Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

The second replacement got installed today. Did the initial test and everything seems to be in order. All HDMI and USB ports working , no dead pixel , scratches etc on screen. Hope the TV works well without any issues. While Mi support has been good, it has been a personal hassle. Manufacturing date is July 2021.

Just nitpicking but anybody noticed uneven panel gaps between the screen and bezel. Very slight ...not noticeable unless inspected very closely. Not really concerned as long I get a trouble-free TV.

Yeah. My tests where done way back it’s been more then 2 years and hence I don’t remember all the details. All I know and can assure is FS does not belong in an AVR set up. Even recently one of my friend was using a FS in his 5.1 avr+projector set up and I advised him to move to shield. He also after moving to shield gave the same confirmation that soundstage was very dull in the FS. My argument here is not about audio pass through which I know how it works.
From the info I gathered is that atleast for apple tv it does not do a bitstream to the avr it decodes the audio signal and passes it as pcm. And once it does that it can apply its own internal processing that enhances the sound before the avr recieves it.

This makes me believe it's not the firetvstcik4k that degrades the sound but some unknown tech/process in higher-end devices that enhances the sound before the avr recieves it. No one in reddit is sure either. Still waiting for responses.

Not sure on refund...would consider it as last option as long as Mi doesn't give up. After watching on 75 inch , it's difficult for me to move back to smaller real estate . The nearest 65 inch FALD Sony x9000H is 40K costlier than what I paid for this tv . Just wish that this would be the last replacement that they make.
I am exactly in the same boat since my second replacement tv too has had its hdmi arc port dinged when connected to my yamaha rxv475. Its difficult to go back to a smaller screen suze. There is some communication issue with my AVR and the yamaha service center is saying the only option is to change the hdmi board in the AVR, which has to be sourced from Japan. Mi has offered a refund that i have refused. They have been dillydallying for more than 7 weeks now, saying their factory team is doing a root cause analysis. I am using optical out from AVR with my shield tv and firestick 4k connected to the working hdmi ports in the tv. I have tagged their ceo and complained on the delay for a solution on twitter but i am beginning to get frustrated. Like neogen above, investing in an eARC receiver is an option, but i would hate giving up on an otherwise excellent existing AVR.

The second replacement got installed today. Did the initial test and everything seems to be in order. All HDMI and USB ports working , no dead pixel , scratches etc on screen. Hope the TV works well without any issues. While Mi support has been good, it has been a personal hassle. Manufacturing date is July 2021.

Just nitpicking but anybody noticed uneven panel gaps between the screen and bezel. Very slight ...not noticeable unless inspected very closely. Not really concerned as long I get a trouble-free TV.
Congrats again.

What is the OS version on July 21 manufactured unit?

I am exactly in the same boat since my second replacement tv too has had its hdmi arc port dinged when connected to my yamaha rxv475. Its difficult to go back to a smaller screen suze. There is some communication issue with my AVR and the yamaha service center is saying the only option is to change the hdmi board in the AVR, which has to be sourced from Japan. Mi has offered a refund that i have refused. They have been dillydallying for more than 7 weeks now, saying their factory team is doing a root cause analysis. I am using optical out from AVR with my shield tv and firestick 4k connected to the working hdmi ports in the tv. I have tagged their ceo and complained on the delay for a solution on twitter but i am beginning to get frustrated. Like neogen above, investing in an eARC receiver is an option, but i would hate giving up on an otherwise excellent existing AVR.

I have a Yamaha RX V375 and let me tell you there is not much you can do complaining to Mi. Had it been a universal issue with any AVR or ARC enabled soundbar , Mi would have tried a fix. But the fact that many FMs have confirmed that their old ARC enabled Reciever and soundbar are working perfectly fine gives Mi an escape path

A simple but not quite cost effective solution is to change the AVR and move to something which works with this TV. Else the only workaround that works is to toggle input once when you start the TV / Reciever.

For me I have found the FS to be least problematic and ARC seems to be working fine (after the initial input toggle ). No drop in audio , no delay etc. Only weird thing that happens is the amp always shows DD+ irrespective of the nature of source (stereo or DD).

As you mentioned ,I am finding it difficult to part with my fantastic Yamaha AVR which has worked flawlessly till date. How much has Yamaha quoted for the board replacement. Did you check if it can done locally . I would be keen to know on any progress that you make in this regard.

Last edited:
Ended up buying a Blu-ray player for Mi Q1 since I watch movies a lot.
It's ubp-x800m2 by Sony. Since blu ray player is still missing in this 84 page long thread, let's do this too.
For the price, 20k for the blu ray player and 13k for xm3 which I wanted for so long.

Attachments

• IMG_20210804_175655.jpg
    IMG_20210804_175655.jpg
    700.3 KB · Views: 48
A simple but not quite cost effective solution is to change the AVR and move to something which works with this TV. Else the only workaround that works is to toggle input once when you start the TV / Receiver.
If you consider the AVR replacement as solution to address the ARC issue, then its a pretty bad idea IMHO. My motivation to change the AVR got accelerated due to this issue, though prime reason was to go for ATMOS and have a relatively decent AVR to power my recently upgraded speakers.

I would thanks MI 75 for creating an opportunity to upgrade the entire chain in an extremely cost effective way. Next in line is to cut the Firestick 4K from the chain.

It's ubp-x800m2 by Sony. Since blu ray player is still missing in this 84 page long thread, let's do this too.
For the price, 20k for the blu ray player and 13k for xm3 which I wanted for so long.
I have the ubp-x800 that has been modified for all region playback. It doesn't support DV though.

What would happen if I play a disc that has DV? Would it play in SDR or fallback to HDR without DV.

I have the ubp-x800 that has been modified for all region playback. It doesn't support DV though.

What would happen if I play a disc that has DV? Would it play in SDR or fallback to HDR without DV.
Should not be able to play. Not even SDR, some weird looking purple green image. X800m2 supports DV though.
But if you play DV on Samsung, it pushes it to Hdr10+ so I think we need to support dynamic metadata.

I have a Yamaha RX V375 and let me tell you there is not much you can do complaining to Mi. Had it been a universal issue with any AVR or ARC enabled soundbar , Mi would have tried a fix. But the fact that many FMs have confirmed that their old ARC enabled Reciever and soundbar are working perfectly fine gives Mi an escape path

A simple but not quite cost effective solution is to change the AVR and move to something which works with this TV. Else the only workaround that works is to toggle input once when you start the TV / Reciever.

For me I have found the FS to be least problematic and ARC seems to be working fine (after the initial input toggle ). No drop in audio , no delay etc. Only weird thing that happens is the amp always shows DD+ irrespective of the nature of source (stereo or DD).

As you mentioned ,I am finding it difficult to part with my fantastic Yamaha AVR which has worked flawlessly till date. How much has Yamaha quoted for the board replacement. Did you check if it can done locally . I would be keen to know on any progress that you make in this regard.
17k for motherboard replacement. On your FS attached to AVR showing DD+, that's because the audio option in FS4K is probably set to best available. All non-dd + audio in FS4k is upconverted to dd+. This bleeds the vocals from center channel to L and R channels also, almost creating a 5 channel stereo effect. DD+ content is passed straight through and vocals are anchored to the center speaker as expected. There is no passthrough audio option in FS4k unlike the normal Firestick. This is a ghastly oversight on the part of Amazon.

How did you get the Wh-1000XM3 for 13k?

Dubai during prime day sale. In India it was 17k some days ago.
It's actually 16250 right now as well with SBI cards on Amazon. I already own one since 3 years(will probably last 5 more), was just curious about the price. If it was available at 13k right now, I'd get another one for a gift!

It's actually 16250 right now as well with SBI cards on Amazon. I already own one since 3 years(will probably last 5 more), was just curious about the price. If it was available at 13k right now, I'd get another one for a gift!
You are lucky one with credit card.
I am waiting for my FTE for having a HDFC credit card.

You are lucky one with credit card.
I am waiting for my FTE for having a HDFC credit card.
Try to go for Infinia when you do get one. I got the Diners Club Black 4 years ago because it was the better card at the time, but they slowly degraded the card to be worse than Infinia now. Earlier DCB had a limit of 50k points per month with a reward rate of 33%, with Infinia on 25k. Now the reward rate is 16.5/33% depending on the offer but the limit is only 7.5k per month on DCB and 15k on Infinia.

For example, right now everything on Amazon is at a 33% reward rate on top HDFC cards and if you spend over 50k, the reward rate is 50%! The only problem is that the total reward is limited to 17.5k on DCB and 30k on Infinia, and once you get it, the whole month's points quota is done and you go back to the usual 3.3%(still better than most cards).

Try to go for Infinia when you do get one. I got the Diners Club Black 4 years ago because it was the better card at the time, but they slowly degraded the card to be worse than Infinia now. Earlier DCB had a limit of 50k points per month with a reward rate of 33%, with Infinia on 25k. Now the reward rate is 16.5/33% depending on the offer but the limit is only 7.5k per month on DCB and 15k on Infinia.

For example, right now everything on Amazon is at a 33% reward rate on top HDFC cards and if you spend over 50k, the reward rate is 50%! The only problem is that the total reward is limited to 17.5k on DCB and 30k on Infinia, and once you get it, the whole month's points quota is done and you go back to the usual 3.3%(still better than most cards).
Thankyou man.

True, but there is a fundamental user experience problem with HDFC. One has to go through the smartbuy website before placing the order on Amazon to ensure 5x multiplier. You only realise that you missed once you receive such SMSs. This is really frustrating.
20210805_151306.jpg

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back