Which speaker cables?

sidlal

Hi, I have recently succumbed to my upgrade bug and purchased the B&W 802Ds and Krell Evo 302 / 222. Am now looking to purchase some good bi-wire speaker cables which have two terminated pairs on one end and one pair on the other (as Krell has a single pair of speaker binding posts). Would greatly appreciate some cheap but effective suggestions as my bank account is already empty :)

Also, have my old gear which I want to sell. What is the best place to do so?

Thanks.

Hi, I have recently succumbed to my upgrade bug and purchased the B&W 802Ds and Krell Evo 302 / 222. Am now looking to purchase some good bi-wire speaker cables which have two terminated pairs on one end and one pair on the other (as Krell has a single pair of speaker binding posts). Would greatly appreciate some cheap but effective suggestions as my bank account is already empty :)

Thanks.

hi what is it u have for sale

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know of any dealers for Nordost, Chord, QED, Supra in Delhi? Also, what are your thoughts on speaker cables from Transparent Audio and Kimber - 12TC?

Have also been reading a lot on speaker cables and auditioned a few myself. As most articles online state, I have not really been able to distinguish the sonic differences between similar AWG cables. Someone mentioned to me to just buy any unbranded 6-8 AWG cable which is well insulated as it would not have any difference in sound quality and save me a lot of money. Any thoughts?

Am looking to sell a pair of B&W DM604 speakers and the Denon PMA 2000R integrated amp. Both solely owned by me, in great condition and with all accessories & manuals available. Boxes should also be available but will need to check before I confirm.

With the speakers and amps you have you would need to go for middle/higher end CHORD cables---at least Rumour if not Odyssey.And a matching interconnect would be the Chord Chameleon.But both the Rumour and the Chameleon are 10K+ each.

Someone has a pair of Einstein speaker cables for sale in the for sale section. These are a few notches better than everything in that list you are considering.

If you have a big budget, you might want to look at Goertz Alphacore Ag version. I have the copper ones and they are superb. I'm sure the silver will be mind blowing.

Thanks.

Krell Evo & B&W 802.
Now after spending this much, spend a bit more and get the cable that really appeals to u or u will never be happy.

Option 1. Buy the kimbers. I have owned most kimber (cant afford the select:eek:) for the last decade and all I say is its a good, no nonsense speaker cable, and is still available cheap internationally. Only look at the TC line and 12 TC or even the 4 /8 TC biwire which was the golden combo till a few years ago.

Option 2 is the XLO Ultra 12 or 2 pairs of the ultra 6, Since u 'must' biwire!!!! XLO ultra is now history and NOS can be got thru various internet resellers at a fraction of the earlier list price. This particular cable and the kimbers are both good with your speaker.

Transparent is expensive and the action starts from the middle level. The entry level Music Wave is nothing special and even that is expensive. U have to buy this brand either in HK,Sgpore or then in the US.

Rgds

Thanks for your replies.

Do you know of any dealers for Nordost, Chord, QED, Supra in Delhi? Also, what are your thoughts on speaker cables from Transparent Audio and Kimber - 12TC?

Have also been reading a lot on speaker cables and auditioned a few myself. As most articles online state, I have not really been able to distinguish the sonic differences between similar AWG cables. Someone mentioned to me to just buy any unbranded 6-8 AWG cable which is well insulated as it would not have any difference in sound quality and save me a lot of money. Any thoughts?

Am looking to sell a pair of B&W DM604 speakers and the Denon PMA 2000R integrated amp. Both solely owned by me, in great condition and with all accessories & manuals available. Boxes should also be available but will need to check before I confirm.

hi

how much are u expecting for your speakers and for your amp ?

I have an older pair of 802s and I found the music wave Transparent to be beautiful sounding with terrific openness and 3d depth and space in the sound. One drawback can be a softening of highs in some systems. Kimber, 4TC, sounded edgy and out of phase in my system, so really very good brands and cables sound different in different systems. Please don't buy before you audition cable that has been broken in about 100 hours. If a dealer cant supply a listening pair, don't buy from him, import it yourself and save a lot of money.

And remember interconnects are equally critical, they also make a LARGE difference. After experimenting with Kimber, Transparent, Nordost, AudioQuest, etc, I finally settled for Harmonic Technologies interconnects. And believe me, there are LARGE differences in the sound of these interconnects, and you wont know until you actually hear them in own system and your room, which one is right for you.

Chetan:

Oh! am also a great believer of IC's and their critical role in a setup apart from speaker cables.

:)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back