which tv to buy?

chungs

Dear hifians,
I have gone through various threads of hifivsiion. I am constantly and eagerly in search of a tv(of budget 45k) to replace me 10 year old crt. I have shortlisted now
1.sony 32ex520
BUT, A REVIEW IN FLIPKART whose 46cx520 lcd has bust just after few months of purchase, so i very much reluctant to buy the sony led which i have shortlisted.
I am also skceptical to purchase plasma's since my parents will be using the tv all the time. I don't want to go to buy samsung led's since some of the reviews shown on the samsung india website reveal that they don't operate after the warranty period.(or even within the warranty period)
SO, KINDLY SUGGEST ME HIFIANS , WHICH TV SHALL I PURCHASE EVEN OUT OF THE SHORTLISTED TV AND I'M CONSTANTLY DELAYING MY PURCHASE BECAUSE OF FEAR OF BREAKDOWN OF NEW HDTV WITHIN FEW MONTHS/YEAR OF PURCHASE

Last edited:
right choice baby... bt u can also go for lcd ... if u have high out digital quality like hdmi compatible set top and pc den u should go for led otherwise lcd is best option because its cheap.

HI ,
Just don't worry about quality and waranty.GO FOR LG 32" LW57003DITS FOR 46K AT GIRIAS .IF U DONT WANT 3D GO FOR LG LED TV VERY GOOD OPTIONS .

Dear hifians,
I have gone through various threads of hifivsiion. I am constantly and eagerly in search of a tv(of budget 45k) to replace me 10 year old crt. I have shortlisted now
1.sony 32ex520
BUT, A REVIEW IN FLIPKART whose 46cx520 lcd has bust just after few months of purchase, so i very much reluctant to buy the sony led which i have shortlisted.
I am also skceptical to purchase plasma's since my parents will be using the tv all the time. I don't want to go to buy samsung led's since some of the reviews shown on the samsung india website reveal that they don't operate after the warranty period.(or even within the warranty period)
SO, KINDLY SUGGEST ME HIFIANS , WHICH TV SHALL I PURCHASE EVEN OUT OF THE SHORTLISTED TV AND I'M CONSTANTLY DELAYING MY PURCHASE BECAUSE OF FEAR OF BREAKDOWN OF NEW HDTV WITHIN FEW MONTHS/YEAR OF PURCHASE

If you have gone through this forum then why are you going for an LED?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Dear hifians,
1.sony 32ex520
Firstly pardon me if I sound rude. What do you mean by constantly in search of TV? Do you buy TV's often or planning to constantly search for new TV's?
And I'm also not sure why you are typing in upper case? It implies you are shouting?

With regards to buying Plasma is your concern the electricity bill since you mentioned your parents will watch it most of the times. I don't know which kind of sites did you check for review on Samsung TV's. Even I had a dilemna but based on feedback here and from my friends I bought Samsung D6000.

And when it comes to electronic goods there is no guaranty on any product even the most reputed brand can go bad and the not so popular one may last for long time. I have Samsung TV which I assume is branded and I was given one year warranty for that. I know there are lot of guys who would suggest Sony but it has limitations with the formats it support hence I went for samsung.

Also here in HIFI I find most of the people suggest Panasonic Plasma TV.

right choice baby... bt u can also go for lcd ... if u have high out digital quality like hdmi compatible set top and pc den u should go for led otherwise lcd is best option because its cheap.

Any specific reason why the OP needs to go for LCD over LED apart from price factor? I would prefer LED over LCD if given an option.

With regards to buying Plasma is your concern the electricity bill since you mentioned your parents will watch it most of the times. I don't know which kind of sites did you check for review on Samsung TV's. Even I had a dilemna but based on feedback here and from my friends I bought Samsung D6000.

When I bought Samsung Plasma PS43E470, I had a very similar concern. My initial thought process was that Plasma even if it consumes more electricity will be less than the CRT my parents are using.

That's slightly flawed thinking by me because we tend to upscale on our size of TV when we move from CRT to flat screen and that off sets any power consumption we potentially save. Therefore I think now that my old CRT and new Plasma would approximately cost me the same electricity bills more or less.

I also visited Samsung website which listed the average consumption of PS43E470 @ 118 watts which is very good for Plasmas. I had read in the past that they consumed significantly more but I think the new TVs coming out are getting more energy efficient.

I then compared it with the average consumption of similarly sized LED TVs which I peg to be around a 100W.

In summary I felt that extra 20W (on pure approximation) is a decent trade off to buy a significantly cheaper TV (by 20K minimum) and with better color contrast as bonus.

When I bought Samsung Plasma PS43E470, I had a very similar concern. My initial thought process was that Plasma even if it consumes more electricity will be less than the CRT my parents are using.

That's slightly flawed thinking by me because we tend to upscale on our size of TV when we move from CRT to flat screen and that off sets any power consumption we potentially save. Therefore I think now that my old CRT and new Plasma would approximately cost me the same electricity bills more or less.

I also visited Samsung website which listed the average consumption of PS43E470 @ 118 watts which is very good for Plasmas. I had read in the past that they consumed significantly more but I think the new TVs coming out are getting more energy efficient.

I then compared it with the average consumption of similarly sized LED TVs which I peg to be around a 100W.

In summary I felt that extra 20W (on pure approximation) is a decent trade off to buy a significantly cheaper TV (by 20K minimum) and with better color contrast as bonus.
If I'm not mistaken I was also told that for Plasma TV it's better if we don't have too much of light in the room where the TV is kept? Wouldn't that be a factor as well. That was also one of the reason why had to opt for LED over Plasma.

If I'm not mistaken I was also told that for Plasma TV it's better if we don't have too much of light in the room where the TV is kept? Wouldn't that be a factor as well. That was also one of the reason why had to opt for LED over Plasma.

Yes, its an important factor to consider. I was only responding to the electricity cost factor that you mentioned a couple of posts earlier and my own thought process behind it.

Panasonic 2012 model again reduce power consumption by another 30%. Panasonic 2012 X series of 42 inch size tv consume 95W (On average) and 150W (max).

Go for SONY ** EX 720. You will not regret. Fantastic TV. I am using since it is launch. EX 720 is SONY's best selling model.

Panasonic 2012 model again reduce power consumption by another 30%. Panasonic 2012 X series of 42 inch size tv consume 95W (On average) and 150W (max).

does it mean that lowering the power consumption reduces performance of the product..?? bcoz same is the case with samsung 2012 plasma also.

A true videophile will seldom or perhaps never suggest LCD/LED over Plasma. I understand there is some discussion over power consumption but if it's ultimate picture quality that matters the most, then keeping the price vs performance angle in mind you can't beat a PLASMA!!!

If its budget entry level then you have the Samsung 2012 plasma line up, if its top of the line plasma tv's you want wait for Panasonic 2012 50 series...........you will not be disappointed.

A true videophile will seldom or perhaps never suggest LCD/LED over Plasma. I understand there is some discussion over power consumption but if it's ultimate picture quality that matters the most, then keeping the price vs performance angle in mind you can't beat a PLASMA!!!

There are lots and lots and lots of videophiles who own a lcd/led and recommend them over plasma.

A plasma doesn't mean it superior in every way,it still has cons.And not all plasma have the same performance.

There are lots and lots and lots of videophiles who own a lcd/led and recommend them over plasma.

A plasma doesn't mean it superior in every way,it still has cons.And not all plasma have the same performance.

I disagree.......but there there are enough threads on plasma vs lcd on the forum and given the same price, there are very few LED/LCD tv's that can match a plasma in terms of colour accuracy, black levels, viewing angles, etc. Yes I do agree not all plasmas have the same performance just as not all LED/LCD tv's enjoy the same performance.

I disagree.......but there there are enough threads on plasma vs lcd on the forum and given the same price, there are very few LED/LCD tv's that can match a plasma in terms of colour accuracy, black levels, viewing angles, etc. Yes I do agree not all plasmas have the same performance just as not all LED/LCD tv's enjoy the same performance.

I have to disagree with you,if you have read those enough threads about lcd vs plasma i am in 90% of those threads.
The lcd vs plasma threads has no closure,its still an ongoing debate in every forums.

While plasma still have the edge in some areas mainly viewing angle which won't matter for everyone unless they are unfortunate to view a tv at those extreme off angles,IPS based lcd tvs have wide viewing angles with only contrast shift and no color shift and tech used in HX92 series has neither,SPVA offers more then enough viewing angle for a couch of 3 people.

Color accuracy in lcd are more then a match for plasma what do you think the pros use a when adding CGI in movies/animation ,photoshop etc its a lcd monitor or trimastar pro monitor.
Infact a plasma produces color by dithering.

As far as Black level sure in pixel level the panasonic FHD plasma have the edge,but that edge can only be seen in a dark environment.
In day time or living room with significant ambient light the lcd still has the edge in contrast.
In the night time the VA based lcds can match or even surpass the samsung/lg plasmas,while the panasonic FHD plasma still have that edge,but then again you have local dimming lcd to challenge the panasonic VT plasmas.

Widely accepted by many pro review sites as the best tv is still a lcd the sharp elite apart from viewing angle its has the edge in pretty much every area.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back