Which speakers to buy for Denon 1911 - Budget 30-45K max

Hey Prasad,

Well the demo trip was ok ok... Nothing really great... not very disappointing...considering the fact I was demoing in a very large OPEN area....

I reached RD with my Media player, many BD rips, mp3s and DVDs in evening... At that time the ET C system was connected to a Sherwood Amp... pathetic 230 watts...

I didn't want the demo on that... so I asked him to change it to the Onkyo 3300 kept next to it... He made all the connections for all speakers and then we realised I can't demo the Subwoofer of the ETC system on Onkyo 3300 as Onkyo is a system with a Passive subwoofer.....while ETC has an active Sub...... So we finally let the Onkyo woofer remain connected...I couldn't demo the ETC Subwoofer hence..

The sats and surrounds were found sitting next to each other with surrounds on the extreme ends and fronts next to them on the inner side... we couldn't spread them out much because of space constraints and people passing by us giving us strange looks... not sure if it was me, or the Onkyo or ET speakers...

Second problem came when I tried to connect the media player to Onkyo via HDMI.... It wouldn't detect any signals... so we HAD to connect it through a coaxial cable from the Media Player... to input of Onkyo....

The video from Onkyo was supposed to be displayed on a temporary 32" LCD nearby... but that didn't work either... so we had to connect it through coaxial from Media Player directly as well... so in other words the setup became

MP > coaxial > Onkyo
MP > coaxial > TV

We played a few BD rips that I had with me on the Media player... like Tokro Drift, Tron Legacy, Bourne ultimatum etc..... the clarity was ok.... in other words.. there was nothing MAJOR or IMPRESSIVE about the demo that I could say... we didn't hear any thumping BASS even though the Sub WOofer was bouncing off the floor like a restless hamster..
I tried to recollect as many settings of the Onkyo as possible and applied them viz...
All channels to 0 DB, Center to +1DB, Sub to -1 DB
Audyssey OFF
Dynamic EQ off
Speakers - Small

Reducing the decibels for the sub woofer, stopped shaking the woofer but then we didn't feel a bit of BASS>..
A few times during the movie... we were 'still' able to distinguish the surround effects.... during the tokyo drift, initial race sequence... bourne identity car chase screen... etc etc
I played some MP3s and the sound quality was decent.... it was pleasant to here ... even though there's wasn't any ambient effect...

Finally we said... DONE to the demo and I decided I wanna demo RM 6750 once again at a nearby mall... so the disappointed sales rep unplugged all the speakers and kept them back... when discussed about discounts... he said the MRP is 32K and we are selling it at 25998....at the max it could be reduced to 25500..that was his last quote...

I still wanted to talk to the Manager for firstly, trying to ensure how can I make part payment and get the Actual seal packed BOX from the warehouse and inspect it that its a 100% brand new box... because with so few pieces remaining in the market and item being discontinued I wanted to be sure I get the right thing....

I also had the option to pay in 6 or 3 EMIs by my Credit Card... which I will surely chose.
He said I would get 1 extra year of warranty from Reliance Digita... but not sure how much of it would be worth...

so the first year both, Energy and RD warranties will be runnign simultaneously and then second year.. RS warranty should keep me protected.

I checked with the Snob Shop in MGF mall for the demo of 6750, he didn't have them at that moment, but he quoted the price to be around 30K... give or take a few K's. He didnt have a set available for Demo... so it didnt happen.....

And then to add to the complexity, Kittu hunted out a Brilliant Martin Logan MLT2 5.1 Deal for me from US....Speakers worth 999$ are being sold for 350$
Getting them till India will increase the cold to 31K with Borderlinx....

But i am not too sure... as I am not able to find a lot of reviews on them... and some ppl say... they are good for BIG SPEAKERS, not too good for smaller one's. A lot also say, they tried to enter the 5.1 market by MLT1 and MLT 2 but the plan didn't work and hence they discontinued these models...

The only difference between ETC and MLT was the 10" woofer of MLT as compared to 8" of Energy Take,....rest everything is pretty much SAME!!

So I am still dicey about the following option

Energy Take Classic from RD with 2 yr warranty for 25K
MartinLogan MLT2 5.1 from US, no warranty for 31K
RM6750 from India for approx 28K

Help (again) please?????

Sadly, my set-up is is in dajeeling, but parora knows someone in gurgaon who has an entire lithos range ka setup at a farmhouse in Gurgaon. Have sent you a pm. Pl call me as I am leaving shortly.

Yes, I do know. But he is one of the nirulas,the honcho of great Nirula's empire, and is an audiofile too. He did let me have a demo and was very forthcoming. But not sure of sending our firend there, without his and lithos consent. Besides Mr Nirula's have Kontra( the most expensive of lithos) and noas were only used by him, as 2.0 in a dining area, just to fill the room with some sound.

Cheers,

RM6750 shouldn't be more than 18K. That's the quote I got from ProFX Bangalore. Engergy take classic from Regliance Digital, did you actually see those in their store? Because when I inquired they had no clue on that model.

I Second anish, RD Mantri Mall had no clue about Energy Take, they had Sony Speakers, may be kittu can tell us in which RD we can see these speakers

Thanks Kittu,

By the way i work two buildings away from Cunningham Road Reliance Time out :p, will check from them :)

Charan

I can confirm about Koramangala reliance because I asked the very branch for this speakers about 3-4 months back. So probably all of their stocks got over by 2010.

kittu,

Was using a Jamo DVD receiver, which has gone kaput, i am in hunt for an AVR with a bugget of 40k, i will be pairing the jamo speakers with the sub to the avr for a few months. So in my case i will be purchasing an AVR first, so auditioning with the avr with suitable speakers (BS) wich i will be buying later.

I tried servicing the DVD receiver with Cinebels, but they refused to fix it after having it wiht them for 2 weeks.

Please advice if buying an AVR would be a good idea

Wooow...

Even vPrasad84 said the price for RM6750 should be around 18K... When I asked here at a dealer in Gurgaon MGF Metropoliton mall they said 30K with a flat face.... ! :O

Now I have a reference price to negotiate with them......

boy, it gets interesting then...

Polk RM6750 for 18K
ETC for 25.5 K

FYI - Well I would say I got lucky... I was hunting for a ETC/ and its demo and had contacted numerous forum members for it... Crewcut, GeorgeO, another one from Mumbai etc etc...
And I was always under the impression that RD was sellign ET Micro and not classic...
Ten Riviera international mailed me saying ETC 5.1 is now old and discontinued model and hence they are now selling ETC micro for 42K.... :eek:

and just 'Luck by chance' I called RD few days back and got a call back from them, once they checked with their warehouse and confirmed they have 2-3 pieces still lyign box packed... the warehouse is in Pataudi near Gurgaon...

Price quoted was 25998 and reduced further to 25500 max...
2 yrs warranty like I mentioned from RD before...and 1 yr from ET...

Will do.... Although I think I am very close to buying the ETC..

Ruled the Infinity TSS 1200 out... because they are not Value for money for 1000$ to get them to India...
Rules MLT2 out, coz not much difference is there between the ETC and the MLT2, other than that, MLT2 has 2" bigger subwoofer driver - 10"... ETC has 8" but I think that will be sufficient..

Will keep you posted...

Finally you have brought a smile on your AVR :D. Poor thing was sitting idle for a while .

Congratulations.

Last edited:
Thanks Kittu, prasad and jasper...
Well I didn't want the option of buying the demo piece, which RD was very happy to sell it off... I obviously insisted on checking the stocks and it showed the beautiful count of "1 item remaining"

I haggled with him for a while and he agreed for 25K.... got a sales order generated and hopefully the delivery should be made today directly at home, around evening....

So last night wifey and friends were raising a toast to finally saying good bye to seeing the white and blue forum screens on my laptop all the time...

And as kittu said, sitting on the side, smirking, was my 1911, limbering up, to unleash the beast within.. once the speakers arrived. He was the happiest to have found company now :)

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back