WiiM PRO

A comparison of the Analogue Outputs of of FiiO BTA30 Pro and the WiiM Pro.

The FiiO is connected to the Digione Signature Player (Raspberry pi 4) via coax cable and the music file is played from an externally powered hard driver connected to the Digione Signature Player.
The WiiM is playing the same file by accessing it over the network via media server as I have setup miniDLNA in the Raspberry pi.

The audio output of both FiiO and WiiM are set at 100%.
I have tagged each part as via FiiO or WiiM in the video itself.
It is split into 3 parts (1st all instruments, 2nd female vocals and 3rd a combo of male n female vocals)

Would you say that BTA30 is bright?

the wiim mini features are similar to the s50pro

i think there are some useful features that the wiim mini does not have

the Wiim Pro is a differnt story though

P.S : ive heard the wiim and the s50
personally for me
" miles ahead " is not accurate
however thats just me being subjective

the wiim mini features are similar to the s50pro

i think there are some useful features that the wiim mini does not have

the Wiim Pro is a differnt story though

P.S : ive heard the wiim and the s50
personally for me
" miles ahead " is not accurate
however thats just me being subjective
Can you compare it's sound and performance? We can get some idea. Inbuilt DAC sound also need to know.

The s50 pro
Would be considered Only if you need the extra features it offers

Otherwise the wiim mini and wiim regular
Would be better

The dacs in both sound pretty much the same

However if you compare the wiim pro and s50 pro- then the wiim pro would be a better bet

Now the H50 from the same company as the s50 pro
Is also decent product
Its al All in one

Recently got the Wiim Pro and I am loving it. The music is airy detailed and natural sounding. Power it via a power bank as of now. I have heard adding an LPSU improves the sound quality even further, which I am eager to try, at a later stage.

MaSh
How is the sound from the Wiim Pro DAC vis a vis external DAC ? Do you find the need to add an external DAC ?

The s50 pro
Would be considered Only if you need the extra features it offers

Otherwise the wiim mini and wiim regular
Would be better

The dacs in both sound pretty much the same

However if you compare the wiim pro and s50 pro- then the wiim pro would be a better bet

Now the H50 from the same company as the s50 pro
Is also decent product
Its al All in one
I thought wiim mini and pro has only a very small difference in terms of sound.

I thought wiim mini and pro has only a very small difference in terms of sound.
I was talking about the features not the sound

Wiim pro and s50 have approx the same
In which case the wiim pro would make more sense

Wiim mini and s50
Are different feature wise

My post is more to do with feature
Than Sq

Sq wise they are all pretty much the same

Both WiiM mini and WiiM pro offer bit perfect digital outputs. DAC is decent, and can be used, but an upgrade to a better DAC can be beneficial.
For differences between mini and pro read the link given under

https://wiimhome.com/WiiMPro/Overview

I think S50 should also have a bit perfect digital output as it is not an expensive implementation.

So the choices in my opinion should be based on the utility of the features each offer vs the price.

Owned S50Pro+ Sold Now. Currently having Wiim Mini. Connected to SMSL Su 6 (Hardly Use it now). While I was having S50Pro+, I also had RPI4+Moode. I never switched on the S50Pro+ ever again after Listening RPI4+Moode+SMSL SU6. It could be due to slightly better dac in SMSL SU6 as compared to S50 Pro+.

Currently I do not touch the WiiM Mini + SMSL SU6 Combination.

I am addicted to RPI4+USTAR R38 DAC HAT + Volumio Premium. The RPI4+USTAR R38 Combination is one hell of unit.

How is the sound from the Wiim Pro DAC vis a vis external DAC ? Do you find the need to add an external DAC ?
Well the answer is not that straight forward. The internal DAC is good enough for someone on a budget to postpone his plans to buy an external DAC. However, if one does have a good DAC, then it is fully justified to use it.

MaSh

Well the answer is not that straight forward. The internal DAC is good enough for someone on a budget to postpone his plans to buy an external DAC. However, if one does have a good DAC, then it is fully justified to use it.

MaSh
Thanks for the revert. This morning I was trying to hear differences between the iPhone feeding the minidsp with / without the dragonfly dac but had to really strain my ears to feel any difference. It could be due to the minidsp itself converting analog to digital to analog again.

Thanks for the revert. This morning I was trying to hear differences between the iPhone feeding the minidsp with / without the dragonfly dac but had to really strain my ears to feel any difference. It could be due to the minidsp itself converting analog to digital to analog again.
Yes you will not hear any difference as minidsp has a built in AD and DA converters.

MaSh

Owned S50Pro+ Sold Now. Currently having Wiim Mini. Connected to SMSL Su 6 (Hardly Use it now). While I was having S50Pro+, I also had RPI4+Moode. I never switched on the S50Pro+ ever again after Listening RPI4+Moode+SMSL SU6. It could be due to slightly better dac in SMSL SU6 as compared to S50 Pro+.

Currently I do not touch the WiiM Mini + SMSL SU6 Combination.

I am addicted to RPI4+USTAR R38 DAC HAT + Volumio Premium. The RPI4+USTAR R38 Combination is one hell of unit.
I too currently using rpi4+ustars r38h +Moode.. nice dac, currently powering with Allo Nirwana smps. Adding one lpsu may improve the quality further. Only problem is I can't get a proper case for this setup, still it's on the old boss acrylic case with half portion open..

I too currently using rpi4+ustars r38h +Moode.. nice dac, currently powering with Allo Nirwana smps. Adding one lpsu may improve the quality further. Only problem is I can't get a proper case for this setup, still it's on the old boss acrylic case with half portion open..
I have got an Acrylic case made from local Acrylic store for Rs. 500.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-03-29 at 14.18.54.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-03-29 at 14.18.54.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 41
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back