WiiM PRO

Can you compare it's sound and performance? We can get some idea. Inbuilt DAC sound also need to know.
Got my Wiim Pro yesterday. Honestly the internal DAC is quite good. I had no reason to find faults compared to the Audioquest Dragonfly. It was not that some details were missing or the internal DAC is biased or anything of that sort. As Mash mentioned, one can easily live with the device without the need to add a new DAC. The ease and convenience is top notch and so is the app. I loved the equalizer in the Wiim app though i usually leave the equalizer untouched. I also found myself enjoying music rather than being obsessed with SQ/ soundstage or anything else. I used the internal EQ in the app to emphasize a bit of higher frequencies when listening through the Micca speakers. Even a slight change to EQ makes a lot of difference.

Got my Wiim Pro yesterday. Honestly the internal DAC is quite good. I had no reason to find faults compared to the Audioquest Dragonfly. It was not that some details were missing or the internal DAC is biased or anything of that sort. As Mash mentioned, one can easily live with the device without the need to add a new DAC. The ease and convenience is top notch and so is the app. I loved the equalizer in the Wiim app though i usually leave the equalizer untouched. I also found myself enjoying music rather than being obsessed with SQ/ soundstage or anything else. I used the internal EQ in the app to emphasize a bit of higher frequencies when listening through the Micca speakers. Even a slight change to EQ makes a lot of difference.

Very well summed up.
Just to add, if one uses EQ I think it doesn’t do bit perfect.
But I agee on the ease of use, its seemless. One gripe I am facing is when using ethernet the device goes to sleep mode randomly and to wake I have to restart it.
Strangely this doesn’t happen with WiFi, many users are aware about this and currently no fix.

Very well summed up.
Just to add, if one uses EQ I think it doesn’t do bit perfect.
But I agee on the ease of use, its seemless. One gripe I am facing is when using ethernet the device goes to sleep mode randomly and to wake I have to restart it.
Strangely this doesn’t happen with WiFi, many users are aware about this and currently no fix.
I' m sure Wiim will address this given the slew of updates. I was a bit worried yesterday since the device would randomly drop off the phone connection. But i realized it was on account of the iphone switching wifi networks at random (i have 2 service providers). After i fixed that it was all ok. How are you finding the quality of the DAC vis a vis the Audiolab's DAC or the Topping E30 ? I am not so fussed with the bitperfect part so long it sounds nice :)

I' m sure Wiim will address this given the slew of updates.
Its been months no fix :( but it doesn’t bother me, now I just turn it of when not using.

How are you finding the quality of the DAC vis a vis the Audiolab's DAC or the Topping E30 ? I am not so fussed with the bitperfect part so long it sounds nice :)
Both Audiolab and Topping are superior, infact I don’t use the inbuilt since Pro has two outputs.

Try out a dac and WiiM combo, you will enjoy it.

Its been months no fix :( but it doesn’t bother me, now I just turn it of when not using.

Both Audiolab and Topping are superior, infact I don’t use the inbuilt since Pro has two outputs.

Try out a dac and WiiM combo, you will enjoy it.
Oh man, just when I had convinced myself that I dont need a DAC............I was in fact thinking of Topping E50 or Chord Mojo 2 :)

I have no option to connect to a lan cable. Only Wifi and have had absolutely no issues with it waking up. I try hard to find a difference between Optical and Coaxial outputs to my soekris. Both sound equally good to me. Maybe I need more revealing speakers. I do notice an improvement in the highs compared to my digione signature though.

Its an excellent buy no doubt.

MaSh

Just joined the WiiM Pro owners :)!!

Impressions -
1 - SETUP is easy and straight forward, specially with ethernet, not much is needed. You plug in - launch the app, BOOM!
2 - SOFTWARE is pretty stable, no glitches, no hiccups, thing just works. The apps on MAC, Ipad, Iphone are perfectly stable.
3 - SOUND from Analog outputs is pretty nice & one can live with it happily. Digital outputs are pretty perfect, with the option to select bit rates! No complaints. I would sincerely suggest to use it with a better DAC, as a transport this thing is impeccable.

Great Features -
1 - It connects to almost everything under the sun, with minimal to no hassle, Qobuz, Tidal, Spotify, BT, Airplay, DLNA, Alexa, Internet radios with Open Network Stream (this is amazing). I am a big FAN of Naim Lossless Jazz Radio, this was as easy as eating a pie.
2 - Plethora of connections, most except maybe the ultimate power users should be fine here.
3 - Intuitive settings/menu, even for the most non-tech savvy, this is easy stuff. No more looking for hidden settings & features.

Nice to Have -
Not sure if this missing anything, for this price & such a stable product. I guess they are already giving a lot.

My setup -
This feeds a RME ADI2 DAC via Coaxial SPDIF, in my setup I can't use the RCA analogue out as my subwoofer only takes XLR & the setup demands the speaker to be routed through the Sub. So for me this is a transport and a great one at that. I have no complaints whatsoever. Comparing it with the NODE, (NO A/B) - I think it is on par won't be able to pick one or the other in a blind test maybe, from my memory, so for the price, this wins!

This is great piece of kit, provided how much it costs! It is incredible, intuitive & stable!

**I did read on @amrutmhatre90 's post that this shuts off on ethernet when not in use, I haven't experienced it though.

Wiim has announced on their forum that the Wiim Pro is now "ROON Ready" certified.

The firmware update that will be released on 30 June will make all Wiim Pros ROON Ready. They will make a formal announcement after the firmware is out. (I suppose ROON will also be announcing it only then).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back