[WSiB] Bitstreaming 4K HDR10 True HD to AVR

abhisheak

Hi,

Previously I was using my laptop to bit stream Blu Ray Rips 1080p rips to the AVR (X1400) via Kodi.
Now I am planning to upgrade my TV to 4K HDR. As my entry level laptop is not capable of outputting 4K video over HDMI out.
I am looking for a way to play 4K HDR (Dolby vison/HDR10) and Dolby True HD & DTS-HD MA Blu ray rips on my AVR.

My usage will be to playback the movies and use my phone for casting (If supported), gaming capabilities are not required at all.

Budget: 5k-6K (Can extend if better option is available)

Please suggest.

Thank You,

Hi,

Previously I was using my laptop to bit stream Blu Ray Rips 1080p rips to the AVR (X1400) via Kodi.
Now I am planning to upgrade my TV to 4K HDR. As my entry level laptop is not capable of outputting 4K video over HDMI out.
I am looking for a way to play 4K HDR (Dolby vison/HDR10) and Dolby True HD & DTS-HD MA Blu ray rips on my AVR.

My usage will be to playback the movies and use my phone for casting (If supported), gaming capabilities are not required at all.

Budget: 5k-6K (Can extend if better option is available)

Please suggest.

Thank You,

Possibly look at a universal player from Panasonic / Sony which can play 4k HDR Blu Ray rips via USB......the players should have 2 HDMI outs....one can feed the audio to the AVR and the other one can send video to the 4k TV......

Possibly look at a universal player from Panasonic / Sony which can play 4k HDR Blu Ray rips via USB......the players should have 2 HDMI outs....one can feed the audio to the AVR and the other one can send video to the 4k TV......
Which model do you recommend?

Thank you, I was also thinking of Android boxes. How good are they?
Since, they are cheaper or equal to BD players in prices, should they be preferred over BD players?
Output and picture quality of Android boxes is same as of BD players?

Well i dont have a direct experience using an Android box.......Was into CD players then DVD players then owned the Amkette Media Flash HD TV player which was quite good except it lacked disc playing capabilities....finally settled for a blu ray player which also had capabilities to play almost all formats stored on external HDDs.....currently using the Oppo 103.

We have a variety of members using either XBOX or PS3/4 as an alternate to stand alone Blu Ray players....Android boxes also of different models and brands.....it all depends on what you want and within how much budget....

In my opinion there are a lot of brands and models available....it can so happen that a mid segment model delivers better PQ and SQ over the base and high end models.....that is the reason you need to audition or read a lot of reviews to decide which one is best for your expected use. Accordingly you can then take a call to increase your budget.

As for me, I wanted to have a player which can play CDs DVDs Blu Rays, SACD and also something which can read my movie blu ray rips....the Pioneer BDP LX 55 served me well for number of years till i traded up to the Oppo 103......perhaps later I may trade up to the Oppo 203 or Panasonic high end model.....4K is not a priority for me now....let it settle in properly and then will deal with it then when there is enough 4k content available for movies and also satellite TV.....Most of us have hectic lifestyles and schedules...barely get to be 2 to 4 hours in front of the TV or system in a week.....so get practical and decide whats best accordingly based on actual use, features requirement and budget.

Thank you, I was also thinking of Android boxes. How good are they?
Since, they are cheaper or equal to BD players in prices, should they be preferred over BD players?
Output and picture quality of Android boxes is same as of BD players?
I use an nVidia Shield TV. 199$ in the US right now, with a remote and a controller and a free Google Home Mini.
Superb streamer, and great with local media also.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back