Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

I have attached the pic for reference. If you can see a vertical band like thing.

If you haven't already, If you can kindly run a color banding test from youtube and share your result. It can help me identify if my panel is faulty or not.

MI advertised so much about wide color gamut and motion handling coz of 120hz panel. But For my panel, the color handling is very poor and motion too. One of my main point to buy this was 120hz refresh rate as I watch a lot of sports.
But my TV is performing really poorly.

Reading all the good reviews everywhere and in this thread also, I am thinking, is my panel faulty? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks
That's extremely normal for local dimming no? Looks like regular blooming to me.

Turn local dimming off and you'll see that the whole screen will turn grey now just like around that loading bar.

Moreover I can see a vertical light or band in the middle of the panel on a black screen and vignettes on the edges on a white screen, will it be a problem in future?
This is also something I've recently noticed on mine - although I have 3 vertical lines on the screen when displaying very dark grey-scale screens (on all content - iTunes media, Apple TV+, YouTube, Plex etc).

Ok! So after a discussion with Mi and playing around with picture settings, some of my concerns ironed out itself.
Although there is still one which I am facing. Hoping for community members to give their valuable inputs

So I am facing a lot of noise in scenes, grainy scenes etc. It is same that I referred to pixelation in my earlier post. But it's not pixelation.
It's noise, a lot of grains.
It does not happen in all scenes but some, mostly but not limited to low light or warm light scenes. It's happening in DV content on netflix, on some of the HD and 4k contents too.
I have tried setting noise reduction to High, but it is not helping much.

Like in movie BECKETT available on netflix in Dolby vision, the picture quality is very bad due to noise ( mosquito noise in the scenes).

My question is there any picture settings that I can tweak to get rid of this?
Anyone of you faced a similar problem?

Ok! So after a discussion with Mi and playing around with picture settings, some of my concerns ironed out itself.
Although there is still one which I am facing. Hoping for community members to give their valuable inputs

So I am facing a lot of noise in scenes, grainy scenes etc. It is same that I referred to pixelation in my earlier post. But it's not pixelation.
It's noise, a lot of grains.
It does not happen in all scenes but some, mostly but not limited to low light or warm light scenes. It's happening in DV content on netflix, on some of the HD and 4k contents too.
I have tried setting noise reduction to High, but it is not helping much.

Like in movie BECKETT available on netflix in Dolby vision, the picture quality is very bad due to noise ( mosquito noise in the scenes).

My question is there any picture settings that I can tweak to get rid of this?
Anyone of you faced a similar problem?
Share the frame timings from the movie and I will share pic from my tv.

I'm facing a strange issue Kodi is showing that the screen resolution is 1920x1080 60FPS screenshot attached.

Attachments

• 20210821_140856.jpg
    20210821_140856.jpg
    499.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm facing a strange issue Kodi is showing that the screen resolution is 1920x1080 60FPS screenshot attached.
This is the resolution for the app and is perfectly fine. Once you play a HDR movie it shows 4k or HDR. My server is down, once up I will share the pic.

This is the resolution for the app and is perfectly fine. Once you play a HDR movie it shows 4k or HDR. My server is down, once up I will share the pic.
OK sir. Also I want to play a 163GB movie and don't have portable HDD so can we play it via plex like Can I install it on my Laptop and TV to play? Or there any other specific requirements.

OK sir. Also I want to play a 163GB movie and don't have portable HDD so can we play it via plex like Can I install it on my Laptop and TV to play? Or there any other specific requirements.

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have wired connection running between your Plex server on your laptop and router and from router to your TV. I didnot have option to run wired connection from my Plex server installed on my desktop and hence is used 5Ghz wifi . Given the size of the movie file you mentioned , you might have issues streaming this over a wireless connection. I am assuming that your laptop has a decent cpu and enough ram to meet the minimum requirements of running a Plex server

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have wired connection running between your Plex server on your laptop and router and from router to your TV. I didnot have option to run wired connection from my Plex server installed on my desktop and hence is used 5Ghz wifi . Given the size of the movie file you mentioned , you might have issues streaming this over a wireless connection. I am assuming that your laptop has a decent cpu and enough ram to meet the minimum requirements of running a Plex server
This TV like all other TVs only ships with a 100Mbps ethernet port, which won't be able to stream this movie. In that case, 5GHz WiFi will be the only way to play this movie as the bitrate is 185 Mbps assuming a 2-hour movie. Now, for this kind of bitrate you'll need a really fast WiFi router as 185 Mbps will go into the router from the server and 185 out to the client, totalling 370 Mbps.

This TV like all other TVs only ships with a 100Mbps ethernet port, which won't be able to stream this movie. In that case, 5GHz WiFi will be the only way to play this movie as the bitrate is 185 Mbps assuming a 2-hour movie. Now, for this kind of bitrate you'll need a really fast WiFi router as 185 Mbps will go into the router from the server and 185 out to the client, totalling 370 Mbps.
No it's a 4 hour+ movie.

Yes I can use the LAN ports and my laptop is bit old it has AMD A8 Quad Core CPU and 4GB of RAM.

Folks
I took the expensive way out and got myself a new Denon AVR S960h to counter my earlier problems with the Yamaha Avr. The receiver is eARC capable, but for now, my Mi 75 inch will not output ARC as my hdmi port 2 is dead (refer my numerous earlier posts). I am requesting anyone with a Denon 7.1 channel receiver to help me with the below:
1. With the Denon 4k/8k setting on enhanced, the picture on the tv blacks out every few minutes with my fire stick 4k and shield tv attached to the receiver. Hdmi out is a fiber optic hdmi cable that is 4k 60 hz compatible. I have also tested this with two other new 8k cables that exhibit similar behaviour
2. With the Denon 4k/8k setting on standard, the picture blinking and black screen stops on fire stick 4k, but continues on shield tv. I need to drop the resolution to 1080p 60 hz in the shield to counter this
3. I have tried switching off all video processing, manually changing hdcp setting in avr to 2.3, etc but to no avail. In standard 4k/8k setting, i don't get hdr though 4k 60 hz is possible but it defeats the purpose of using the avr as a hub for the best possible picture. This can't be a cable issue and i have tried everything in the AVR
Is this something to do with tv settings? How are you guys connecting your Avr to the tv and using as a dumb display? I am especially interested in Denon owners connecting here.

Cheers
Harsha

Folks
I took the expensive way out and got myself a new Denon AVR S960h to counter my earlier problems with the Yamaha Avr. The receiver is eARC capable, but for now, my Mi 75 inch will not output ARC as my hdmi port 2 is dead (refer my numerous earlier posts). I am requesting anyone with a Denon 7.1 channel receiver to help me with the below:
1. With the Denon 4k/8k setting on enhanced, the picture on the tv blacks out every few minutes with my fire stick 4k and shield tv attached to the receiver. Hdmi out is a fiber optic hdmi cable that is 4k 60 hz compatible. I have also tested this with two other new 8k cables that exhibit similar behaviour
2. With the Denon 4k/8k setting on standard, the picture blinking and black screen stops on fire stick 4k, but continues on shield tv. I need to drop the resolution to 1080p 60 hz in the shield to counter this
3. I have tried switching off all video processing, manually changing hdcp setting in avr to 2.3, etc but to no avail. In standard 4k/8k setting, i don't get hdr though 4k 60 hz is possible but it defeats the purpose of using the avr as a hub for the best possible picture. This can't be a cable issue and i have tried everything in the AVR
Is this something to do with tv settings? How are you guys connecting your Avr to the tv and using as a dumb display? I am especially interested in Denon owners connecting here.

Cheers
Harsha
I have X2700H and am not faciing any issue (do see my earlier posts about Yamaha AVR and subsequent upgrade to Denon)

Why don't you get the HDMI2 fixed on TV?

Try to go for Infinia when you do get one. I got the Diners Club Black 4 years ago because it was the better card at the time, but they slowly degraded the card to be worse than Infinia now. Earlier DCB had a limit of 50k points per month with a reward rate of 33%, with Infinia on 25k. Now the reward rate is 16.5/33% depending on the offer but the limit is only 7.5k per month on DCB and 15k on Infinia.

For example, right now everything on Amazon is at a 33% reward rate on top HDFC cards and if you spend over 50k, the reward rate is 50%! The only problem is that the total reward is limited to 17.5k on DCB and 30k on Infinia, and once you get it, the whole month's points quota is done and you go back to the usual 3.3%(still better than most cards).
I am using Infinia and would recommend this is the best CC. You can redeem points in flights or hotel. ( 1 point=1 Rs). Which means you could save almost 30+% in every deal though this is reduced to 15% beacuse of COVID but still no card can match this, sorry it was off topic but can save lot of money for lot of people. . Go check out full review at https://www.cardexpert.in/hdfc-bank-infinia-credit-card-review/

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back