Worlds Best Front End : Dcs - Now In India

SNV

Dear All,

It is a dream come true. Sound & Vision is now the exclusive India distributor of dCS, UK.

dCS, a world renowned serious hi-end front end brand, that makes the finest cd players ? transport, dacs, clocks & samplers.

For people who are serious about their music, dCS provides a range of audiophile products that offer unrivalled performance and define the standard for digital music playback against which all others are measured.
The dCS audiophile range is designed and hand built in the UK to exact specifications, using the unique and patented Ring DAC technology to deliver the best listening experience there is.

The Scarlatti system is undoubtedly THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD.

All new models are now available in 3 different variants :

SCARLATTI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/MASTER CLOCK

PAGANINI SYSTEM ? TRANSPORT/DAC/CLOCK

PUCCINI CD PLAYER.

The Scarlatti and Paganini are available as systems. Also individual units such as the dac, transport and clock are sold separately for clients to gradually upgrade.

For further information please log on ? Official dCS Home Page, or alternatively email me on [email protected]

Regards
SNV

Entry level model from dCS. The only "one box" solution.

dCS Puccini :

Upsampling CD/SACD Player with built-in dCS Ring DAC and 2 digital inputs.

Designed to drive a power amplifier directly.

dCS Puccini - CD/SACD Player

Regards
SNV

The DACs seem to have a volume control.
Do they have a built in pre/POT, or is that just a source selector?

Thanks,
Sharad

The Scarlatti system is undoubtedly THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD.

Very Bold Statement. Have you compared it with every other CD player in the same league? To name a few: Pi Tracer, Meridian 808.x, EMM, Gryphon Mikado, Goldmund, etc. or is this the company's claim?

Very Bold Statement. Have you compared it with every other CD player in the same league? To name a few: Pi Tracer, Meridian 808.x, EMM, Gryphon Mikado, Goldmund, etc. or is this the company's claim?

Well, Jay (SNV) is not totally wrong in his quote but instead 'The Best CD player' - it is 'One of the Best/Finest CD Players' quote is suitable!!

These are few (partial list)(!!) one the finest CD Players....

1. Esoteric- P-01 Transport with D-01 DAC
2. Reimyo- DCT-777 Transport with DAP-777 DAC
3. Luxman- D-N100 Player
4. Accuphase- DP-800 Transport with DC-801 DAC
5. Meridian- 808 Signature Reference CD Player
6. EMM Labs- CDSD Disc Transport with DCC2SE DAC
7. Audio Aero- Capitole CD Player
8. Metronome Technologies-
9. Blue Note ? Stibbert
10. dCS Puccini CD/ SACD Player
11. dCS Scarlatti System
12. Audio Research REFERENCE CD7 Vacuum Tube Compact Disc P
13. Wadia 581se CD Player
14. Oracle CD2500 CD Player

Cheers,

JK
Absolute Sound

The DACs seem to have a volume control.
Do they have a built in pre/POT, or is that just a source selector?

Thanks,
Sharad

Dear Sharad,

Both the Paganini and the Scarlatti Dacs have built in pre.

Regards
SNV

What is the MRP???

Dear Neo,

dCS has a policy on quoting local prices.
But for your reference :

Puccini cd/sacd player - 9,500/-
Paganini system Transport/Dac/Clock - 21,000/-
Scarlatti system Transport/Dac/Clock - 33,000/-

All above prices are ofcourse UK GBP - pounds.

Regards
SNV

Dear awedeophile,

Sir, audio in general is very subjective. What I find as the worlds best, chances are you wont.

Well, yes it is a bold claim.
The Scarlatti is The Worlds Best Cd Player.
I am claiming this. dCS also claims the same.
A lot of audiophile around the world do too.

I have heard flagship models from quite some brands, to name a few - Emm Labs, Wadia, Metronome, etc.
Obviously I find the dCS Scarlatti superior to these.
Some of the players you have mentioned are not of the calibre of the Scarlatti, such the Meridian and the Gryphon.
Although Gryphon is one of my favourite brands.
The Mikado could may be compared to the Puccini.

Anyways I dont wish to get into specifics of each model.

If you do get the opportunity, hear the Scarlatti system and then decide.
I have, hence the bold statement.

Anyways, the above is my opinion of the Product.

Regards
SNV

Well, Jay (SNV) is not totally wrong in his quote but instead 'The Best CD player' - it is 'One of the Best/Finest CD Players' quote is suitable!!

These are few (partial list)(!!) one the finest CD Players....

1. Esoteric- P-01 Transport with D-01 DAC
2. Reimyo- DCT-777 Transport with DAP-777 DAC
3. Luxman- D-N100 Player
4. Accuphase- DP-800 Transport with DC-801 DAC
5. Meridian- 808 Signature Reference CD Player
6. EMM Labs- CDSD Disc Transport with DCC2SE DAC
7. Audio Aero- Capitole CD Player
8. Metronome Technologies-
9. Blue Note ? Stibbert
10. dCS Puccini CD/ SACD Player
11. dCS Scarlatti System
12. Audio Research REFERENCE CD7 Vacuum Tube Compact Disc P
13. Wadia 581se CD Player
14. Oracle CD2500 CD Player

Cheers,

JK
Absolute Sound

Dear JK,

Good to see you on the forum.

Now there is a list. Everything and I mean everything is subjective.

Infact, there are few brands in this list that I personally like.

dCS is a digital front end. My reasoning - it sounds more analogue when compared to other digital front end brands.

Analogue is truly the best front end. But, IMO, dCS is the finest 'digital' front end there is.

Regards
SNV

Audio is highly subjective and hence when the manufacturer or dealer of a product claims "THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD", people tend to wonder. Please send me links of some independant reviews of this player - I couldn't find anything on google.

Further, can you tell me in what areas you find this player better when compared to the other's you have heard?

Also, what was the associated equipment, was the same equipment used to compare all and what was the chain when you heard the Scarlatti?

It would be great to get this information.

Dear SNV,

You are right - Sound is absolutely subjective.

Also agreed that Analogue is the ultimate but try to listen again EMM-CDSD with DCC2SE, Reimyo DCT-777 with DAP-777, Blue Note Stibbert, Audio Aero Capitole, Luxman D-N100 & Audio Research Reference CD7 - These are also extreme digital machines and sounds very Analogue.

But I am not denying here that dCS is not sounding Analogue!

One more name in analogue sounding 'digital' is AMR - Abbingdon Music Research - AM-77.

All the best with dCS & have a great success!

Cheers,

JK
Absolute Sound

Audio is highly subjective and hence when the manufacturer or dealer of a product claims "THE BEST CD PLAYER IN THE WORLD ? PERIOD", people tend to wonder. Please send me links of some independant reviews of this player - I couldn't find anything on google.

Further, can you tell me in what areas you find this player better when compared to the other's you have heard?

Also, what was the associated equipment, was the same equipment used to compare all and what was the chain when you heard the Scarlatti?

It would be great to get this information.

Dear awedeophile,

The only English review of the dCS Scarlatti is done by Whathifi UK.
The others are in different languages.

Im afraid im not at liberty to disclose what equipment we used to hear the dCS gear.
One thing though, the amplification and speakers remained same when tested with different flagship models of cd players.

Regards
SNV

Dear SNV,

You are right - Sound is absolutely subjective.

Also agreed that Analogue is the ultimate but try to listen again EMM-CDSD with DCC2SE, Reimyo DCT-777 with DAP-777, Blue Note Stibbert, Audio Aero Capitole, Luxman D-N100 & Audio Research Reference CD7 - These are also extreme digital machines and sounds very Analogue.

But I am not denying here that dCS is not sounding Analogue!

One more name in analogue sounding 'digital' is AMR - Abbingdon Music Research - AM-77.

All the best with dCS & have a great success!

Cheers,

JK
Absolute Sound

SIr,

You have put forward some renowned names, no doubt.
I dont wish to compare or comment on the brands you have mentioned.
But you need to hear the Scarlatti and you will as soon as I have it in stock.

With regard to AMR, I heard the CD77 reference model 3 weeks ago in UK with Krell amplification and Wilson Benesch speakers.

Regards
SNV

Im afraid im not at liberty to disclose what equipment we used to hear the dCS gear. SNV

The plot thickens! You (DCS, etc.) do tests and claim that you make the best product in the world PERIOD but won't disclose the test criteria or associated equipment used?

The plot thickens! You (DCS, etc.) do tests and claim that you make the best product in the world PERIOD but won't disclose the test criteria or associated equipment used?

Dear 'audiophile'

I shall invite you to hear the Scarlatti system when it comes in. I can only hope that your conclusion is the same.

There is no need for you to accept or agree to any of my claims.

As mentioned earlier - ITS MY CLAIM, MY OPINION OF THE PRODUCT.

Cheers
SNV

Yes sir, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Since you made your claim publicly in an open forum and stated that the product you sell beats or out-classes the products I mentioned, I am very interested in knowing your basis of the claim, purely to expand my scope of knowledge in the subject and not to pass any judgements.

Please take it in the right spirit.

Yes sir, you are absolutely entitled to your opinion.

Since you made your claim publicly in an open forum and stated that the product you sell beats or out-classes the products I mentioned, I am very interested in knowing your basis of the claim, purely to expand my scope of knowledge in the subject and not to pass any judgements.

Please take it in the right spirit.

Dear awedeophile,

Absolutely taken in the right spirit. My constraint is that I am just not at liberty to disclose the associated equipment we used to compare.

Maybe someday when my limitations have been called off, I could let you know.

Sir, MY ears regard dCS as the best. Hence I decided to distribute the brand in India.

Sometimes when a company launches exceptional products they deserve bold claims, IMO.

dCS has considerable expertise to produce fine digital equipment and they have been doing so for the past 20 years.

dCS are world leaders in digital audio conversion technology. Their products have been acknowledged as state-of-the-art by recording engineers and discerning audiophiles all around the world.

Regards
SNV

Dear SNV,

Understood.

I would still be very keen to learn of the differences you heard, if you might indulge me - I hope you are at liberty to discuss that.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back