Which speakers to buy for Denon 1911 - Budget 30-45K max

I have a 7 seater Sofa, so the 3 seater one (which I use to watch the movies on) is laid across the length of the room, the tv is on the opposite wall, across the length again.

Viewing distance is not much, max 4-5 ft from the TV....

I don't have a lot of empty space in this room, after the huge sofa set (its those couch style ones), all that is in the room is a center table and a shabby looking TV table...

May I suggest Jamo 606 5.0 speakers, which are retailing for 42K now in EZone and Reliance Digital stores all across? I checked them out the other day and they sounded really good.

Cheers!

Thanks Deepchand, I checked out Jamo at Cinebels in Gurgaon, but not sure, it just didn't click to me. I am not sure what amp was he using.... I guess a Sherwood?

But the speakers didnt impress me much...

Do you own one of these? If yes, what do you use to drive them? If not, when you took a demo, what was the AVR these were paired with?

^^ I have the Jamo 606, Sub300 with Onkyo 508. Pretty decent combo.

You are welcome to visit for a demo with your AVR, and I will also get a chance to check with a different AVR to see if I am missing anything.

So far I have come up with a list of sets which are within my budget and accessibility = YES. This list is purely based on the the reviews over the internet and I am yet to take demos for the same....

Klipsch HD500 - 34K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Energy Take Classic - 31.5 K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Energy Take Classic - 28K (ebay, shopabroad)
Q A 1010i -- ????
Paradigm Cinema 70CT/ 90CT --- ???
Polk Audio RM705 - 22K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Polk Audio RM6750 - 22K (Amazon, shopabroad)
BOSE 301 Series - 18K (BoseIndia)
Infinity TSS 1200 (w 12" sub) - 44K (Amazon, shopabroad)

I have posted the best prices these are available for, next to the sets. I will be updating this list...as I get more prices....
If you're aware of better prices for the above sets please let me know and I shall update this master list here.

Also, I wanted to mention, figuring out getting the TSS 1200 for 45K is not quite VFM, and having gone thru the many pages of praises and +++ reviews for the Energy take classic I am getting inclined to buy them....

@ Kittu, You mentioned a sub-sat system may be smallish for my 200sft living room, but in the reviews I read, many people are using this for their basements and LRs well above 600-700 sft....

Once again, thanks for your time to help me build my dream set :)

Last edited:
Snorkel,

Try to get a demo of Cambridge Audio Sirocco series (S30-fronts, S50-Center, S20-rears, S90-SW) as well. Well within your budget and has good reviews too.

@ Kittu, You mentioned a sub-sat system may be smallish for my 200sft living room, but in the reviews I read, many people are using this for their basements and LRs well above 600-700 sft....

Once again, thanks for your time to help me build my dream set :)

Can you reply them to post a pic ;) ? Unless they are talking about setups like coffee day :D.

Find the file attached with some of the reviews, saved you some time by not going into so many reviews...

For once I thought it seems phoney and fishy... but now I am beginning to think they are genuine reviews....

Attachments

• ETC Reviews.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 42
if we can get these speakers (Infinity TSS-1200CHR High-Performance, 6-Piece Home Theater Speaker System (Charcoal Black)set for 25k will they be good enough for denon 2311. thanks

just adding a bit of my own as I am looking for something similar....for 13*10 room size ..would it makesense to do 5.1 and what is the view on jamo speakers

Do we have any members in the forum who own a energy take classic pair? Would love to know their feedback with a decently new avr?

Don't you have a reliance digital store near your area/town?

They stock Energy take classic 5.1. Although audition may not be in basement type of room. :)

Yeah, am trying to make a visit there as soon as possible.... Even in my last visit I saw a Onkyo 6300 and I tried it out. They were playing some pathetic Hindi songs via a mp3 disc, and I plugged my iPhone with some serious bass filled house music tracks. I cranked it loud enough for the manager to come running and check if I was really interested in buyingthe set...lol....just next to them I saw another set, now I can't remember if it was a energy take classic or energy micro....

Any approx price for the classic in India known?

Apparently they are discotinued in India now...so I really doubt anyone still has them...

Just saw klipsch HD500 for 340$ on eBay USA.

Updated Price list - Price includes all charges and delivery to doorstep...

Klipsch HD500 - 34K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Energy Take Classic - 31.5 K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Energy Take Classic - 28K (ebay, shopabroad)
Q A 1010i -- ????
Polk Audio RM705 - 22K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Polk Audio RM6750 - 22K (Amazon, shopabroad)
BOSE 301 Series - 18K (BoseIndia)
Infinity TSS 1200 (w 12" sub) - 44K (Amazon, shopabroad)
Paradigm CT 70 - 30K
Paradigm CT 110 - 42K (Kittu's price)
Polk TSi 300 - 21K/ 16.5 K (opened, in India)
Mordaunt Short Carnival 6- 13.6K FS (eBay, India)
Wharfedale 9.5 - 30K (MRP)
Wharfedale 10.5 - 35K (MRP)

I personally vouch for and suggest that you audition/shortlist the wall-mountable Noa1 5.2 set-up from lithos.
Very serious speakers indeed. Each pair of speakers @ about 10k each. They can be routed through a passive sub @ about 6.5k each. So, you get a wonderful "5.2" HT surround set-up. The subwoofer(s) do(es) a neat job inspite of being passive, thanks to the very efficient and well-designed x-over setup inside the cabinet. However, let this pass if your room size is more than 18'x18'. Also, if you are the kind who likes to shake up the walls and rattle the neighbours' window panes, then this is not for you. This provides just the right amount of bass which you can still control/enhance from the eq/bass knob of your avr/amp. Also, Do especially read the ans to Q6 in the FAQs from the lithos website about center spkr configurations
faqs
I do admit that I, too was a little skeptical about the claims made by Rajiv D'Souza of Lithos but from the time his speakers clock about 70-80 hrs, they begin to shine and everything that he says here (http://www.lithosindia.com/qbal_det.html) rings true. This has to be heard to be believed. In about 33k, you have a system that can compete with many costing twice as much and last but by no means least, keeps sounding sweet to your ears even during ultra-prolonged listening sessions
The optional wall-mounts made by Vogels and provided on request are SUPERB, too. All in all, a great set of speakers n subs. At an additional 5k, you can sustitute the center noa with a lithos q10 but go for it only if your avr manual says clearly that the machine can take a 4ohm spkr load. Personally, for room sizes upto 15'x15', I'd rather stick with the noa1 as center. Believe you me, it wont ever let you down, either as a center, front or surround and whats more, they sound even better with music. Plus, if you use 2 subs with 4 speakers you can always switch cables to listen to music in stereo using the rear 2.1 setup.
Regards
PS- The rates I have mentioned are from when i bought my setup about a year and a quarter ago. May have gone up slightly

Last edited:
Thanks a lot trittiya,

I would surely demo them as well. Any clues where I could demo them in NCR? Are they only in Mumbai or have distributors and dealers in Delhi as well....

PMd inderbir singh from HFV from Delhi and we discussed about some options as well....

Are you located in NCR? I've read your posts in the past with PARORA :)

pM me ur contact details and I'll call u up....planning for a demo at Bass n treble at Dwarka....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@trittiya,

Too bad, i called Lithos Mumbai and they don't have any options to get a demo in Delhi or Gurgaon... only Mumbai for now....

You said you bought these, do you have them set up in Delhi? if yes, I would like to come over and demo them

Another deterring fact was that he said the 5.1 costs 60K.... beyond my budget...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back