximately Rs. 35 k (incl of customs and shipping) from US sites. The price is same for the Dune player. It makes sense to go for Oppo rather than Dune. Unfortulately, I am facing cash crunch now and have to save for 50" TV also.

On Onida BDP: Best way would be to check for self. Carry the instructions, and some region coded BDs/DVDs if possible, and verify in the showroom.

My friend, jbgude, tells me that Oppo BD93 can be imported from US for approximately Rs. 35 k (incl of customs and shipping) from US sites. The price is same for the Dune player. It makes sense to go for Oppo rather than Dune. Unfortulately, I am facing cash crunch now and have to save for 50" TV also.

Problem is I don't have any region a or b locked bd right now..so how to check..surely some one in HFV would have owned and checked? Can anyone respond?

I have some Region A BDs. I have a mix of Region 1 and Region 2 DVDs. And I have a BD of Chronicle of Narnias - Prince Caspian marked Region A/B/C that I purchased in India, and yet won't play on my Region A player.

I will take some for trial. Will have to wait a little because at the moment I am stuck at home with right hand wrist fracture; hence can't drive. :(

Yes I can confirm that the onida bdx1110 can be made region free through simple remote instruction. The menu actually tells you to enter 1 for region A and so on.its on sale at 5000 rs. At the ezone for today and tomorrow, go grab it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Yes I can confirm that the onida bdx1110 can be made region free through simple remote instruction. The menu actually tells you to enter 1 for region A and so on.its on sale at 5000 rs. At the ezone for today and tomorrow, go grab it

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

How many times the region can be changed? Is there any limit like 5.

How many times the region can be changed? Is there any limit like 5.

No idea, but I guess if one makes it region a or b we r done, as I will be importing all my blu rays from amazon UK. I have found only the pixar and Disney movies to be cheaper in india, and they are all region free

No idea, but I guess if one makes it region a or b we r done, as I will be importing all my blu rays from amazon UK. I have found only the pixar and Disney movies to be cheaper in india, and they are all region free

Next time if you check the player, do the region changing 6 times and see whether it is finalized. Will be helpful for future HFV buyers. Thanks.

The change limit of '5' times applies to DVD drives in computers. And perhaps it applies to BD drives in computers as well.

I do not think that it applies to drives in players - DVD or BD.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back