Which photo printer ?

s_sachin

Any recommendations ? Ebay shows in range of 6k to 25 k. Will the budget printers give me similar quality to the Kodak kiosks ?my budget is 6 to 8k . Pease advise

Any recommendations ? Ebay shows in range of 6k to 25 k. Will the budget printers give me similar quality to the Kodak kiosks ?my budget is 6 to 8k . Pease advise
Some questions:

• Are you going to print a lot of photos at home? If yes, Consider the cost of ink. I had HP-6280 AIO printer with black + 5 colour cartridges. Each 4x6 photo used to cost me about Rs. 4, while the 8x10 print cost worked out to Rs. 18.
  • Inks run out very fast - especially the light inks such as yellow, light blue and light magenta. In case of 3-coloured inks, the green and cyan run out faster than the red.
  • Modern printer cartridges have embedded chips that store an expiry date. The cartridge expires even if it is not dry (when left unused for a long time). These cannot be refilled. Consider an ink-tank based printer such as Epson L-210. I switched from HP to Epson, primarily because of cartridge/ink costs.
  • Do you wish to print borderless photos? If yes, check this feature. Epson L-210 does not support borderless printing.
  • Are there any regular printing needs apart from photos?
  • There is no point in going for a printer costing more than 10K.

Note that it always work out cheaper to print photos with the local photo kiosks.

If I may add, the HP c6280 printer with 6 ink cartridges produces excellent photos but as stated earlier inks are real bank breakers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back