Why are you targetting us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, thanks to MadBull for cooling things down. I know I have been first many times, in my school exams, in landing first job in my engineering batch etc - but it was not a happy moment to be the first to be targeted in closing a thread. But I think (sh)it happens.

@venkat - you leave the thread if there are responses. How much time do you typically wait before deciding there are no responses? Obviously any new thread will have 0 responses for some time.

I've seen some commercial members utter uncouth statements blatantly disregarding all civil norms as they are probably given a long rope by the mods just because they lend some financial support. I take this opportunity to condemn this state of affairs.

Reactions: anm
There comes a point in the life of most busy forums where they just have to add another rule --- that, in no instance, will discussion of moderating decisions be tolerated, and anyone who wishes to question something must do it by PM.

Does it sound unreasonable? In sheer practical terms it is not. It just takes too much of moderators' time and attention to attend to threads like this. However, what must be in place, for that to happen, is a system in which people are always clearly informed of the reasons for moderator action. Sometimes a note (eg removed unnecessary quote, or whatever) can be appropriate, sometimes a private message is, but the communication must be there.

Just a couple of thoughts for the future...

Do we really need a chit chat corner, as a part of this website...???

Do we really need to discuss on Hotels, Mobiles, and all...???

Yes, we can have a Service Sub Section in each Main Section...

Absolutely what I was thinking!!!!! All we really need are detailed google/direction maps to distributors along with bus numbers, timings and routes. And a dedicated weather girl to tell us the best day and time to visit.

Edit: I LOVE the name of your company. :) Cheers!

should it be a full service section? ;)

Do we really need a chit chat corner, as a part of this website...???

Do we really need to discuss on Hotels, Mobiles, and all...???

Yes, we can have a Service Sub Section in each Main Section...

Last edited:
agreed. Assuming the issues raised are resolved, this should be fine. Those who don't like it are welcome to leave.

There comes a point in the life of most busy forums where they just have to add another rule --- that, in no instance, will discussion of moderating decisions be tolerated, and anyone who wishes to question something must do it by PM.

Does it sound unreasonable? In sheer practical terms it is not. It just takes too much of moderators' time and attention to attend to threads like this. However, what must be in place, for that to happen, is a system in which people are always clearly informed of the reasons for moderator action. Sometimes a note (eg removed unnecessary quote, or whatever) can be appropriate, sometimes a private message is, but the communication must be there.

Just a couple of thoughts for the future...

and also a sticky section on each main section on what users have to buy if they read anything on this forum. And at no discount.
And during registration a hidden clause that they should buy these only from the dealers endorsed by this site. If they buy anything else from anywhere else, their goods shall be impounded and they shall be jailed for life or two.

Absolutely what I was thinking!!!!! All we really need are detailed google/direction maps to distributors along with bus numbers, timings and routes. And a dedicated weather girl to tell us the best day and time to visit.

Hey StevieBoy

What Chit Chat Section has to do with Distributors...???

Do you guyz just need to pull my leg everytime and anytime without any reason or what...???

I am talking about posts non-related to AV like buying a house, renting a hotel, etc...

Where does commercial comes in here.. Or do you suggest converting HiFiVision into a Open Forum for all the xyz products...

and also a sticky section on each main section on what users have to buy if they read anything on this forum. And at no discount.
And during registration a hidden clause that they should buy these only from the dealers endorsed by this site. If they buy anything else from anywhere else, their goods shall be impounded and they shall be jailed for life or two.

Buddy,

Just one quick question : Have you or anyone close (in family) owns a business...??? Specially into Distribution of any type of Hardware...???

Can you guyz just answer one simple question without getting exaggerated or over excited or whatever...
Why do you guyz think getting just a product at Rs.1000 margin is better, than getting a product with proper installation and service and backup by paying extra Rs.1000-2000...???
Many on this forum maybe quite technical, and are well verse with the product and installation...but what about the person who has stepped newly into the industry...
Today you guyz blame or abuse an xyz dealer, as he is not getting service, but how do you expect a dealer to provide you the product by earning Rs.1000 and going around servicing the customer day and night...in a place like Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore, one time travel takes 3-4hrs minimum and atleast Rs.200 of expense...
Yes, i agree there are few dealers, who charge exorbitantly and dont even respond the calls once there is an issue... but still there are many who do provide service...standby products...and moreover respond to customer problems...

There is always 2 sides of the case...

Buddy, i agree as per the delhi market, and as per delhi service, you have this kind of feeling, but please get out of the place, and look towards other places also, there are people who service, educate and satisfy there customers with Price, product and after sales service...

And, today i dont think anything sells at MRP, even we offer discount, around 5-8%, but make sure that we keep enough, so that we dont have to ignore any service issue...

Maybe thats the reason why are customers are satisfied with our product and services...

Hey StevieBoy

What Chit Chat Section has to do with Distributors...???

Do you guyz just need to pull my leg everytime and anytime without any reason or what...???

I am talking about posts non-related to AV like buying a house, renting a hotel, etc...

Where does commercial comes in here.. Or do you suggest converting HiFiVision into a Open Forum for all the xyz products...

Esteemed Mridul,

I congratulate you on your perspicacity. You have given the precise answer I was hoping you'd come to realize eventually but which you have arrived at extremely pronto, which is - Chit Chat and Distributors have nothing to do with each other. Hence you concentrate on your business and let us chit chat.

;)

Yours faithfully
On behalf of Messrs Steven,
Sr Vp, Grand Panjandrum & Head,
Leg Pulling Department

Thought I'd make a positive suggestion for mridul to integrate himself and market himself positively on this site, but then why give away good advice for free? If you want some good advice and I'd charge you professionally for it, let me know. I'm serious.

Last edited:
@anm
@stevieboy
OMG you guys are true messiahs to shoo away the obnoxious members that have crept into the forum. :clapping:

Last edited:
@theKinge, I think your post also incorrectly mentions anm somewhere for this quote. Please correct that if you can.

anm, apologies for misquoting you. Now that the dust is well & truly settled, am all the more happy for the positive ending to this thread:)

But, how will you term people who PM the new guyz looking for a system, quote them a good price, supply them products (1 New, 2 Demo & 1 Used and Re-Packed)...out of 4 cases i have come across...and then supply local cables promising good quality, connect the system but doesnt calibrate, and doesnt care to respond to the calls once there so called job is done...
And my friend these 4 cases were not from dealers, they were from individual forum members, who acted to be very helpful, but end up bullshitting the members...

If what you are saying is indeed true, then it warrants action. Do you have evidence of those four cases? Can affected members vouch for what you are saying?

Originally Posted by mridulgoel
"But, how will you term people who PM the new guyz looking for a system, quote them a good price, supply them products (1 New, 2 Demo & 1 Used and Re-Packed)...out of 4 cases i have come across...and then supply local cables promising good quality, connect the system but doesnt calibrate, and doesnt care to respond to the calls once there so called job is done...
And my friend these 4 cases were not from dealers, they were from individual forum members, who acted to be very helpful, but end up bullshitting the members..."

Such 'examples' should be backed up by actual proof and details.Otherwise should not be posted.

Last edited:
Dinyaar

You are invited to report my posts...
Make that as my pleasure...

But, i will be happier if you try and understand what my points are...
I have not make any of my comments based on any 2-3 people internal conflicts...
What i posted was my observation...
Being in this industry from past 7yrs now, and being a part of this forum, for more than 2.5yrs now, i just made my suggestions, keeping in mind, not to point anyone particular...
But, if you think, that last of my post, stating the reason of my third point, doesnt make any sense... then yes, you guyz can get blocked, or do what ever you want to, i wont mind...

Because i cant support those kind of members at all...

And moreover i will not be even interested in sharing there names openly, maybe i will do that with Venkat or Anil, sometime...

So request you to think it over, and read my original post once more...

To start off its good that the air has been cleared and the injured parties have been given explanations by the moderators. So we all move on and there seems no need to add anything more on this thread.

Mridul I have nothing against u or any other dealer/distributor. If u say that there are some members who are leading people the wrong way or leaving people 'mid way', all I can say is that there are a few rotten apples everywhere.
I just want to also point out to you the amount of times the dealer misleads the AV enthusiast. This happens all too often and tons of guys are sold what they dont need, at higher than reasonable rates and often left in the lurch when things go wrong. Please lets not bullshit anyone or insult anyones grey matter by saying ' we are here to help people rather than gain financially'. There are no free lunches as we all know and none of us even expect that.

I have no desire to report your posts or request the mods to block or whatever u are implying but for a commercail member to make general statements (without any proof) about members bull shitting is taking things a bit far. Maybe better choice of words with some proof would be easier to swallow.

Rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back