Which 32" inch LED to choose ? Please help me

deepukuttan

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest me which 32 inch LED tv I should go for ?
I heard for quality and durabilitywise sony and panasonic scores more than LG or Samsung. How about Thoshiba it is offering 3 years warranty .
My requirements are, good picture quality ,ability to play MKV,AVI,Xvid formats ,
Keen on getting best sound output as I am not planning for a seperate home theatre (may be with extra inbuilt speakers).
I am ok with Full HD or HD ready as I have only SD connection at home and I will not be getting a HD box soon.
Will HD ready play SD channels better than full HD tv ?
My budget is 35-37 K.

currently shortlisted :
VIERA TH-L32SV6D
Samsung UA32F4800
Sony W600 ( I took a demo ,did not like the sound)

Thanks

Hi,
Let me come to all your queries one by one

Can anyone please suggest me which 32 inch LED tv I should go for ?
I heard for quality and durabilitywise sony and panasonic scores more than LG or Samsung.

As you stated above 'Durability of Sony and Panny scores over Sammy and LG' is not exactly true. If you read the blogs and forums there is not a single TV manufacturer in India who has got impeccable durability records. These panel TVs are very prone to defects. Better go for extended warranty options.

How about Thoshiba it is offering 3 years warranty .

Toshiba is a good option. In fact they make the most value for money products for Indian market. IMO trying Toshiba is not bad either especially when it is offering 3 years warranty.

My requirements are, good picture quality ,ability to play MKV,AVI,Xvid formats ,

Samsung and Toshiba scores in this aspect. Sony's media playability is not that comprehensive. However if PQ is your only concern then SONY stands out tall.

Keen on getting best sound output as I am not planning for a seperate home theatre (may be with extra inbuilt speakers).

Most of the models of any make fails to score in this regard. If you are too much focussed on TV sound output then there is an offering from Samsung with 800W output.
Samsung UA32F4800ARLXL @35K approx

I am ok with Full HD or HD ready as I have only SD connection at home and I will not be getting a HD box soon.
Will HD ready play SD channels better than full HD tv ?

If you are not going to upgrade to HD anytime sooner do not spend the extra premium of a Full HD. Go for HD ready TVs as they adapt to SD signals better than what Full HD does.

My budget is 35-37 K.

At your budget you can also get the SAMSUNG 5 Series known for good PQ.
UA32EH5000RLXL
UA32F5100ARLXL

currently shortlisted :
VIERA TH-L32SV6D
Samsung UA32F4800
Sony W600 ( I took a demo ,did not like the sound)
Thanks

I have already suggested Samsung UA32F4800 for better Audio ouput. The Viera TH-L32SV6D has a good media format support and Audio is also good. Check if Panasonic provides any extended warranty.
Consider SONY W600 for PQ only...better bargain for SONY W650A as it has an overall outstanding review.

Last edited:
Hi,
Let me come to all your queries one by one

As you stated above 'Durability of Sony and Panny scores over Sammy and LG' is not exactly true. If you read the blogs and forums there is not a single TV manufacturer in India who has got impeccable durability records. These panel TVs are very prone to defects. Better go for extended warranty options.

Toshiba is a good option. In fact they make the most value for money products for Indian market. IMO trying Toshiba is not bad either especially when it is offering 3 years warranty.

Samsung and Toshiba scores in this aspect. Sony's media playability is not that comprehensive. However if PQ is your only concern then SONY stands out tall.

Most of the models of any make fails to score in this regard. If you are too much focussed on TV sound output then there is an offering from Samsung with 800W output.
Samsung UA32F4800ARLXL @35K approx

If you are not going to upgrade to HD anytime sooner do not spend the extra premium of a Full HD. Go for HD ready TVs as they adapt to SD signals better than what Full HD does.

At your budget you can also get the SAMSUNG 5 Series known for good PQ.
UA32EH5000RLXL
UA32F5100ARLXL

I have already suggested Samsung UA32F4800 for better Audio ouput. The Viera TH-L32SV6D has a good media format support and Audio is also good. Check if Panasonic provides any extended warranty.
Consider SONY W600 for PQ only...better bargain for SONY W650A as it has an overall outstanding review.

@swarna surjya chakraborthy, How is samsung 32f4500 in terms of pq and aq, if i am watching at a distance of 6 feet from the tv.

Hi
I haven't seen f4500 in action. So it is not fair to make a comment on PQ.
However after reading the specs it seems that the 10 watt AQ is average. This tv belongs to sammy smart tv category hence you can expect a lot of apps in this. At 6 ft 32inch is too small. Consider a bigger screen for this distance.

U may consider SAMSUNG also 32F5100
series 5
I am sure this one will fulfill all your requirements:clapping:

Last edited:
I too am in a similar dillema...have almost finalized the Sony 32w600 over the 32w650/670. Now, I believe the only difference between these is that former comes with a WXGA panel n the latter with a FHD panel.
I dont want to go FHD due to these reasons:-

Firstly, price factor, there is considerably difference n I am already stretching my budget with this model.
Secondly, I have a SD DTH connection and I have no plans to go for a HD anytime soon. Atleast not for another yr or two.
Occasionally, I watch BR movies..mostly downloaded ones which are in 720p n do gaming on my ps3 which again most games are in 720p.
Lastly, I don't think a 32" warrants a FHD panel...if one can save some money. Yes, if there the difference was a mere 1/2k I would've gone fr the FHD model, but AFAIK it's quite a bit more. Instead I can use that 2k to get extended warranty.

Now, I am keen on the Sony w600 series because, one it has the new x reality pro engine which is pretty high end AFAIK.
Two, Sony also has an option of 2 yrs extended warranty.
Three, I have gone through some reviews the panel in these series is tab bit better then the equivalent Samsung 5500 series. Though most of the reviews are of the 650/670 models n none for the w600 version with WXGA panel.

Therefore, I also have a question...Is there any other difference between w650 n w600 apart form one being FHD n the other WXGA ?

Though I had also considered the lower r422 model frm Sony too, but unsure about its PQ n HD performance ? Couldnt get any reviews online too. So can anyone comment on the lower r422 model without the x reality engine, any feedback ?

If any TV guru here can suggest any other 32" led which is as good as the sony w600 n Is cheaper n comes with a 3 yr warranty option. I am open to other brands too.

But, If other options carry only a 1 yr warranty, I would rather buy from the grey market, the only thing keeping me away from it is Sony's 3 yr warranty option.

Can anyone tell me the current price of this model sony 32w600 ??

Last edited:
I too am in a similar dillema...have almost finalized the Sony 32w600 over the 32w650/670. Now, I believe the only difference between these is that former comes with a WXGA panel n the latter with a FHD panel.
I dont want to go FHD due to these reasons:-

Firstly, price factor, there is considerably difference n I am already stretching my budget with this model.
Secondly, I have a SD DTH connection and I have no plans to go for a HD anytime soon. Atleast not for another yr or two.
Occasionally, I watch BR movies..mostly downloaded ones which are in 720p n do gaming on my ps3 which again most games are in 720p.
Lastly, I don't think a 32" warrants a FHD panel...if one can save some money. Yes, if there the difference was a mere 1/2k I would've gone fr the FHD model, but AFAIK it's quite a bit more. Instead I can use that 2k to get extended warranty.

Now, I am keen on the Sony w600 series because, one it has the new x reality pro engine which is pretty high end AFAIK.
Two, Sony also has an option of 2 yrs extended warranty.
Three, I have gone through some reviews the panel in these series is tab bit better then the equivalent Samsung 5500 series. Though most of the reviews are of the 650/670 models n none for the w600 version with WXGA panel.

Therefore, I also have a question...Is there any other difference between w650 n w600 apart form one being FHD n the other WXGA ?

Though I had also considered the lower r422 model frm Sony too, but unsure about its PQ n HD performance ? Couldnt get any reviews online too. So can anyone comment on the lower r422 model without the x reality engine, any feedback ?

If any TV guru here can suggest any other 32" led which is as good as the sony w600 n Is cheaper n comes with a 3 yr warranty option. I am open to other brands too.

But, If other options carry only a 1 yr warranty, I would rather buy from the grey market, the only thing keeping me away from it is Sony's 3 yr warranty option.

Can anyone tell me the current price of this model sony 32w600 ??

BUMP GUYS...need advice on the above...thnx

First of all i would like to thank Swarna Surjya Chakraborty for his inputs, finally i managed to buy LG LN 5650(Jazz tv).

My requirements were not everyones liking. I wanted a decent 32 inch tv and full hd was not mandatory as experts stated for 32 inch. Decent sound was a must to have.
Sony W600A- Not playing all the formates what i have carried in pen drive, sound was below any tv standards.
Samsung Joy 4800- plays all formats but not to my liking as speakers started vibrating at high volumes.
Panasonic H-L32SV6D - Couldnt get a demo, so rather went for E5D demo, picture somehow looked dull for me and video even in different aspect ratios looked out of shape.
LG LN5650 - Played all formats ,sound is clear and crisp (120 RMS 4 speakers) decent picture clarity. So went for it.

Thanks

Swarna Surjya Chakraborty for his inputs, finally i managed to buy LG LN 5650
otcC

I bought LN5650 for 30300 from a store in coimbatore. I think you will get for similiar or slightly better pricing in ebay as well with 1 year warranty. I checked with LG customer care guy, extended warranty for 1 year will cost you 3200 if you take this option in a month else you will have to pay 3500.
Overall verymuch satisfied with this tv, sound is much better than other tv's in this range. If you are an average user you dont need to go for home theater. I have a SD airtel connection and happy with the picture quality.
Cinema mode gives you the best sound output in this tv. I could play almost all formats without any hitch from USB.
If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thanks

I bought LN5650 for 30300 from a store in coimbatore. I think you will get for similiar or slightly better pricing in ebay as well with 1 year warranty. I checked with LG customer care guy, extended warranty for 1 year will cost you 3200 if you take this option in a month else you will have to pay 3500.
Overall verymuch satisfied with this tv, sound is much better than other tv's in this range. If you are an average user you dont need to go for home theater. I have a SD airtel connection and happy with the picture quality.
Cinema mode gives you the best sound output in this tv. I could play almost all formats without any hitch from USB.
If you have any specific questions please let me know.

Thanks

yesterday I bought this tv... they quoted me 35000 but I bargained to 33000.. please tell me the best setting for perfect viewing and enjoyable audio..

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back