WiiM PRO

It would be interesting and beneficial if anyone can use WiiM Pro with a good LPS and DAC, compare it with Eversolo or Matrix Streamers, using the same Amp, Speakers and other components in the Chain

It would be interesting and beneficial if anyone can use WiiM Pro with a good LPS and DAC, compare it with Eversolo or Matrix Streamers, using the same Amp, Speakers and other components in the Chain

I had it, difference was apparent atleast in my chain.
Wiim Pro was with Allo Shanti

EverSolo had darker background, better instrument separation and more body to the sound.

Both were tested with external DACs. The sound difference I would say would be 30-40%, everything else made the EverSolo a better suited product to me.
Until one listens critically or does AB, you wouldn't know.

I would still be happy having WiiM Mini, forget the Pro.
There is no audible difference between the two. For the price Mini rocks.

Last edited:
Recently I was able to compared wiim pro and digione signature. Both were powered using Shanti LPS and their output fed through coax to ifi zen one signature connected to Q acoustics M20.

I found SQ of wiim pro to be less open and less resolving than Digione Signature.

Recently I was able to compared wiim pro and digione signature. Both were powered using Shanti LPS and their output fed through coax to ifi zen one signature connected to Q acoustics M20.

I found SQ of wiim pro to be less open and less resolving than Digione Signature.

This was case back then with me too when I tried RPi 4 via USB to Dac vs WiiM Mini via optical both fed by Allo Shanti.

I know someone who felt the same and sold WiiM Mini and stuck with RPi, but me I choose to go ahead with Wiim Mini for its features and ease of use.

The problem with Wiim Pro is that even with fixed volume setting (both digital and analogue) it is passing through a mixer. I find that you need to attenuate the output to bring the noise floor down. In my setup with active speakers the max i could go on the WiiM was 80. (Even in fixed output mode, there is an option to attenuate the ouput from 0-100 is steps of 1. Do that and then the sound quality remains very good even when you increaae the global volume (ie the preamp).
Just play around the max output from betwewn 60-85 in the pro to get the final output that is not fatuuging as you rise the volume on your preamp.
Now again, paying so much (Eversolo for eg) for just using something as a streamer is not worth in my opinion.

The problem with Wiim Pro is that even with fixed volume setting (both digital and analogue) it is passing through a mixer. I find that you need to attenuate the output to bring the noise floor down. In my setup with active speakers the max i could go on the WiiM was 80. (Even in fixed output mode, there is an option to attenuate the ouput from 0-100 is steps of 1. Do that and then the sound quality remains very good even when you increaae the global volume (ie the preamp).
Just play around the max output from betwewn 60-85 in the pro to get the final output that is not fatuuging as you rise the volume on your preamp.
Now again, paying so much (Eversolo for eg) for just using something as a streamer is not worth in my opinion.
I believe Eversolo users mostly use it as a streamer and DAC as it has a good DACs and digital inputs, also SSD Slot (upto 4TB) which could play stored files

I believe Eversolo users mostly use it as a streamer and DAC as it has a good DACs and digital inputs, also SSD Slot (upto 4TB) which could play stored files
yes...it maybe worth the price for all the feature it offers as you need not look for an additional DAC, preamp and a linear power supply.

Get me a streamer which can do DSD with .iso support, SSD internal and hdd external storage option , Apple Music Native, 5.1 music with DTS, something which can be used as a media server and a CDT with ripping support that too around 70-80k price range.

Its not streaming we pay for but features and support.
One can use a laptop or a phone for streaming, but we dont.

Won’t drag this topic to be a WiiM vs other streamer thread.
lets continue with Wiim.

Get me a streamer which can do DSD with .iso support, SSD internal and hdd external storage option , Apple Music Native, 5.1 music with DTS, something which can be used as a media server and a CDT with ripping support that too around 70-80k price range.

lets continue with Wiim.
get a raspberry pi 5 or 4, and it can do everything

lets continue with Wiim.
Apple Music Native?......Apple has not released its API, how can native playback be possible?

Apple Music Native?......Apple has not released its API, how can native playback be possible?

Thats why its better to know how a device works, what are its features and then comment on it.

I have used most streamers below a lac, including RPi. Hence I am commenting or sharing my veiws.

Lets take eversolo conversation to other thread, doesn’t make any sense to talk about it in WiiM thread.

Eversolo runs Android and uses the Apple Music app. You can control it using the cast feature on the Eversolo app. Unique feature that no one else has currently
Cast is not native playback. Now you can cast Apple Music from any Android phone....Cast does not support hires though it shows as hires within the Apple Music app in Android

Thats why its better to know how a device works, what are its features and then comment on it.

I have used most streamers below a lac, including RPi. Hence I am commenting or sharing my veiws.

Lets take eversolo conversation to other thread, doesn’t make any sense to talk about it in WiiM thread.
Agreed. I have also compared and find paying a big chunk for a streamer is a waste of money and thought it best to share my experience

Eversolo runs Android and uses the Apple Music app. You can control it using the cast feature on the Eversolo app. Unique feature that no one else has currently
Does this mean you can use the Apple Music app on your phone, android or iOS to playback on Eversolo?

Edit:
It’s casting rather than native playback as in Spotify Connect. Is this correct?

Cast is not native playback. Now you can cast Apple Music from any Android phone....Cast does not support hires though it shows as hires within the Apple Music app in Android

Does this mean you can use the Apple Music app on your phone, android or iOS to playback on Eversolo?

Eversolo has a inbuilt Apple music App,
you can cast the SCREEN of Eversolo on your phone or tablet and use it to navigate and play music.

This isn’t airplay or chromecast that we know.

Eversolo has a inbuilt Apple music App,
you can cast the SCREEN of Eversolo on your phone or tablet and use it to navigate and play music.

This isn’t airplay or chromecast that we know.
So it’s native playback on the device itself? That’s great news for Apple Music users if that’s true.

Apple Music plays natively on Eversolo. Cast in this context is a screen cast feature of the Eversolo streamer which lets you mirror the screen of the device on a phone running the Eversolo app. Its NOT casting music from your phone to the Eversolo. Works pretty well. Look up the Darko Audio video on this if you want more details

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back