Which Washing powder/liquid detergent do you use with Top Loading Washing machine

andy78

Ok guys wanted to check from people who use Top Loading Washing machine which washing powder/detergent Liquid do you use?

I have tried both liquid and the powder variety not too happy with the results.
Also what is the purpose of the liquid which we get separately called Softener?

Any suggestions on this would be great!

We use either Ariel or Surf Excel Blue at home for our top loading semi-auto LG machine. Fair results.

Water quality is important. Hardness must be less than 500 (forget the units) and TDS (total dissolved solids) should be less than 1000 (again, forgetting the units).

Softner would significantly take care of the water hardness, but can do nothing if the TDS is high. Then, only DM (de-mineralized) water or RO (reverse osmosis) water is effective. Sad luck then, since only manufacturing units can afford those. Lesser TDS water (between 500 and 1000) can somewhat be taken care of by de-alkalizers.

Water is also sometimes contaminated by Iron compounds. Leads to 'reddishness' on clothes. Iron filters are readily available, though.

Water quality is important. Hardness must be less than 500 (forget the units) and TDS (total dissolved solids) should be less than 1000 (again, forgetting the units).

Water is also sometimes contaminated by Iron compounds. Leads to 'reddishness' on clothes. Iron filters are readily available, though.

generally water supplied by municipal corporation take care of hardness and iron level. If anyone using borewell water then TDS & Iron level can be high for that chemicals are coming which has to be added during washing.

Unit of all parameters is ppm as CaCO3.

I use Henkomatic for my front loading washing machine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1) Try changing washing machine cable by OFC cables and hospital grade plug.
2) Upgrade motor ,try using speciality motors with silver claddoing
3) Remember water pipes are directional - ie water flow from tap to washing machine
4) Try balancing the washing machine by sprit level or laser beam
5) Re - cap your washing machine
6) Try to change some transitors by valves..

Hemant,
You forgot a few mate:
Use spikes instead of Castor Wheels (3 Spikes work better than 4)
Use diluted isopropyl alcohol instead of detergents
Dampen the lid, they are usually flimsy and cause unwanted resonances
Upgrade bearings on the motor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and don't forget the power cord. Otherwise the motor will not have smooth rotation, causing the clothes to have very subtle stains/uneven cleaned clothes which only a true audiophile can see. Also, the power cords are shown to have some coloration.

Toe in is critical too:lol:

Read this yesterday: you know you are an audiophile when you get thrown out of a concert for trying to toe in the musicians on the stage.

On a serious note... Washing machines need low foaming detergents. Use the matic variant of any good brand like surf excel matic etc. secondly the detergent is made up various builders like alkali, zeolites, phosphates etc.to take care hardness and Ph issues with water supply. So general public does not have to worry about softening and filtering. however, performance of any detergent well differ from location to location based water quality.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

I thought this was a serious question.. not a joke thread :)

Anyway Tide is something that we are using and it is better than all the top brands. If you can use hot water, it really cleans it white.

I am using Ariel & Tide for LG Top loading fully automatic machine and the result is ok not very good :indifferent14:

Guys one of the main thing which I didn't mention in detail was is there a difference between using the liquid variant as compared to the powder.
I used the liquid ones like Genteel quite often till they discontinued the product and used one of the Amway product. Initially I had used powder and then after reading some articles which suggested to use liquid detergent as compared to solid I had switched to liquid but now back to Powder variant again.

So your inputs on does it matter if liquid or powder and do we need separate softener?

The best one I used so far is the one sold by Amway. Cost effective as well as convenient 10-15 Ml for 3-5 kg cloths. But a single brand is not always good. Changing the brands in every 3 months is advised from personal experience.

wow, cant believe this is already in the second page...

sorry, wanted to contribute to this thread, but dont know what detergent my wife uses:lol:

wow, cant believe this is already in the second page...

sorry, wanted to contribute to this thread, but dont know what detergent my wife uses:lol:

Lucky man. Poor souls who are washing "dirty linen" needs to know all these :sad:

:yahoo:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back