Which NORGE amp

drkaushik

Need help from all you guys!
Can't decide which Norge amp to get to power my Sonodyne 2605V2 fls,which are rated at 130 watts continuous power @ 8 ohms.The sonodyne 120 watts/ch amplifier is out of production, it seems. Did not like their new integrated amp Sia 208R.

At present I am using AVR Yamaha V667 and it's workin fine, but as many in the forum say, 2 channel amp is best for music listening.
Please ,don't ask me to audition them, it is simply not possible due to the distance between Siliguri and Mumbai.
Which amp is suited best among 2060, 1000 concerto gold, Mofset Reference 2000?
Thank you in advance.

has to be 1000 or 2000 mofet ref....was using the 1000 with mission m35s- the mofset has a more laid back sound which is good in its own way. A 2 channel amp helps - but a lot depens on your expectations, source other components etc. I don't know about the sound signature of Sonodynes - so cant comment.

I have the Norge lying in a safe place in calcutta now that i am in the usa. Let me know if you are interested.

Need help from all you guys!
Can't decide which Norge amp to get to power my Sonodyne 2605V2 fls,which are rated at 130 watts continuous power @ 8 ohms.The sonodyne 120 watts/ch amplifier is out of production, it seems. Did not like their new integrated amp Sia 208R.

At present I am using AVR Yamaha V667 and it's workin fine, but as many in the forum say, 2 channel amp is best for music listening.
Please ,don't ask me to audition them, it is simply not possible due to the distance between Siliguri and Mumbai.
Which amp is suited best among 2060, 1000 concerto gold, Mofset Reference 2000?
Thank you in advance.

I have listened to both 1000 & 2000 with Sonodyne 2605 v2. I am sure 2000 suits 2605 more than 1000. Because Sonodyne 2605 is itself a bit on the brighter side choose Norge 2000 / Used NAD amplifer. NAD will be a perfect match with Sonodyne IMHO.

It is interesting to note that nobody has commented on the wattage rating of the speakers. I think it is quite right to completely ignore it! It is the most useless hifi specification of all, and its only purpose is to help prevent you blowing up your speakers by pumping too much power into them.

This is the least-known fact of all to hifi salesmen, the world over, who love to tell customers that the 100W speakers will be louder than the 50W speakers. Those guys should be selling light bulbs!

The rating of 1000 concerto gold @ 8ohms is not mentioned in the website.Norge 2000 is 100 watts@ 8 ohms.Can anyone throw some light about 1000's 8 ohm ratings.

The rating of 1000 concerto gold @ 8ohms is not mentioned in the website.Norge 2000 is 100 watts@ 8 ohms.Can anyone throw some light about 1000's 8 ohm ratings.

Ok. 1000 & 2000 have the same specifications. At exactly half the volume on the Norge 2000, it can comfortably drive the 2605.

go for a pre-owned NAD integrated, without a shade of doubt, it is far superior than any Norge and would fit your budget too....if you can push the budget a bit, you could even go for separates (preamp + poweramp)

go for a pre-owned NAD integrated, without a shade of doubt, it is far superior than any Norge and would fit your budget too....if you can push the budget a bit, you could even go for separates (preamp + poweramp)

Norge 1000 & 2000 costs around 11k & 12k.

Which NAD @ 100 wpc (8ohms) would be close match to Norge Amps? Where can we find pre-owned in this price range.

Can you give some lights on preamp+poweramp if budget is around 20k.

Thanks

Gentlemen...

Forget the watts!

The best upgrade I ever did was to change from a 100w amp to a 50w amp. Talk to the tube people, and they'll tell you about about single-digit-watts-per-channel output.

I have no idea what the rating of my speakers is and, even if I were buying a new amp, I wouldn't bother to look it up. Just I know not to plug some Kw-output PA amp into them, and start it up with the volume on full :D

There are many vintage amps of Sansui,Kenwood and Technics ( and many other Jap brands) available from Rm 4-5 K ....audition it,get it matched with speakers,it will take pants off the norge ....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back