Why in India Customised audio systems are not popular

Kana711104

Hi diy guys,
Its my concern that why in india customised audio systems are not popular . Is it for lack of expertise or lack of high quality material or lack of intetest or lack of faithfullness.
I have been designing amps and consulting over 20 years and it has been a battle with brand and faith. But these days portable china made cheap system has changed the taste o people most, expecting boom boom and chik chik every where.very less demand for clear audio.
Can't forget those days when a valve amplifier satisfied ( till now ) us , or a stereo designs satisfied us. Every where in the net is cheap china made class D amp . Some are good some are worse.
No chance for audio adventures.

???????

" boom boom and chik chik "
Yesterday a person called for a customised system, he mentioned this. Like wise I discover that he demands 100hz to 500 hz boost and 8khz to 10 khz boost and attenuation of 800 hz to 4 khz ( technically) .
I wonder that many of people asking for this type of sound and forget the magic of flat response music.
I really concerned I am.

" boom boom and chik chik "
Yesterday a person called for a customised system, he mentioned this. Like wise I discover that he demands 100hz to 500 hz boost and 8khz to 10 khz boost and attenuation of 800 hz to 4 khz ( technically) .
I wonder that many of people asking for this type of sound and forget the magic of flat response music.
I really concerned I am.

Ohk so according to you boom boom is bass boost and chik chik is painful highs lol

There are more important things to be concerned about now than boom boom and chik chik:)
that's why I asked OP for specific meaning. The only time I saw these terms was on this yt vid. English is a dangerous language! ;)

Last edited:
I wasn’t referring to u seandsilva. I was referring to OP comment that he’s concerned about people wanting boom boom and chik chik and not flat frequency

What is a customised audio system. Do you mean diy? If i was in market why would i buy a diy system, after all diy means do it yourself, i would rather build if i had the knowledge. If i dont have the knowledge then again i wont do diy or prefer diy.

What is a customised audio system. Do you mean diy? If i was in market why would i buy a diy system, after all diy means do it yourself, i would rather build if i had the knowledge. If i dont have the knowledge then again i wont do diy or prefer diy.
I guess he is referring to those who are not wanting a branded system, rather want a system built by him to their tastes.

MaSh

I guess he is referring to those who are not wanting a branded system, rather want a system built by him to their tastes.

MaSh

ok in that case the person buying should know what they want, I guess many persons like me don’t know exactly what are they going to like, so less interest maybe.

Its pretty difficult to pick audio components without a demo. For branded products, there are atleast reviews one can look at if demo isnt possible. For a full custom system, its a shot in the dark and high risk. The risk would be made worse by relatively poor resale.

Customised audio system I refer as a system in my wish list, like I like this or that type of sound or these facilitues I do like. Branded amps are the best at its reliability and audio but lacks personal prefferences. Like " I want a DAC fully controllable by touch system or my smart phone , being digital I do prefer a worm sound but not overlt exposed bass or I want a voice priority amps with this or that type of ports." I think these choices all we have in our mind. That is why we are here to find out best suited audio for us. Some are dissatisfied , some are overly satisfied and some are still finding for the best.

Where is the point ?

Its pretty difficult to pick audio components without a demo. For branded products, there are atleast reviews one can look at if demo isnt possible. For a full custom system, its a shot in the dark and high risk. The risk would be made worse by relatively poor resale.
Very good point.

Which country is Customized music systems popular ? from what i understand, when people want their music to sound exactly how they waht it, they get one with a built in equalizer. Anyway most folks dont want a complicated separates based system.

You are right @Hiten
So poor music are coming these days and shops are closing due to interest drop is huge feom high quality audio.
Yes. I would say we are in minority. Last music shop closed I think was Rhythm House, Mumbai. I would like to have diy amp/speakers proven by measurements. Another point is DIY can also be expensive and sometimes may cost more than branded stuff.
For ex. Tube amps. Now if we are doing DIY we would probably want high quality Output transformer which is expensive. add to that shipping charges. If we want SS amp we would prefer high quality parts. (Atleast in some area) that again increases total cost. Who would not like their DIY amp to be in nice. sleek enclosure with nice speaker terminals etc. so more expenses. So sometimes some people prefer branded amps with company provided measurements and as said earlier when upgrading selling branded amps loss is less.
Regards

Coming to that point same as the things "used systems" or "china systems " but not customised. Why people sell their system when they are satisfied.
I have not seen any diy builder or customised system holder selling their system.

Dissatisfactions happens.

Which country is Customized music systems popular ? from what i understand, when people want their music to sound exactly how they waht it, they get one with a built in equalizer. Anyway most folks dont want a complicated separates based system.

agree, also room is more than half the sound and even if one knows what sound he wants, one cannot be sure that he is going to get that exact sound by modifying his room, or by changing speakers or by changing amps or using some eq, Trying is the key only. tweaks to the room can benefit most imo. So if one is really inclined to getting exact sound he likes he moves towards doing some real diy or or do a lots of research and trial himself , its not possible to expect someone else to build a system fully tailored for someone else. On the other hand, if he is not so particular about what he wants he moves towards standard brands.

Customised audio system I refer as a system in my wish list, like I like this or that type of sound or these facilitues I do like. Branded amps are the best at its reliability and audio but lacks personal prefferences. Like " I want a DAC fully controllable by touch system or my smart phone , being digital I do prefer a worm sound but not overlt exposed bass or I want a voice priority amps with this or that type of ports." I think these choices all we have in our mind. That is why we are here to find out best suited audio for us. Some are dissatisfied , some are overly satisfied and some are still finding for the best.

Where is the point ?

When you say audio lacks personal preferences, i think these personal preferences are always subjective and relative to one's own experience especially in his home with his own equipment, and one cannot just objectively list them for someone and expect that the other guy will make something that's totally going to satisfy the listener. Definetely if one is just starting out in audio, it doesnt even make sense to objectively list the requirements. This hobby is all about compromises with something or the other.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back