Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Yes, everything works fine. Getting ATMOS on Netflix and that experience is surreal.

FS 4k video pass through is fine, but FS compresses the audio to DD+ which is not a perfect experience.

However, Tidal on TV breaks the eARC at times. Overall, native apps are bit buggy. I do have plans to get Shield pro soon.

Great to know. Is Atmos on Netflix encoded on DD+ or TrueHD. How many speakers you have for the setup. I saw the picture that you had posted earlier. Do you also have cieling mounted speakers for Atmos

Great to know. Is Atmos on Netflix encoded on DD+ or TrueHD. How many speakers you have for the setup. I saw the picture that you had posted earlier. Do you also have cieling mounted speakers for Atmos
Yes, have added two speakers on ceiling. Now its 5.1.2.

Not sure how Netflix is encoding ATMOS. Have yet to test the Kodi as my NAS has crashed and is awaiting motherboard replacement.

What are the issues you are having?
Outputting to a new Apple TV with stereo HomePods:

Video/audio misalignment with Dolby Atmos/Dolby Vision content (including on native TV apps as well).
Turning eARC/CEC on renders most of the TV remote useless, including not being able to access settings menus etc.
Now with eARC/CEC turned off (as I want to access menus and other things via the remote) the TV audio is always off and I have to manually keep going in to the audio settings and selecting "TV speakers" each time I switch back to the TV channels.

There's a list of bugs I've noticed so far in one of my previous posts on this thread.

Last edited:
Just installed the TV, can someone please tell me the best picture settings.

Also I am facing a lot of motion blur while watching Cricket matches from Sony Liv app any suggestions regarding, how to control motion blur.

UI is working without lags as of now. But i can see pixelation, it's there sometimes and absent sometime during the same scene. Even when dolby vision logo is present.

1080 content don't look that good though.

Is it same with all the panels or is there a problem with mine in particular.

PS: How do I check my TV's manufacturing date.

Thanks

Also I am facing a lot of motion blur while watching Cricket matches from Sony Liv app any suggestions regarding, how to control motion blur.

UI is working without lags as of now. But i can see pixelation, it's there sometimes and absent sometime during the same scene. Even when dolby vision logo is present.
All of these point to a poor internet connection, and not an issue with the TV. Move the TV closer to the wifi router, or move the router closer to the TV and try again. To debug, install a network speed monitoring app on the TV and run a speed test from there. It should clarify on the network issues (if any).

Thanks
Try a 4k video from YouTube. If it runs at 4k , no issues with your net speed.
If YouTube videos have a issue running 4k content and revert to lower resolution, use the hotspot on your mobile as the wifi connection and again try youtube 4k videos.
If ok then dont worry as sony liv has a history of poor signal quality.
Basically check your tv with YouTube 4k videos , unless you have a 4k blueray player , then you have more options.

Thanks

Sports on Hotstar and Sony Liv will have motion blur. I also have same issues. I now use DTH only for watching sports and i have not experienced any motion blur

Ok, for your info, watching live telecast over internet even in a leased line would have some latency and subsequent blurs. We have a very slow intercontinental gateway for internet hop speeds. People around Mumbai may have faster connections maybe to some extent. So no TV can help you there.

An update on the pricing front:
Chanced upon this offer on Flipkart till today: Partner Offer Get additional 4% off on this product
This combined with 5+2K off on HDFC card has resulted in net price of 1.16L for today.

What happened to ARC and eARC problem when connected to avr? Is it solved... Should I take this tv to use for marantz sr 6015 avr? Will eARC work with this tv and this avr? Will there be handshake issue?

What happened to ARC and eARC problem when connected to avr? Is it solved... Should I take this tv to use for marantz sr 6015 avr? Will eARC work with this tv and this avr? Will there be handshake issue?
Summary - eARC seems to be working fine with newer receivers. If someone else in your city has bought the Mi 75 (or there's a Mi showroom close by), see if you can take your receiver over to test it out before buying.

You are unlikely to run into issues with the modern AVRs supporting eARC. Infact I can recall somebody confirming a Marantz AVR with ARC only was working fine. I had dig deep into this issue and seems like mostly Yamaha receivers have this ARC handshake issue. If you are looking at Atmos setup , suggest to validate the AVR compatibility (more so if it doesnot have eARC). Else any old receiver with optical should do the job in case ARC is not working.

All of these point to a poor internet connection, and not an issue with the TV. Move the TV closer to the wifi router, or move the router closer to the TV and try again. To debug, install a network speed monitoring app on the TV and run a speed test from there. It should clarify on the network issues (if any).
Internet connection is working fine. I am running 4K videos on yoube.
I understand it is Sony liv problem then.

On a different note, I tried several screen tests available on youtube and the my TV did not perform well, especially the banding test.
It completely failed the banding test. There were huge pixelation and rings between colours and it looked really bad. I ran the test on standard settings with all extra features like luma n local dimming off.

Moreover I can see a vertical light or band in the middle of the panel on a black screen and vignettes on the edges on a white screen, will it be a problem in future?

Has anyone tried these tests? How do you guys consider the colour handling of your panel? Should I notify MI regarding this?

Thanks

It will be printed on the box.

Moreover I can see a vertical light or band in the middle of the panel on a black screen and vignettes on the edges on a white screen, will it be a problem in future?

Which video are you testing with. I dont see any on mine.. please escalate to MI.

I have attached the pic for reference. If you can see a vertical band like thing.

If you haven't already, If you can kindly run a color banding test from youtube and share your result. It can help me identify if my panel is faulty or not.

MI advertised so much about wide color gamut and motion handling coz of 120hz panel. But For my panel, the color handling is very poor and motion too. One of my main point to buy this was 120hz refresh rate as I watch a lot of sports.
But my TV is performing really poorly.

Reading all the good reviews everywhere and in this thread also, I am thinking, is my panel faulty? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20210816_135243.jpg
    IMG_20210816_135243.jpg
    898.8 KB · Views: 55
I have attached the pic for reference. If you can see a vertical band like thing.

If you haven't already, If you can kindly run a color banding test from youtube and share your result. It can help me identify if my panel is faulty or not.

MI advertised so much about wide color gamut and motion handling coz of 120hz panel. But For my panel, the color handling is very poor and motion too. One of my main point to buy this was 120hz refresh rate as I watch a lot of sports.
But my TV is performing really poorly.

Reading all the good reviews everywhere and in this thread also, I am thinking, is my panel faulty? Or is there something I am doing wrong?

Thanks

I don't see any issue on my TV

You better complaint to MI
20210817_055647.jpg

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back