Which music phone(MP) do you have?

spirovious

Hi friends ,

This will be interesting to discuss abt music phone(MP).many of us may be using Nokia express music,Sony-erric phones which are dedicated to music.
how do you feel the sound?Which model is better for music etc can be shared here.

I am using Nokia 5320 which is MP4 player,3G ready(2 cam)
SQ of it is very goog(9/10)When listened to WMA,sound is very clean,each node is clear,though not very detailed.I havent used vidplayer(real player)
only drawback is photo Q,cam pic taken looks greenish.Dont know FW upgrading can fix it.FM reception too is good too.

Today I saw add of Nokia 5130 for less than6k(5800?)The rev are good as per the music performance is concerned.Bluth is fast,so the USB

So pls share abt musical phones.Best for STQ like audiophile Q.

Right now I have Motorola ROKR but don't listen to music on the phone anymore. I use it mainly for internet browsing and its excellent on this mobile.

One of the best music phones I've had and listened extensively to was the original music phone the Motorola E398. It's SQ was something, had to be heard to be believed but then it was designed along with Apple, of course later on Apple ventured on their own with the iPhone.

I've owned a couple of Nokia N Series and they were ok to good for music, I had a couple of Sony Ericsson's in the K750i and the K790i and both had great music but more than that excellent cameras that's why I never bothered for a Sony Walkman phone.

I have another Motorola RAZR again in conjunction with Apple that has come with iTunes preloaded (came from the U.S.) and again this has good music too.

I have quite an expensive setup for music in my car, but yet when using the Motorola E398 (Music Phone) I would listen to music on the phone and not use the car's music system while driving so that's how good this particular Motorola was.

For me my 16 GB Iphone does everything I require musically. I have transferred some of my music cds with Apple Lossless technology to my iphone. The best part about it is that its gets connected to my car stereo through it's ipod interface which lets me control all the music just like a cd changer, also I have an Onkyo Ipod Dock which is connected to my system at home which lets me enjoy music there. The best thing about Iphone is that you can download Radio station like shoutcast, last fm, aol radio on it and then stream radio stations wirelessly through it to be enjoyed on your setup.

i have nokia n73 music edition,it produces decent music but not of audiophile quality,i also do have ipod nano and nothing come closer to it in term of SQ.i spend more time with my ipod rather then n73 when i am on the go.
if there is something that come close to ipod/iphone in term of SQ then it is certainly Sony Ericsson W series phones,earlier i was having SE W800i & it's SQ was very good however this model is no longer available now.
latest addition of Sony Ericsson :SATIO
it's a combination of sony's 'C' & 'W' series,it has 12.1mp sony cybershot cam and sony's well known walkman app.with highly powerful MEGA BASS.runs on symbian open source UIQ.however phone is not out yet and expected to come in the 4th Q of this year.

latest addition of Sony Ericsson :SATIO
it's a combination of sony's 'C' & 'W' series,it has 12.1mp sony cybershot cam and sony's well known walkman app.with highly powerful MEGA BASS.runs on symbian open source UIQ.however phone is not out yet and expected to come in the 4th Q of this year.

Will probably cost a bomb. I would feel buying a 12MP camera, a mobile phone and an iPod, all 3 would cost less. But SE's camera phones are really good. I've two cameras a Sony Cybershot and a Canon Powershot and the SE camera phones would hold their own against them in ideal conditions.

Will probably cost a bomb. I would feel buying a 12MP camera, a mobile phone and an iPod, all 3 would cost less. But SE's camera phones are really good. I've two cameras a Sony Cybershot and a Canon Powershot and the SE camera phones would hold their own against them in ideal conditions.

I do second what moserw has said, its better to spend cash on separate digi cam/ d slr, pmp and phone.

I have been using sony ericsson walkman phones like w700i, w810i. I used to like the Sound quality at that point of time. Howver once I heard the music on other players, I realised that Mega bass was more of Muddy bass:p. It was mostly boosted highs and lows and low detail.

After that moved on to Nokia N91 and the change in SQ was phenomenal:eek:hyeah:. I wont say it s perfectly clean, but still clarity, tight bass and mostly power are great. And yes I love phones which come with Standard mini stereo 3.5mm jack on the body itself.

Forgot to add, the iPhone, its got excellent sound quality! Though the ipod had middling sq compared to its peers, the iPhone tops my list of phones with good Sound quality, along with N81/91/95 and xm5130, moto rokr e6,em30.
I did check out the Omnia, but was disappointed.

Presently using the Samsung F400 and Htc Touch.
The first one is a music phone with B&O tech, its good but not enough as its B&o branding suggests. It has good clarity but distorts at top volume.
The Htc Touch has headphones with mini usb jack, but sound is surprisingly good.

I have tried the Nokia xm 5130 with SEnnheisser headphones and that phone has good sound quality. AT 5.8k its excellent vfm.
The Moto rokr and em series are also great.

Last edited:
I wonder if we are really looking for a quality music from any phone. To me, its just a timepass when you are on move. Am using a Nokia N85, SQ is 'thikthak' so is the interface.FM reception is good. Thats all I want from it.

Thanks friends, moment I started the thread ,my PC died.
I need to service MB ,I may miss few posts.:sad:

HTC 3g touch is not exactly a music phone, but when paired with Dell BH200 stereo bluetooth headphones, it simply rocks for me.

I am using O2 Atom Exec Touch Windows mobile. Playing wav / mp3(320kbps) files is awesome in this, with good details. Is there any application which can run the flac files in a windows mobile?

I use a Sony Ericsson C510. It's a Cybershot series phone with 3.2 MP camera. Music is as good as any other SE phone.

~Swapnil

I am using O2 Atom Exec Touch Windows mobile. Playing wav / mp3(320kbps) files is awesome in this, with good details. Is there any application which can run the flac files in a windows mobile?

Cmsajith,
You can use PocketPlayer for playing flac on windows mobile

Has anybody tried playing wav files in nokia N -Series phones. I normally play mp3 files but not at all happy. so wondering is it better to get additional memory and put some wav files in it.

SE w810i,one of the no issues phone,
ok for office cab listening,plays 320kbps MP3, music sound artificial , sony in ear chepo head phones produce muddy bass, poor mids.

Fav portable gear, include another player(not the phone) + FiiO Amp+ SoundMagic PL -30s IEMs

very good for the price, music much better than phones

oops i completely forgot the thread after posting
Will probably cost a bomb.
yup agree with u,
same old marketing technique,initially they will launch phone with hiked prices may be appx.40 or40+ & then tend to reduce prices

i would feel buying a 12MP camera, a mobile phone and an iPod, all 3 would cost less.
again agree with u,
but i guess anyhow if it would be available for 25 to 28k then i will consider it VFM due to it's handiness as i wont have to carry 3 things separately.

SE's camera phones are really good
once again agree with u,
and thats why i considered it as VFM at 25k.

its better to spend cash on separate digi cam/ d slr, pmp and phone.
yes u r right and separation also brings quality but combining brings u handiness and i dont have to carry bunch of gadgets with me!

ok guys check out video of SATIO
YouTube - Sony Ericsson SATIO (IDOU) 12.1 MEGAPIXEL BEAST ! END OF THE iPHONE ERA ! ! ! (HD)

more on LG claims to have first dolby digital phone LG arena
check out the video
YouTube - LG Arena KM900 video

cheers

previously i was suing sew830i for two years then i changed to Nokia 5220 Musix xpress that was realy a depress phone that can only comparable to chineese and korean stuff .Now i changed to Raze2 V8.Its realy rocking phone. with two color display and crystal clear display

Hi,
Been a Sony ericsson user for years now. Never ever heard music on any instrument as never had the need or desire to.
Current phone is a G 700 which replaced the K750i. The G700 is the worst SE i have ever used. Seems flimsy and poorly made and not a patch (build wise) on the earlier models which were not made in china.
The camera seems good though and that seems to be the saving grace.IMO SE phones have better cameras than the current competition.
Rgds

Last edited:
Hi,
Been a Sony ericsson user for years now. Never ever heard music on any instrument as never had the need or desire to.
Current phone is a G 700 which replaced the K750i. The G700 is the worst SE i have ever used. Seems flimsy and poorly made and not a patch (build wise) on the earlier models which were not made in china.
The camera seems good though and that seems to be the saving grace.IMO SE phones have better cameras than the current competition.
Rgds

Yes, the k750i and the w810i were excellent phones from SE.
There is still no 2mp cam which match these.
EVen the the 3.2mp k810i is good. But SE lost it with the 5mp k850i and other recent models. N82 trumps it.

Crackberry 8300- I have an analog line in with a speaker set at work and hook it up when I get to be alone in my office which is very very very rare.

Hi friends ,

This will be interesting to discuss abt music phone(MP).many of us may be using Nokia express music,Sony-erric phones which are dedicated to music.
how do you feel the sound?Which model is better for music etc can be shared here.

I am using Nokia 5320 which is MP4 player,3G ready(2 cam)
SQ of it is very goog(9/10)When listened to WMA,sound is very clean,each node is clear,though not very detailed.I havent used vidplayer(real player)
only drawback is photo Q,cam pic taken looks greenish.Dont know FW upgrading can fix it.FM reception too is good too.

Today I saw add of Nokia 5130 for less than6k(5800?)The rev are good as per the music performance is concerned.Bluth is fast,so the USB

So pls share abt musical phones.Best for STQ like audiophile Q.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back