Wireless Keyboard Mouse for HTPC

hi ashish,

I see that 10m is the published number, have you tested it yourself. sorry, i've burnt my fingers before with the published numbers thats why I want to be doubly sure.

does it work thru obstructions or does it need a clear line of sight.

Most of the blutooth ones supposedly have better range, is that always true? IR and RF were hopeless for w/l kbd mouse at even 10-12ft.

thanx

I have personally tested it for 8-9 meters atleat and it worked like a charm and no it doesn't require a line of sight. The built quality is also very good. Blutooth works on the radio technology rather than the infra red one which requires the line of sight. I am using the same from last 1.5 years.

Last edited:
I have personally tested it for 8-9 meters atleat and it worked like a charm and no it doesn't require a line of sight. The built quality is also very good. Blutooth works on the radio technology rather than the infra red one which requires the line of sight. I am using the same from last 1.5 years.

How about input lag? I did read somewhere that input lag of some of the BT based K/B mouse is a bit more than regular wireless. Did u notice any such issues?

Hi,
Anybody's got the Logitech DiNovo Mini.:licklips:...

Like to hear about it since I was thinking of buying for my HTPC which I am planning.

Hi,
Anybody's got the Logitech DiNovo Mini.:licklips:...

Like to hear about it since I was thinking of buying for my HTPC which I am planning.

for an HTPC, its an utter wastage of money. by the very nature of an htpc, you will be hardly using these input devices. Once you get a remote and a proper setup done, thats what u'll use most of the times. Its PC jewellery man, you can go for it for the 'show off' value though.

for an HTPC, its an utter wastage of money. by the very nature of an htpc, you will be hardly using these input devices. Once you get a remote and a proper setup done, thats what u'll use most of the times. Its PC jewellery man, you can go for it for the 'show off' value though.
hey Doors,
:sad:

Actually, I was not planning for a remote operated cabinet for the HTPC, they cost a cool 6K extra than the ones without the remote. My home theatre is projector-screen type and therefore dark while the movies etc is playing and I understand that the "mini" has backlit keyboard. I rather use that 6k on a mini keyboard.:licklips:

Most reviews swear by the Logitech DiNovo mini for a Home theatre use though. I understand from the reviews that the product is small, easy to hold and also easy to use. Has bluetooth and can be operated from a long distance without it being in line of sight.;)

hey Doors,
:sad:

Actually, I was not planning for a remote operated cabinet for the HTPC, they cost a cool 6K extra than the ones without the remote. My home theatre is projector-screen type and therefore dark while the movies etc is playing and I understand that the "mini" has backlit keyboard. I rather use that 6k on a mini keyboard.:licklips:

Most reviews swear by the Logitech DiNovo mini for a Home theatre use though. I understand from the reviews that the product is small, easy to hold and also easy to use. Has bluetooth and can be operated from a long distance without it being in line of sight.;)

you can get a remote with a usb receiver for 1-2k. some of those might be backlit also. if you just get a receiver, you can use the harmony remotes with the htpc.

you can get a remote with a usb receiver for 1-2k. some of those might be backlit also. if you just get a receiver, you can use the harmony remotes with the htpc.

Hey, I've got a Harmony 525 with me:yahoo:...how do I use with a htpc or a computer? I think this one works with IR.

It will be great if I can use this one..Do I need to use any dongle and what program I need to install on the PC to make it work ?

Last edited:
Hey, I've got a Harmony 525 with me:yahoo:...how do I use with a htpc or a computer? I think this one works with IR.

It will be great if I can use this one..Do I need to use any dongle and what program I need to install on the PC to make it work ?

I found one for 999/- shipped from ebay. Iam sure it can be got for upto 200 less from local stores (SP road?)

eBay India: USB PC Remote Controller for Media Center XP Control (item 260500968189 end time 03-Dec-2009 16:14:38 IST)

Here are the reviews of it in amazon. looks greatly positive. The second review (By C.Watson) points on how to configure it on harmony 880. I suppose procedure for 525 should be same.

Amazon.com: Wireless USB PC Remote Control Mouse for PC: Electronics

Looks like you need to get this for 1000 odd rupees, throw the remote away, connect the dongle to the PC and configure it using the supplied s/w and code it in harmony 525. As simple as that.

I found one for 999/- shipped from ebay. Iam sure it can be got for upto 200 less from local stores (SP road?)

eBay India: USB PC Remote Controller for Media Center XP Control (item 260500968189 end time 03-Dec-2009 16:14:38 IST)

Here are the reviews of it in amazon. looks greatly positive. The second review (By C.Watson) points on how to configure it on harmony 880. I suppose procedure for 525 should be same.

Amazon.com: Wireless USB PC Remote Control Mouse for PC: Electronics

Looks like you need to get this for 1000 odd rupees, throw the remote away, connect the dongle to the PC and configure it using the supplied s/w and code it in harmony 525. As simple as that.

I was thinking of getting a wireless mouse for my laptop so that i use them as htpc, is the usb pc remote contol a good replacement for a wireless mouse? i will be playin mostly mkv rips thro mpc- home cinema or windows media centre. iam using win 7 pro edition. which one should i go for?

Logitech MX250 is a good option for Wireless keyboardmouse combo.Available at 1.25k in SP road. works smoothly from 10 m range without any glitches...a very good deal at dat price

Logitech MX250 is a good option for Wireless keyboardmouse combo.Available at 1.25k in SP road. works smoothly from 10 m range without any glitches...a very good deal at dat price

Are u saying 10m?? Is it Blue tooth? no problems at all for pinpointing with mouse and typying with kbd? sound really good for that price.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back