Which is a better deal ?

Shivam

I am looking for a tuner now. AM and FM are needed DAB is not a requirement and SW will be a plus.

There are two tuners that I have come across at present which attract me-
Used but in excellent condition - Sansui T 550SW (AM/FM/SW) for Rs.5000.
New sealed - NAD C426 (AM/FM) for Rs. 23500.

Which is a better deal among the two ?
If you have any other suggestion please let me know.

Dear Shivam,

The previous one, by all means providing of course that it is bought after due audition, inspection and/or surety by a trustworthy previous owner/dealer.

Even if you have 23.5 K to splurge, why do so on a tuner, considering the fact that you, in all probability, will not be listening to a tuner full time.

In case you are hell-bent on buying new, consider the Norge tuner available for looksee on their website. It should more than meet your need. I see no point on going overboard for a tuner, unless you are a 3rd long-lost brother of
Anil and Mukesh (Ambani, who else, huh?:lol::lol:). In that case alone, it would be very :cool::cool::cool:

Its on the 7th bar from left on their product bar here
Norge Audio

With the money you save, go in for a good DAC-cum-headphone amp like this
ASUS - Multimedia- ASUS Xonar Essence One
or some other hi-fi component that you have been desirous of buying.

Just my two phooti kaudiees.

PS :- You could also consider setting aside some dough in a fixed deposit account for some beer as and when we meet:D:D:D

Cheerio

Last edited:
Hi Shivam, more than the tuner itself, you should get good antennas for AM/ FM/ SW. I got a good one from Ashish for FM listening. I think my AVR doesn't have SW, only AM and FM. I wonder if there is anything still available on AM, that is not on FM. For international stations, I guess only SW will work.

I got a technics tuner some time back. But it didn't work at all with indoor antenna. I have it packed somewhere. I just use the AVR.

I got a technics tuner some time back. But it didn't work at all with indoor antenna. I have it packed somewhere. I just use the AVR.

Can you find that Technics tuner and sell it to me if you don't use it ?

Technics Tuner + A good Dipole / Folded Dipole / Single Loop Quad antenna (connected through a 75 Ohm coaxial cable with proper impedence matching) should be a very good set up for Shivam, and there will be a finality about it for several years to come.

Technics Tuner + A good Dipole / Folded Dipole / Single Loop Quad antenna (connected through a 75 Ohm coaxial cable with proper impedence matching) should be a very good set up for Shivam, and there will be a finality about it for several years to come.

Seems like I have to read up a lot about antennas too.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back