will be going in for Lyrita Audio

I have spent about 5 hrs with my amp. I can confidently say its the best tube amp i have owned or heard extensively. This includes Dehavilland 845, Cary 211, Audiopax Stereo 88, Rethm Gaanam, Audio Note Meishu, Lyrita Audio Stock Model, Cadence VA 1

That is sooooo good to hear! My phono pre should be getting ready soon as well! Then I too would be a proud Lyrita owner!

Hi Malvai, look forward to your impression of the customised Lyrita phono stage

Just to my curiosity , What is the minimum starting price for a Lyrita Tube Amp and Lyrita Floor Standing speaker ( Pair ) ?

Good to see the upgrade worked out well Prem.
i had to increase the gain on the turntable.
This is interesting, It is always good to have maximum power transfer in different stages.
Also I would not recommend tinkering with such an expensive turntable. But if it has normal ordinary potentiometer to control the output from preamp a sure improvement would be to bypass it with fixed output, (like putting a resistor etc.) Maybe gurus would chip in. or am I missing something here ?
Regards

I have spent about 5 hrs with my amp. I can confidently say its the best tube amp i have owned or heard extensively. This includes Dehavilland 845, Cary 211, Audiopax Stereo 88, Rethm Gaanam, Audio Note Meishu, Lyrita Audio Stock Model, Cadence VA 1

Congrats Prem
Coming from you , with your vast experience that is something.
cheers

Prem,

Writing in the forum after a long time. In the meanwhile I was traveling, busy with new responsibilities at work, and any spare time was completely taken up by the work at our new apartment which is near complete now (this Saturday we are having the Puja).

Very glad to know that you are finding your new amp to your liking. Output transformers are the lifeline of any tube amp (unless it is an output-transformer-less or OTL design like the Berning amps) and now have been addressed in your amp. In addition, the pre-section is another very important element of any pre-power or integrated amp, and you have addressed that too going basically the passive way through a high quality volume control. The pre section of the Rethm Gaanam amp (the one that you had previously, and I heard at your place was not the best, I heard the same but separately boxed pre-amp at Pratim's place when Jacob sent him one for trial).

Congratulations to you for trying out these improvements and then sharing with us the findings. Congratulations to Viren as well for the total implementation. I know these upgradations are expensive and everyone cannot afford them, but there may be cheaper alternatives which may produce nearly the same results.

My son just came back from U of Chicago where he has been for an internship for the last 3 months. He brought with him a few vacuum tubes for me which I bought and got delivered to his address in the US. If I find the time, I will try to give my impressions on the current tube rolling in my long-hybernating amp thread, although the tubes would perhaps need a few more hours to settle in.

Regards.

I will try to give my impressions on the current tube rolling in my long-hybernating amp thread, although the tubes would perhaps need a few more hours to settle in.

Regards.

great to hear that Asit. are these the reflectors ?

Nice to hear from you Asit. Which tubes did your son get?

Thanks Hiten and Himadri. No i am not planning to tinker with my EMT 938. At some point i may replace the entire phonostage with another one.

At this point one area where i am looking at alternatives is the interconnects. Will try the Rethm interconnects as well as the Ocellia Silver Reference interconnects.

My present system configuration is

EMT 938 with 929 arm and TSD 15 cartridge with upgraded original EMT step up transformers
Rethm Saadhana speakers
Lyrita Audio 2A3 power amp upgraded with 80% nickel output and interstage transformers and nickel chokes
Dave Slagle autoformer vol control
Rethm Taalam rack
ASI Liveline powercords
ASI Liveline interconnects
Rethm speaker cables
Dedicated power line using ROMEX cryoed in wall power cable
Maestro wall receptacle

Congrats Prem! I will be knocking on your door sometime to have a listen!
Would be nice to see some pictures of your setup if you can?!

Cheers!

Arj and Prem,

I have just written about the new tubes in my amp thread. Please look there. I do not want to disturb this thread too much.

Regards.

Tried the Rethm interconnects today. Preferred the Livelines. So for now will stick to Livelines. Now will try and audition the Ocellias.

Finally the amps have kind of broken in. Probably another 10 hrs should do it. With the break in have moved back to an all liveline cabling-powercords, interconnects and speaker cable. Once the break in is complete will start with room treatment with Acoustic System resonators. Have also ordered Vampire pure copper with gold plating rca jacks for the power amp and the vol control. So that kind of now completes all my upgrades for the time being.

Once the break in is complete will start with room treatment with Acoustic System resonators.

Congratulations on your upgrades. You are the torchbearer for Homegrown Hi-Fi :clapping:. Will be looking forward to you feedback on the resonators. Mulling on getting these for my room as well.
Cheers,
Sid

@Nikhil

When you heard the system at my place, it was sounding very restricted and held back. Now its opened up considerably. Its a very different sound. Much more life like and dynamic and abundance of details.

@sidvee

I have had the resonators for more than 3 years. I was waiting for the amp to break in to get the final placement right. So i am pretty familiar with what they do.

I have gone in for a speaker upgrade. Will be going for the new Rethm Saadhanas. Hopefully my last upgrade for the next few years

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back