Will these Micca's work good when paired to my Sony MHC-GN88D?

So I have MHC-GN88D 5.1 Component DVD System that came without a sub and has no center speaker output (but I still have the center speaker). I just ordered the Micca Covo-S pair last night from Flipkart for 3.2k and am planning to pair em with this amp as primary wall-mounted speakers. Will they work safely <50% volume levels and deliver sufficient quality output (for casual TV watching and occasionally movies)?

PicsArt_10-06-10.57.43.jpg

MHC-GN88D specs (10% THD ):

Screenshot_20211005-202439_Chrome_Beta.png

...plus I will be adding the front channels (probably Micca MB42/X's). Hope then those all 4 should work fine on this amp or is this hoping too much? Don't wanna spend on a dedicated receiver/amp for these 4 speakers (only 2 for now - the Covo's) as I don't have a dire requirement of a full-blown 5.1 system (for now).

My living room where TV is located under the staircase is 35 ft in length and 30 ft is the distance from TV to the point where we watch TV mostly from my, hence I'll need at least 80+ ft (25m) of wiring, so please suggest me which wires to go for (as cheap as possible but copper), offline electrical wires should work as well, just not able to decide for the adequate wire thickness, not familiar with gauges.

Attachments

• PicsArt_10-06-10.57.43.jpg
    PicsArt_10-06-10.57.43.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 8
WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 2.35.27 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 2.36.41 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 2.39.42 PM.jpeg\

These were ordered by younger bro over Flipkart and just arrived a while back. Hooked them to Denon PMA 1500R stereo amp hooked to Laptop and I was indeed surprised to the amount of punch and bass it outputted! Real good speakers. Very neat finish and these speakers seem to have a more improved crossover.

You might want to consider them over the MB42s

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 2.37.36 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-10-06 at 2.37.36 PM.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 16
View attachment 62724View attachment 62725View attachment 62726\

These were ordered by younger bro over Flipkart and just arrived a while back. Hooked them to Denon PMA 1500R stereo amp hooked to Laptop and I was indeed surprised to the amount of punch and bass it outputted! Real good speakers. Very neat finish and these speakers seem to have a more improved crossover.

You might want to consider them over the MB42s
But I wanna know first whether these Covo's will work safely in conjunction to MHC-GN88D stock speakers or standalone mode?

But I wanna know first whether these Covo's will work safely in conjunction to MHC-GN88D stock speakers or standalone mode?

Not many use Miccas and so dont have an opinion about Covos....typically most speakers should work well. Hooking up too many speakers to the set can cause heat issues...so one must be cautious when trying.

Not many use Miccas and so dont have an opinion about Covos....typically most speakers should work well. Hooking up too many speakers to the set can cause heat issues...so one must be cautious when trying.
I don't think my monstrous receiver will face any heating issues driving these 50 watts puppies and 100 watts of RB/MB42X's. And Covo's are loved by everyone man (as rears in ht setups and some desktop stereo setups as well) as much as I saw in reviews and all.

I don't think my monstrous receiver will face any heating issues driving these 50 watts puppies and 100 watts of RB/MB42X's. And Covo's are loved by everyone man (as rears in ht setups and some desktop stereo setups as well) as much as I saw in reviews and all.

Well if the receiver can handle multiple speakers then good.

Just for information, the specs of sony output is provided basis measurement at 1khz. Most of us when checking on load handling for speakers or amps would look at handling across the full spectrum of frequencies 20hz to 20khz. You can google this information if required.

I am using Micca Covo S with my Denon x3700 for heights and they work really well.
but would advice use better specced Micca's for floor level speakers. Go for the one suggested by @efernand1
@efernand1 these look and sound good. What was the cost ?

I am using Micca Covo S with my Denon x3700 for heights and they work really well.
but would advice use better specced Micca's for floor level speakers. Go for the one suggested by @efernand1
@efernand1 these look and sound good. What was the cost ?

Honestly they really sound good. currently available for 12741 on flipkart as opposed to Amazon for 14990

Honestly they really sound good. currently available for 12741 on flipkart as opposed to Amazon for 14990
Please also confirm to me the authenticity of the product as well for they're offering at such a lower price. I was a bit worried about the same while ordering my Covos. In fact, they just shipped it 3 hours ago from Vasai, Maharashtra. Wednesday is the expected delivery, I'll share the pics and my first impressions as soon as I get em.

Please also confirm to me the authenticity of the product as well for they're offering at such a lower price. I was a bit worried about the same while ordering my Covos. In fact, they just shipped it 3 hours ago from Vasai, Maharashtra. Wednesday is the expected delivery, I'll share the pics and my first impressions as soon as I get em.

It is authentic as far as my 25+ years experience goes using various systems and brands. The finishing is very good and also the quality.

It is authentic as far as my 25+ years experience goes using various systems and brands. The finishing is very good and also the quality.
Fantastic!
Now as far as speaker wires go, it's recommended in the user manual that I better use a 14 gauge 2 core conductor for these 6 ohms as the length runs over 75 ft. Since I don't earn yet and my parents aren't willing to spend that kind of money on just a good copper wire (> ₹2k), can you please suggest me the best budget option for me at least 80 ft?

Fantastic!
Now as far as speaker wires go, it's recommended in the user manual that I better use a 14 gauge 2 core conductor for these 6 ohms as the length runs over 75 ft. Since I don't earn yet and my parents aren't willing to spend that kind of money on just a good copper wire (> ₹2k), can you please suggest me the best budget option for me at least 80 ft?
So, I misunderstood it as single 80 ft run, it's actually for both (so 40 ft for each and 16 AWG should work just fine I guess?)
Should I go for the Amazon basics 16 AWG 100 ft? It's selling for this great price after 5% coupon:

Screenshot_20211008-121050_Amazon.png

Or should I try any good-enough 1.5 sq mm, 2-core wire from a local electrical shop?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211008-121050_Amazon.png
    Screenshot_20211008-121050_Amazon.png
    510.9 KB · Views: 3
So, I misunderstood it as single 80 ft run, it's actually for both (so 40 ft for each and 16 AWG should work just fine I guess?)
Should I go for the Amazon basics 16 AWG 100 ft? It's selling for this great price after 5% coupon:

View attachment 62815

Or should I try any good-enough 1.5 sq mm, 2-core wire from a local electrical shop?

Yes these should be fine for now.

Later you can trade up if required.

My bro had tried using available banana plugs....they didnt fit well need some ordinary short versions...better to put the bare wires carefully.....16 AWG is fine
Oh gosh, I am in the electronics market rn and the dealers suckkk here dude (don't even know how to speak except one or two), not to mention the crappy tractor sound system equipment that they're known for. Tried like 10 different shops. The crappy banana plugs they're offering for ₹13/pc had ridiculous play in them (too flimsy).
I'm ordering the Amazon Basics 16 AWG 100 ft.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back