Why are you targetting us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I am in a soup, I would look at the community for help. Some may not be able to imagine how difficult and important it is to find a house that suits the family, more complex because of the little kid. Balconies should have high boundaries, neighborhood should be clean, good park should be reachable, without going through fast traffic. Definitely much more important than selecting an "eyewear".
I know there may be other forums but the level of trust that got built over this forum would not be there on other forums.

Well,can we have a section to discuss some important topic other than AV with HFV friends which has either time limit OR after few days of no posting at all can be deleted?

Happy Friendship Day.....

Last edited:
Re: Please welcome the newest member to my analog family...Hello Koetsu Black!

that's malvai's idea, I just implemented it.

Sorry I should not comment for this while this is HOT. Hi anm!!! This is only an appreciation..:cool:

Do you put room and think for this kind of ideas.. Brilliant..

I have to appreciate a list of few members who frequently have ideas like this.:) unleashme, gobble

And yes he either needs to grow up or (as Munna Bhai says) 'Get well soon'.

Last edited:
Malvai, anm.... If it looks like that your thread is been targetted directly by mod, kindly discuss over pm with him.. This kind of open critic will make junior members encourage to blast everybody in open.. However i am having in my mind this is an open forum and your views are welcome""" still you are one of the very senior knowledgeable member".:clapping: so your words are followed by all closely.

We encourage you to take "Moderator" Position and we heartly support as one of our senior knowledgeable member.:clapping:

Execuse me if am wrong.:)

Nicely put. +1 to that

When I am in a soup, I would look at the community for help. Some may not be able to imagine how difficult and important it is to find a house that suits the family, more complex because of the little kid. Balconies should have high boundaries, neighborhood should be clean, good park should be reachable, without going through fast traffic. Definitely much more important than selecting an "eyewear".
I know there may be other forums but the level of trust that got built over this forum would not be there on other forums.

Anm, never saw your thread of looking for house and never know that it got locked. Sorry for that..

+ 1 to above. I think there is no need to delete or lock the thread if we ask help from the community( dont we think this hifi is an community).. However there is plenty of information availble in the net for immediate instance, however we dont know how recent it may be got updated....for which active members can help from their neighbourhood... Dont we helped in eyewear and watches too with our latest purchase.

I have taken help here to get hotel to stay in thrissur, like that taking an help to finding an house which will suit our HT taste is also welcome...We are not thinking 24hours about music and movies and contribute in that area and we should be allowed to take help and write in all areas.

Regards

Last edited:
Dear Venkat,
overall i have always seen you as a fair, gentle soul. But at times i have had experiences where it seems you take biased action.
Think of it from mine and anm's shoes. . .
You never edited anyone's else's post before mine, nor did you issue any communique to the forum about not quoting with the pictures intact. If you were me, how would you feel?
Second, in anm's case, why is his thread the only non-hifi related thread to be closed? What about the ridiculous mousetrap thread? Or sunglasses, or whatnot?

My grouse with you is that you do not realise how demotivating these kinds of actions are. It makes many people recede into the background. In fact, I am speaking out because I KNOW that some people have receded into the background. For a long while I did too.

If you notice, I am just not as active as I used to be.

Brother, i'd assume that as a moderatior you'd use the power to facilitate more interation and not lock people's self expression down.

If you were to close all non-hifi threads, you'll send out the right message. But if you pick on only one neither are you sending out ANY message at all, nor are you motivating participation. YOU SIMPLY singling out people and killing their enthusiasm.

I assume you are a matured man. And take what I have to say in the right spirit.

Dear Venkat,
overall i have always seen you as a fair, gentle soul. But at times i have had experiences where it seems you take biased action.
Think of it from mine and anm's shoes. . .
You never edited anyone's else's post before mine, nor did you issue any communique to the forum about not quoting with the pictures intact. If you were me, how would you feel?
Second, in anm's case, why is his thread the only non-hifi related thread to be closed? What about the ridiculous mousetrap thread? Or sunglasses, or whatnot?

My grouse with you is that you do not realise how demotivating these kinds of actions are. It makes many people recede into the background. In fact, I am speaking out because I KNOW that some people have receded into the background. For a long while I did too.

If you notice, I am just not as active as I used to be.

Brother, i'd assume that as a moderatior you'd use the power to facilitate more interation and not lock people's self expression down.

If you were to close all non-hifi threads, you'll send out the right message. But if you pick on only one neither are you sending out ANY message at all, nor are you motivating participation. YOU SIMPLY singling out people and killing their enthusiasm.

I assume you are a matured man. And take what I have to say in the right spirit.

Music is like religion, left to experience to the self and not a collective communal affair. They all border on three attributes - faith, madness and fury. When you practice religion in real faith, you tend to enjoy it, contribute socially and find peace. The moment the thin line bordering madness is crossed, you start believing blindly, no rationality or logic, reasons are shoved back to the back of your mind. Remember people getting killed in stampedes in temples? You step further, cross the border to fury, that is where fundmentalism starts. Now you believe you know everything, you are the ultimate, the rest are all idiots, and you start diverting your energy to make others obey you, ultimately leading to violence.

Unfortunately, we guys well known for sycophancy tend to lead things in the wrong way. A knowledgeable and reasonable person becomes a moderator, then starts crossing the above lines trespassing into dangerous areas and the net result is what we read here. Let us not forget that every individual in this hobby has his or her experiences and findings but should not cloud others' judgments. I think madbullram is still keeping the role of a moderator as how it should be, if not always, most of the time.

Sometimes imaginations stretch too far like a thread I read where some speaker has been glorified just because AR Rehman recommends it!!! I believe AR Rehman is a good musician and composer but unless proven, it is difficult to accept his credentials as a good judge of music reproduction systems.

So, give everyone a chance to express opinions and learn for this forum to thrive. Othewise, as several have mentioned, some may get frustrated and back out.

Last, let none of us pretend that we know everything. The truth is we know very little.

Just my 2 cents, and bye.
murali

Unfortunately, we guys well known for sycophancy tend to lead things in the wrong way. A knowledgeable and reasonable person becomes a moderator, then starts crossing the above lines trespassing into dangerous areas and the net result is what we read here. Let us not forget that every individual in this hobby has his or her experiences and findings but should not cloud others' judgments. I think madbullram is still keeping the role of a moderator as how it should be, if not always, most of the time.

So, give everyone a chance to express opinions and learn for this forum to thrive. Othewise, as several have mentioned, some may get frustrated and back out.

Last, let none of us pretend that we know everything. The truth is we know very little.

Just my 2 cents, and bye.
murali

Spot on murali... that is precisely why I reacted...
I'd add to that as well.... even if i feel that X speaker is the be all and end all, it means zilch... because, like I said, one man's meat is another's poison.

Or for that matter do all Chinese products suck????

I believe one of our members is using a Pure Class A 'made in China' power amp. I think its Jaibir from Mumbai.... he is happy with it. So, should we genralise and discourage him?

I have been reading a lot of stuff lately that is plain unfair...

What I resent most of all is selective moderation.

Its okay to discuss mousetraps, or to discuss good hotels, but not ok to ask for help/ recommendation for a home (especially when it is a critical situation for the OP).

Wow!

Some of the things that go down here in the name of 'moderation' is plain unfair.

I personally don't have a problem with Venkat. But, I really do feel that we either takes some preassure off him and add more moderators to clean the mess up or / in addition get into a huddle, discuss the direction this forum has to take and then put up a thread that clearly outlines what kind of posts are acceptable and which are not.

I personally feel non-hifi topics should be removed. But then, this should be advocated all across.

Or for that matter do all Chinese products suck????

I believe one of our members is using a Pure Class A 'made in China' power amp. I think its Jaibir from Mumbai.... he is happy with it. So, should we genralise and discourage him?

Just a clarification here, please. I had also mentioned about Kimber cables better than Chinese manufactured ones. Let me confirm here that I have nothing against Chinese designed and manufactured products as long as they are good. But I keep away from those manufactured there just for the sake of cost cutting. The classic examples are all those British and other European products claimed to be designed and controlled from UK but manufactured in China. There are some in USA too, like Parasound. But to me, at least some US companies still survive by doing everything there only just because of their devotion to good sound no matter what they cost. There are other classic examples like Marantz, Denon etc who once a upon a time were audiophile brands but later compromised with Chinese ownership and mass market stuffs.

murali

Murali,
I think you have me all wrong.... I am not arguing against your POV.

I personally avoid buying Made In China stuff... non of my equipment (barring the ROTEL CDP) is made in China.

All i was trying to get at is:
all of need to moderate our POV from time to time. We ca communicate the same things without genralising... I have a friend who actually likes the sound of his chinese DAC speaker cables over the legendary XLO ULTRA 6! So, if that works for him... it works!

Last edited:
I would say close ALL non hifi threads.Period.General chitchat is nice as it leads to plenty of good humour a'la' suri/gobble and others,but is also a window through which a lot of irrelevant stuff enters the forum.If the irrelevant stuff cannot be controlled then it is better to close the chitchat option......

I would say close ALL non hifi threads.Period.General chitchat is nice as it leads to plenty of good humour a'la' suri/gobble and others,but is also a window through which a lot of irrelevant stuff enters the forum.If the irrelevant stuff cannot be controlled then it is better to close the chitchat option......

Again, one's man's meat... A lot of general chitchat threads are useful or just plain fun since lots of people here have formed closer ties off forum. If one doens't like a thread there's always free will and the log out button or other threads to check out. I frequently ignore threads that are of no interest to me. Why call for a blanket closing of such threads? Irrelevant posts on a thread should be controlled, that's a much better solution. Then again, threads once started have a life of their own and go places no one could possibly forsee which is what makes some of them so interesting!

Just a counterpoint to your opinion ajay :)

Regards

Again, one's man's meat... A lot of general chitchat threads are useful or just plain fun since lots of people here have formed closer ties off forum. If one doens't like a thread there's always free will and the log out button or other threads to check out. I frequently ignore threads that are of no interest to me. Why call for a blanket closing of such threads? Irrelevant posts on a thread should be controlled, that's a much better solution. Then again, threads once started have a life of their own and go places no one could possibly forsee which is what makes some of them so interesting!

Just a counterpoint to your opinion ajay :)

Regards
Yeah! I agree many chitchat threads take a life of their own and add to the flavor and brotherhood on the forum.So maybe not a blanket ban.I too have frequently posted on some and enjoyed the chitchat.BUT I did ignore the mousetrap thread completely.The mods surely have a tough task but THIS AND SIMILAR threads should have been stopped on Day 1.

Reactions: anm
Was late to follow the thread

Whatever little I know about hi-fi is through this forum only. And forum means members and members only . And I have so many friends through this forum. We should not do something that could dishearten or could result an exit of a member.

What ultimately ties us is a personal passion to listen music. No war or fight to be won.

I also support non hifi threads ( with required regulation ) because that gives enjoyment / information / help in need to a group of people who are ultimately friends with common passion and could be trusted upon.

Thanks

Pratim

Reactions: anm
Moderator::::: Can you please close this thread.....I think the point has been clarified by the relevant parties and Venkat you should now close the thread......No point on adding more posts to this one.....

Dear Panditji, can the injured parties decide whether this thread has to be closed or not? It would be nice on your part to let the people concerned settle it.

Because:
1. while what Venkatji has answered some questions, it still does not resolve why he has not closed the other non-hifi threads as well.
2. Some of us would like to understand how the mods decide which threads to close and which to not close. At the moment it seems quite ad hoc.

Actually we also need to decide whether we are / want to be a helping community or just another av site? I should spend more time on better forums out there in the other case. In fact, lot of my time is already going to head-fi.
The way it is currently being handled reminds me of xtreamer forum. Mods are Gods!

Dear Panditji, can the injured parties decide whether this thread has to be closed or not? It would be nice on your part to let the people concerned settle it.

Because:
1. while what Venkatji has answered some questions, it still does not resolve why he has not closed the other non-hifi threads as well.
2. Some of us would like to understand how the mods decide which threads to close and which to not close. At the moment it seems quite ad hoc.
Dear Malvai,

1. Good to know that you agree that Mr. Venkatji has answered some of your questions . I guess that should resolve your disagreements.
Please don't escalate this taking it is a personal attack on your good-self by Mr, Venkatji.
Agreed you are hurt ,if that be so I am sure Mr. Venkatji will surely address it.

Also Mr. Venkatji need not be the only one to delete threads. I am sure there are other mods to do it also. So he need not be " Picked " upon specifically.

2. Most members visit this site through the day.
Though we don't even have a face to the other member a bond is generated with him on reading posts and replying
Due to this familiarity, bonding and TRUST we seek assistance on non AV related stuff.
There are enough networking sites for help to seek on other needs.
End of the Mr. Malvai please remember that this forum is specifically for AV and related stuff and we come to it day on day only for this.

Also an online forum has no geographical boundaries .Don't expose your immaturity by bring North / South divide
P.S. I DON'T KNOW Mr. VENKATji PERSONALLY. MY TOTAL INTERACTION WITH HIM OFF THE FORUM IN A MEET WAS ONLY FOR 10 MINUTES OR LESS.
So I am not defending him but only putting some views on the table.

Dear Malvai,
There are enough networking sites for help to seek on other needs.
End of the Mr. Malvai please remember that this forum is specifically for AV and related stuff and we come to it day on day only for this.

Also an online forum has no geographical boundaries .Don't expose your immaturity by bring North / South divide
P.S. I DON'T KNOW Mr. VENKATji PERSONALLY. MY TOTAL INTERACTION WITH HIM OFF THE FORUM IN A MEET WAS ONLY FOR 10 MINUTES OR LESS.
So I am not defending him but only putting some views on the table.

Brother, please read through my posts carefully.
I am NOT really standing up for having non a/v or hifi related posts. In fact I have clearly expressed that since this is a hifi forum we should have only hifi related posts.

However, what I have reacted to is the fact that only one non-hifi related post has been targetted by shri venkatji. while a whole lot of other ridiculous posts have been allowed to flourish... for eg: Mousetraps...

I am only asking him to stop picking on certain people.

Secondly, I have not mentioned about ANY north and south divide. I have only said that "it seems like he is partial to North Indians" as that is what is being seen increasingly.

Thirdly, in my own case, I have asked him as to why he decided to single out only my post for a trivial thing...

Fourthly, I have nothing against him either. I am just surprised by what he has been doing off late. I do not think any of what I have written is unreasonable. But, some of what has happend is a tad questionable.

And MODS are not GODS. When they make mistakes or err, I think it is upto us to bring it to their notice. I am simply doing that. I am not his enemy, but just a hurt acquaintance.

Last edited:
Re: Please welcome the newest member to my analog family...Hello Koetsu Black!

I agree man, i have been ignoring it too... But it seems that this guy is just plain partial to North Indians....

And yes he either needs to grow up or (as Munna Bhai says) 'Get well soon'.

Count me in as well in this debate ..... If you read my posts ....there are quite a couple occations where I have said the exact same thing that it looks like he is biased and picking up on me ........

I have not read the entire thread so I would not comment more ..... but I will read it later at night and pore some more thoughts in to it .........

Regards
Sammy

Hey Venky

I don't know, i should interrupt or not...
But, i would like to make a few suggestions (Sorry i didnt read all the posts in this thread, maybe some others also must have suggested the same, but here are my points)...

1). I have been observing a lot of Nonsense threads, by a few so called (over confident and bullshitters) members, and that too on the totally off the topic threads... I will suggest blocking any of this kind of practise... HiFiVision is growing and is the only Indian HiFi AV Forum, so as the famous dialogue says, "With Great Powers comes Great Responsibilities", change the Powers to Popularity / Members... So, with increasing members there will be many Junkies also logging in, and you will have to take some more initiative to pull there freedom...

2). As suggested to Anil, there needs to be people to watch over every section of threads... so that the actual help seekers get what they want, and the other off topic posts can be shifted to a different section, completely...This will reduce your headache and will do justice to members...

3). There are a few members, who try to be oversmart in there knowledge and support, but, there are a few cases, i have come across (over tele. discussions), where these so called oversmart guyz, suggest big, and then pull out...i am straight away talking about commercial activites...so now as HiFiVision has most of the Dealers / Distributors / Brands details and registered members from Companies, the members should be directed to them, for Pricing, Service, Availability, Installation, etc... so that the justification is done to all the help seekers...

I know, in above of my suggestions, there will be a lot of conflicts.. but i think that will help most of the members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back