Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Hi everyone! First post here!

Just got a q1 75" like 6 months ago, everything have been smooth, except for 2 things that honestly, i cant understand how reviewers and people here dont seem to have noticed (or might be an issue with my unit, although I highly doubt it, given it is 100% a software issue). These are the issues:

1- Adaptive LUMA is ALWAYS ON throught HDMI inputs no matter if I have it turned off. When I change to another hdmi input or to yt or the main menu of the tv and then go back to any hdmi, adaptive luma will be ON no matter what, crushing blacks. So basically, I have to constantly turn it on and off every single time I swap from hdmi's, really sick of this.

I reset the tv 3 times and the issue is there. I had hopes the last update fixed it but nope!, The issue remains there. I have no idea where to make Xiaomi to ackowledge this issue tbh.

Anyone can check this please?

2- I have an old Denon receiver, and i pass sound through optical out to it. 50% of the times, the output to the receiver seems to be way too low, like the signal is very weak. So I have to open sound settings, change from passthrough to DolbyD and then it works fine. Another very cumbersome issue.

So guys, anyone is experiencing these issues?

Thanks!

What sofa to TV viewing feet distance for a 75inch!? SD dth channels looks good? Planning to buy ! Please help?
I'd say 9-10ft is good enough. You should not have to move your neck to watch the whole picture, that's about it.

SD channels will look terrible, do not waste money on this TV for SD channels. 720p onwards looks fine.

I'm using the built in apps, so have no HDMI inputs connected. Hence never faced issue #1.

Again - I'm using HDMI ARC to my Sony Home Theater - not faced issue #2 at all.

In summary - not faced either of the issues you're facing.
Thanks for the info mate!...anyway, could you please use some hdmi device to check if you have the issue?

Thanks again!

If anybody has latest firmware files for Mi Q1 75 (after v3270 (Oct 21 security patch)) , can you please inbox or share over here .

v3270 (Oct 21 security patch) is mostly at par if not worse than previous version. Its just boot animation upgrade and I didnot see any noticeable performance in the overall UI

Could anyone please check the issue with the adaptive luma being always set to "on" when switching between hdmi's?

Thanks!
Not happening with me. I have adaptive luma turn off and and swapping between hdmi inputs does not turn it back on.

2- I have an old Denon receiver, and i pass sound through optical out to it. 50% of the times, the output to the receiver seems to be way too low, like the signal is very weak. So I have to open sound settings, change from passthrough to DolbyD and then it works fine. Another very cumbersome issue.
volume output on optical is lower than ARC. thats the reason I use arc with my old pioneer VSX424 receiver.

Hi everyone! First post here!

Just got a q1 75" like 6 months ago, everything have been smooth, except for 2 things that honestly, i cant understand how reviewers and people here dont seem to have noticed (or might be an issue with my unit, although I highly doubt it, given it is 100% a software issue). These are the issues:

1- Adaptive LUMA is ALWAYS ON throught HDMI inputs no matter if I have it turned off. When I change to another hdmi input or to yt or the main menu of the tv and then go back to any hdmi, adaptive luma will be ON no matter what, crushing blacks. So basically, I have to constantly turn it on and off every single time I swap from hdmi's, really sick of this.

I reset the tv 3 times and the issue is there. I had hopes the last update fixed it but nope!, The issue remains there. I have no idea where to make Xiaomi to ackowledge this issue tbh.

Anyone can check this please?

So guys, anyone is experiencing these issues?

Thanks!

To be honest I have not checked or come across the 1st point of adaptive luma control. Not a geek and also not sure on how this really affects picture quality . Never actually bothered to get into finer details as long as the PQ was to my liking ....a quick question - Does adaptive LUMA being ON or OFF affect PQ ?

For the 2nd point , I agree with you . Sound via optical is low than HDMI for reasons unknown to me. Most likely could be s software bug with the TV. Ideally for old receivers which at least support ARC try doing a passthru from HDMI Port 2 to AVR . Sound is ok. If you use a FS or Google Chromecast 4k connected to HDMI 1 or 3 of TV , the sound output is even better (in passthru mode) thru AVR.

Not happening with me. I have adaptive luma turn off and and swapping between hdmi inputs does not turn it back on.

Are you sure?, I mean...just to clarify my point:

The problem is not that the "label" in the menu is not set to off when swaping HDMI's or from anywhere to an HDMI, actually the label in the menu says it is "off/disabled", the thing is, the effect is actually enabled even though it is labeled as disabled. It can be checked by enabling (then nothing happens becasuse it is already enabled) and then, if you disable after, you will probably see how the image changes (now it is really disabled).

To make this I recomend a still image with blacks on it.

Is that what you checked?

thanks!

To be honest I have not checked or come across the 1st point of adaptive luma control. Not a geek and also not sure on how this really affects picture quality . Never actually bothered to get into finer details as long as the PQ was to my liking ....a quick question - Does adaptive LUMA being ON or OFF affect PQ ?

For the 2nd point , I agree with you . Sound via optical is low than HDMI for reasons unknown to me. Most likely could be s software bug with the TV. Ideally for old receivers which at least support ARC try doing a passthru from HDMI Port 2 to AVR . Sound is ok. If you use a FS or Google Chromecast 4k connected to HDMI 1 or 3 of TV , the sound output is even better (in passthru mode) thru AVR.

Of course it affects picture quality. Everything will look much darker and it will mostly crush blacks...it MUST be disabled for a serious picture adjustment. In PS5 it is terrible and every single time I connect with the PS5 HDMI I have to enable and then disbale the effecto to get rid of it...is making me sick!!!

Of course it affects picture quality. Everything will look much darker and it will mostly crush blacks...it MUST be disabled for a serious picture adjustment. In PS5 it is terrible and every single time I connect with the PS5 HDMI I have to enable and then disbale the effecto to get rid of it...is making me sick!!!
I have the exact same problem every time I turn on my playstation 5. Don't think the problem was there before the update.

I have the exact same problem every time I turn on my playstation 5. Don't think the problem was there before the update.
For me it was before the last update so pretty much the same for you. This is a SERIOUS bug, how can we make Xiaomi to awkonwledge this?

I have a yellow tint in 4K uhd on any HDMI of my Xiaomi Q1 !!
how to fix? i can't even show proper RED (it's orange)
is this a bug?

Hi,

Do you know how to downgrade the firmware? I've got 5135, and I see some lag while streaming Netflix, sometimes Youtube... as reported by other users.
I would like to downgrade it to 3270. When I try it through recovery mode it tells me it's not an update (of course it's not) and I can't. Any suggestions?
Or any news about a new update?

Thanks,

Hi,

Do you know how to downgrade the firmware? I've got 5135, and I see some lag while streaming Netflix, sometimes Youtube... as reported by other users.
I would like to downgrade it to 3270. When I try it through recovery mode it tells me it's not an update (of course it's not) and I can't. Any suggestions?
Or any news about a new update?

Thanks,

I disabled a lot of background android system apps using ADB and also limited the background apps to 4 maximum (via developer options in android)
that almost completely removed the lagging and stutter in the native apps .. I still didn't find a solution for my yellow push however (on all my HDMI inputs in 4K UHD )
If someone can tell me how I can adjust the color settings for the Native apps like netflix etc.. I would be very happy.
I can't find it ...color adjustments only work for hdmi inputs it seems also no color adjustment possible in UHD profile.

I also tried connecting a Amazon FireTV 4K Max stick to the TV but then I get bad Netflix quality compared to the native app !
Netflix on the FireTV stick is not using 4k resolution , but I've set all my hdmi ports to hdmi v2.1!... (HDCP2.2. issue?)

Last edited:
I bought the TV 2 weeks back after reading this thread and I am coming from 7 years viewing LG OLED 55B6T
the TV had permanent burn in issues and screen loosing colour accuracy due to this. watching movies for 5 years made it have burn as cinema scope - ribbon band inbetween and messing up.

had to sell for 5K while I bought it for 2L in 2016 LOL.

I have decided to not buy a OLED after this bitter experience.

Coming Mi TV 75 QLED, the quality is acceptable for me, coming from OLED. not a deal breaker for the price.
Blacks are pretty good, I would say in Bright screens, it doesn't match up in clarity with OLED (its blown up white and looses details)
especially noticeable in Sky and Sun scenes in TOP GUN MAVERICK vs a OLED

overall I am still happy for the price and size of 75.
(Bought from Mi Directly, and I Paid 1.39L with 9 months No Cost EMI and 2 Years extended warranty free, which gives 3 years full coverage)

I find following settings good for my taste
1: Movie Mode or HDR / DolbyVision DARK modes
2: Noise and Motion settings OFF
3: Local Dimming, Dadaptive Luma,Local Contrast Control ON
4: GAMMA - DARK
5: HDMI Range & Colour Space - AUTO.

For HDR and Dolby Vision, I set Backlight to 90, Contrast @50 (rest settings at default)
for normal modes/4K I set Backlight to 80 and even 70(during night) as TV is very Bright, Contrast @40 (you can goto 30 also, if you find it brighter)

Here are some pics

Attachments

• IMG_8544.jpeg
    IMG_8544.jpeg
    529.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_8551.jpeg
    IMG_8551.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_8563.jpeg
    IMG_8563.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8564.jpeg
    IMG_8564.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_8565.jpeg
    IMG_8565.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_8569.jpeg
    IMG_8569.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_8570.jpeg
    IMG_8570.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 25
Are you sure?, I mean...just to clarify my point:

The problem is not that the "label" in the menu is not set to off when swaping HDMI's or from anywhere to an HDMI, actually the label in the menu says it is "off/disabled", the thing is, the effect is actually enabled even though it is labeled as disabled. It can be checked by enabling (then nothing happens becasuse it is already enabled) and then, if you disable after, you will probably see how the image changes (now it is really disabled).

To make this I recomend a still image with blacks on it.

Is that what you checked?

thanks!

I checked again properly, you are right, adaptive luma turns on automatically on every boot even though the label says 'Off'. I have to click on and turn on and again on turn off to properly turn it off. If I change HDMI sources, adaptive luma again turns on again even though the setting label says off.

Adaptive luma makes things very dark and kills a lot of detail. I'm surprised this isn't fixed yet.

I checked again properly, you are right, adaptive luma turns on automatically on every boot even though the label says 'Off'. I have to click on and turn on and again on turn off to properly turn it off. If I change HDMI sources, adaptive luma again turns on again even though the setting label says off.

Adaptive luma makes things very dark and kills a lot of detail. I'm surprised this isn't fixed yet.

Thanks for your time checking this!, glad to hear I'm not alone, so then we can conclude this is a common issue. What really puzzles me is how on earth this wasn't noticed by anyone?o_O, as described, it is glaring obvious that the blacks are crushed with the luma enabled and that's how it looks as soon as one changes from anything to HDMI or between HDMI's.

This should be reported to Xiaomi. To me, the most critical bug!!

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back