Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

We saw it in person, but didn't look that good, also because it was right next to x90 then :)
Decided the mi panel specs were better. Just ordered the Mi for 1.3 on amazon, + 7500 for second Yr mi warranty.
Wait for some months you'll get the TV below 1.2 in Big Billion Days.

Hi,

Like many of you, my TV has started lagging. Both in the initial menu and when we're streaming. There's also the 'Obtaining data' when we're watching TV on the antenna.

Here are some recommendations that I've seen reduce the lag a lot, yet to be verified in streaming, but at least in everything else it has greatly reduced it:

Activate developer options in settings. Settings->Device Preferences->Information->Build, click many times on build to activate developer options.
In developer options:
1. Set all animations to 0.5x (there are 3).
2. Force GPU rendering (enabled).
3. Maximum background processes (max 2).
In device preferences
1. Usage and diagnosis. Deactivated.
2. Google Assistant. Deactivated. (if you don't use it).

Install FLauncher. A much lighter launcher than Patchwall or Google TV.

Install ADBControl app on a computer and connect to the TV via its IP (Device Preferences->Information).

1. Disable Patchwall
2. Disable Android TV Home (CAREFUL, first install the FLauncher). Once Android TV Home is disabled, when you go to home with the remote button select Flauncher as default.
3. Disable the ones you don't use... in my case:
Amazon Alexa
Print Queue
Mi Wallpaper
Google Play Games
Mi Channel
Patchwall Update service
Xiaomi TV +
Youtube Music

To avoid the 'Obtaining data' message, what I've done is to install Mochi Live TV. An application that works with the antenna. It works somewhat better than the native one, and at least it doesn't show the 'Obtaining data'... I disabled Live TV after installing this.

credits to

Hey everyone! Need urgent suggestions.
I purchased the TV in aug 2021, with extended warranty. The TV stopped working about a week back. When the technician visited, he said, that the Internal circuit has conked off due to voltage and it cannot be repaired.
He also said, it doesn't come under warranty!!

Now my point being, how do I check that MI is not passing the blame, as no other TV or equipment has had any trouble ever due to voltage issue, at my house, been using Mi 55 inch TV too, and it's working fine.

What do you guys suggest I do in this situation, as it seems like my 1.3L has gone down the drain.

Hey everyone! Need urgent suggestions.
I purchased the TV in aug 2021, with extended warranty. The TV stopped working about a week back. When the technician visited, he said, that the Internal circuit has conked off due to voltage and it cannot be repaired.
He also said, it doesn't come under warranty!!

Now my point being, how do I check that MI is not passing the blame, as no other TV or equipment has had any trouble ever due to voltage issue, at my house, been using Mi 55 inch TV too, and it's working fine.

What do you guys suggest I do in this situation, as it seems like my 1.3L has gone down the drain.
Mi is best avoided, especially their costlier TVs. I too am stuck with a 65 inch which conked off. It broke down twice during warranty, which was thankfully replaced free of cost, but the third time, it was post warranty. Their TVs and panels have no QC whatsoever.

P.s. - I have a 32 inch mi TV as well which is working fine since the past 6 years so their budget TVs seem to be fine.

Mi is best avoided, especially their costlier TVs. I too am stuck with a 65 inch which conked off. It broke down twice during warranty, which was thankfully replaced free of cost, but the third time, it was post warranty. Their TVs and panels have no QC whatsoever.

P.s. - I have a 32 inch mi TV as well which is working fine since the past 6 years so their budget TVs seem to be fine.
What procedure did you follow for it to get replaced? Did you encounter any resistance from MI?

I would recommend to use stabiliser for all Expensive Electronics in India, as this will save us from repairs.
I did not do this for my last LG TV and Amplifier and both got repairs at various points in time.

For my new Mi TV, I am using Stabiliser and not faced issue till date.

What procedure did you follow for it to get replaced? Did you encounter any resistance from MI?
No resistance - Mi must also have realized that they were selling a cr**py product which is why they always obliged with a replacement, which was speedy to boot.

No resistance - Mi must also have realized that they were selling a cr**py product which is why they always obliged with a replacement, which was speedy to boot.
Agree....mine was replaced 3 times and there was a panel replacement 4th time in a span of 3 months from the date of purchase. It's been 2 years since then and it's fine .

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back