Which sub to go along with the Martin Logan Electromotions

pguy

I'm looking to put up a 5.1 system with ML Electromotions towers/centers and surrounds. The ML subs aren't rated well for their price points. What would be a really fast and accurate 10" sub that may go along well with the Electromotions?

Budget is approx a lakh for a great sub. What do you suggest?

Thanks!

Nindo,

Both seem to be 12" subs, I have to make do with a 10" one due to space constraints

Nindo,

Both seem to be 12" subs, I have to make do with a 10" one due to space constraints

OK, but it depends on how much space does the enclosure/woofer box take up. There might be a possibility that you will be able to fit in a powered sub-woofer with 12" drivers.

I suggest you measure the available space (HxWxD) and then check the enclosure sizes of HSU, Velodyne, Emotiva and B&W woofers.

cheers

Buy a good sub from a local (Indian) dealer / distributor. Importing expensive subs will be risky if they run into repairs later. Shipping a sub to the U.S. is costly and risky.

ARN Sytems is dealing with SVS subs now, you can even check the Velodyne high end series.

Welcome to ARN Systems ::: Bangalore: :: India
htstore.in/velodyne.html

I just emailed htstore to check if they carried a certain the Velodyne DD+ 10. I'll check with Sridhar about the SVS subs as well.

Buy a good sub from a local (Indian) dealer / distributor. Importing expensive subs will be risky if they run into repairs later. Shipping a sub to the U.S. is costly and risky.

ARN Sytems is dealing with SVS subs now, you can even check the Velodyne high end series.

Welcome to ARN Systems ::: Bangalore: :: India
htstore.in/velodyne.html

Shanti has 2 ML depth subs,
I don't think he would have taken the call to buy them if it were not good enough. and I guess everyone who knows him and the sort of equipment he uses would agree with me

Not questioning whether the subs are good, just at the price point can you do better.

Shanti has 2 ML depth subs,
I don't think he would have taken the call to buy them if it were not good enough. and I guess everyone who knows him and the sort of equipment he uses would agree with me

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back