Which 55" or larger LCD/LED TV?

shankarcams

I am looking for a 55" or 60" LCD/LED TV. A survey of stores in Chennai reveals not many stocking demo pieces (obviously!) hence seeking advise from the forum.

Would like WiFi built in, DLNA client, 1080p, and 3D support. If LED, then Full Array with local dimming preferable, though with a paucity of large TVs, may have to compromise on LED lighting scheme.

Any advise will be welcomed.

Thanks.

I did consider Plasma but it is so relatively power inefficient and thicker/ heavier. I do agree that picture might be a little better and I guess it is really a personal choice I have made.

Hi take a look at Sony ex720.hx925.lx900/Samsung d6600.d8000/ LG lw5700 or wait for Sonys hx820 and nx720. Hope this helps. Tc.
I am looking for a 55" or 60" LCD/LED TV. A survey of stores in Chennai reveals not many stocking demo pieces (obviously!) hence seeking advise from the forum.

Would like WiFi built in, DLNA client, 1080p, and 3D support. If LED, then Full Array with local dimming preferable, though with a paucity of large TVs, may have to compromise on LED lighting scheme.

Any advise will be welcomed.

Thanks.

shankar...
Last i updated myself when i was buying a tv, bout 10 mnths back... i found that LED(which we call) is actually LCD panel illuminated by leds...be it array or edge lit..but this is intermediary tech as compared to CRTs or plasma or even future leds/oleds...
Plasma..esp for screens bigger than 50' are best...but of course bulkier and less energy efficient...but ahead in pq...and overall visual experience. Pannys make the best plasmas and are expensive but other brands are equally good....u may look.
For ur req...it would be worth while if u have a look at projection sys...
cheers;)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back