Wifi Extender or Add Another Router

Tirupati

HI Guys,

Currently am using the ACT fibernet with TP Link C5 as router and my flat is 1600sqft . router placed in my drawing area . there is no signal or less signal strength in balcony. cant install physical wiring for now . Is there anyway to cover all WIFI dead spots.

what all the options to consider.

Replace your current router with an Asus RT-AC86U router and it should cover the entire area pretty good. If possible place the router in a central location at home for better coverage.

Mesh, all the way!
I just added TP Link Deco X60s to my home and I can tell you every single network problem in every single corner of house got resolved.

HI Guys,

Currently am using the ACT fibernet with TP Link C5 as router and my flat is 1600sqft . router placed in my drawing area . there is no signal or less signal strength in balcony. cant install physical wiring for now . Is there anyway to cover all WIFI dead spots.

You are facing this issue since beginning or now?

If this issue started recently something must be wrong with your router.

I am using a router given by my isp and its a 300mbps single band router and it not only work in my small flat but in whole building without any issue.

Even it work in nearby buildings also, while your router is much better still you are facing issue.

You are facing this issue since beginning or now?

If this issue started recently something must be wrong with your router.

I am using a router given by my isp and its a 300mbps single band router and it not only work in my small flat but in whole building without any issue.

Even it work in nearby buildings also, while your router is much better still you are facing issue.

Recently shifted to Flat and after that facing this issue

I recently bought this for my 4BHK and it covers every nook and cranny Mercusys Halo s12, 2 pack from Amazon for 3k https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B087D6QB4R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

how to configre it ? Do we need to connect these to ISP and other to place where dead zones are ?

how to configre it ? Do we need to connect these to ISP and other to place where dead zones are ?
1 unit is connected to main router through lan cable and the second unit can be placed somewhere else which connects to first unit by pressing the pair button on both units.

1 unit is connected to main router through lan cable and the second unit can be placed somewhere else which connects to first unit by pressing the pair button on both units.

How about speed ? will it retain dual band speed? mine is 250mbps plan

How about speed ? will it retain dual band speed? mine is 250mbps plan
its a dual band, I get 100mbps even on 2 unit. My plan is 100mbps. The device comes with cat5 cable. For 250mbps you will need a cat5e cable.

If you are budget constraint buying a mesh, you can use some old router (If you have one) and bridge with the primary router without wire. The old router (Secondary) will act as WiFi repeater.

If you are budget constraint buying a mesh, you can use some old router (If you have one) and bridge with the primary router without wire. The old router (Secondary) will act as WiFi repeater.

i Have old router and can you please advise how to connect and configure without physical wiring

Mine is also ACT broadband , recently fixed my dead spot coverage by replacing my old router with TP Link X-20, wi-fi 6 Mesh router with 3 units , bought for 18500. I am satisfied with its performance.
one main unit and 2 satellite wireless units covers whole house with full speed .
Also all three units works with same wi-fi network name.

There are many videos available on youtube explaining different setup. I usually prefer this guy if you have basic understanding of the network.

Thanks Buddy
are you getting dual bands and do you see any speed drops?

Looks like it will work only with 2.4 band and not sure about Dual band. let me try it out.

Thanks Buddy
are you getting dual bands and do you see any speed drops?

Looks like it will work only with 2.4 band and not sure about Dual band. let me try it out.

I am using wired connection to bridge 3 routers. Primary & secondary is dual band and tertiary is single band. Reasonable speed drop is expected when you use multiple devices at once (Particularly streaming will suck the band width). Serves my purpose pretty good.

Any recommendations for Router ups. in my apartment there frequent power cuts and voltage fluctuations . need a backup incase any power cuts.

Any recommendations for Router ups. in my apartment there frequent power cuts and voltage fluctuations . need a backup incase any power cuts.
I previously used the small devices advertised as "Router UPS" (Resonate brand) from Amazon - but the battery does not last longer than 12-18 months. After that I decided to go for a real UPS.

Now I use the Microtek tuff power pro+ 650va UPS. I have two routers connected to it (ISP-given and my own). I must point out that my apartment has power backup, so I just need the UPS for around 30 sec when the power goes. But it also serves well on the occasions when the power is out for longer (~20 mins) due to some backup issues.

HI Guys,

I have faced the same issue in my flat I bought Netgear N 3000 wifi extender. Easy to setup and covered all the dead areas.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back