will be going in for Lyrita Audio

Prem, that must be pretty incredible. Congratulations on seeing it through ...
Would have driven me nuts to have to wait this long for the amps to open up.

I have gone in for a speaker upgrade. Will be going for the new Rethm Saadhanas. Hopefully my last upgrade for the next few years

Prem just curious to know what is new in the new Saadhanas.
I read some time ago that Jacob George has replaced the Lowthers with a special Peerless driver.

Edit: Never mind. Just saw your reply on the Speaker Forum.

Hi Nikhil

I have not been using the resonators only for the last 6-7 months, when i began experimenting with different cables and amps.

Hi Sidvee

I have had the resonators for more than 3 years. I was waiting for the amp to break in to get the final placement right. So i am pretty familiar with what they do.

Then my question is do these affect the bass frequencies? Say the way a bass trap works in producing tighter & faster bass.
Cheers,
Sid

Yes Sidvee. They clean up the bass but they do so without absorbing. I have had Real Traps at my place but for low powered amps i much prefer the resonators. With low powered amps, spl levels are low so any kind of absorption kind of deadens the sound.

I have not heard the resonators with powerful amps. So really do not know how they compare to Real Traps there.

Listening to the resonators at Prem's place was mind blowing. I had a very skeptical view of these things and my time at Prem's place was a real eye opener. Unlike other types of treatments, these do not in any way take anything out of the sound. The music just turns more natural. The sound just hangs on a little longer and becomes more real.

The Lyrita is not with me anymore. The Rethm Saadhanas are doing fine. My amp now is a David Berning amp

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back