Xiaomi to launch Mi TV Q1 75" on 23rd March - QLED, 192 Zones, 120Hz

Peace bro ✌️. A post in reddit will getme all the answers
Incase you are wondering why I got the firestick when I was owning the PS4,Bluray player and with the the nvidia shield shipped,just like you I was also curious if a product that costs so less can perform well in an avr set up. Tested and failed, so sold it. MI owners once again sorry and didn’t mean to derail the thread. Now this thread has all the topics covered. Oled vs qled. Big three better then budget brands, Remember even seeing some post on iPhone lol and now FS hahaha.

Last edited:
Incase you are wondering why I got the firestick when I was owning the PS4,Bluray player and with the the nvidia shield shipped,just like you I was also curious if a product that costs so less can perform well in an avr set up. Tested and failed, so sold it. MI owners once again sorry and didn’t mean to derail the thread. Now this thread has all the topics covered. Oled vs qled. Big three better then budget brands, Remember even seeing some post on iPhone lol and now FS hahaha.
After reading all the arguments of Love4sound I was tempted to share my experience. The sound from Firestick infact does not sound good and lacks depth on an AVR. I am using firestick connected to a Denon AVR and its very clearly audible if you compare the same audio of a movie streamed from Firestick and then compare the same audio from film downloaded and played from a HArd Disk thru Media player (I use a Hi Media Q10 Pro ) . I have to increase the sound 10 levels higher to get the same sound output from Firestick as compared to a streamed file.

Thanks for pointing this out even if it is not relevent in this thread.

Can anyone confirm if the native 4k apps in the MI TV is better than Firestick 4k. I was about to purchase and now I need to think of another alternative to play 4 k

I am not a pure sound enthusiast but I could make out the difference for the past 1.5 years using Firestick.

@lightgamer I am finding ghosting in some of HDR movies. Do HDR content show ghosting?
Yeah it doesn't happen in every title but in some title it's definitely happening. I am talking about this. @lightgamer
That looks pretty bad and I haven't seen that yet. Can you confirm that it's not present in the content itself by playing it on the TV app or your PC?

If it's not present in the content, then this is a motion artifact which can be either caused by the source player or the TV using interpolation.

After reading all the arguments of Love4sound I was tempted to share my experience. The sound from Firestick infact does not sound good and lacks depth on an AVR. I am using firestick connected to a Denon AVR and its very clearly audible if you compare the same audio of a movie streamed from Firestick and then compare the same audio from film downloaded and played from a HArd Disk thru Media player (I use a Hi Media Q10 Pro ) . I have to increase the sound 10 levels higher to get the same sound output from Firestick as compared to a streamed file.

Can anyone confirm if the native 4k apps in the MI TV is better than Firestick 4k. I was about to purchase and now I need to think of another alternative to play 4 k

I am not a pure sound enthusiast but I could make out the difference for the past 1.5 years using Firestick.
For a fair comparison use the same source file and the same software (like Plex) with identical settings on both devices for playback. I am still searching why this happens though.

Comparing Web streaming on FS with downloaded file isn't fair. I have Bluray rips of some movies and they sound way better than any streaming content played from any app on any streamer device. There is just no comparison between the two.

Content streamed from most streaming platforms have poor audio due to compression applied to save size.

However I do agree that sound from FS isn't good.

Yeah it doesn't happen in every title but in some title it's definitely happening. I am talking about this. @lightgamer
I had seen far worse ghosting effect with some web series on my Q1. I can't recall the name of the series. It lasted for about 45 seconds. Every movement resulted in ghosting, even simple hand movements. Replays of the scene produced same effect. It wasn't one off.

I actually thought my TV went bad. But I saw that only with a specific scene.

For a fair comparison use the same source file and the same software (like Plex) with identical settings on both devices for playback. I am still searching why this happens though.
Comparing Web streaming on FS with downloaded file isn't fair. I have Bluray rips of some movies and they sound way better than any streaming content played from any app on any streamer device. There is just no comparison between the two.

Content streamed from most streaming platforms have poor audio due to compression applied to save size.

However I do agree that sound from FS isn't good.
To make the comparisons fair I installed plex in Ps4 and firestick. I had blu ray files and since plex doesn’t support lossless audio pass through in both Ps4 and FS it played them in DTS (don’t remember what FS played been more then 2 years) instead of DTS HD. Firestick played Dolby 5.1 through plex if I remember correctly again not sure and don’t remember.All devices connected to a Denon 2400. Also played the same content in a blu ray player using usb. Audio was good in both blu ray player and Ps4. Same movie scenes in FS I had to increase 10-15 dB compared to Ps4 and blu ray player. Even after a increase of 10-15 dB the soundstage was dull compared to Ps4 and Bluray player. Next I tested Jessica jones trailer and few other contents through Netflix in all the devices and the results where same. I did not compare local content with OTT. The AB tests where fair and apples to apples comparisons.

Last edited:
There’s definitely an ARC issue with this TV. I picked up a certified HDMI 2.1 cable as well to rule out any cable woes, and it still loses audio sync with the apple tv 4k and it only gets resolved with a reboot of the TV.

Very disappointing that something as basic as ARC is poorly implemented.
Might be specific to the Apple TV or your TV hardware issue. I use eARC with the Sony HT-RT3, and never faced any sync issues.

Absolutely. I will not term it as fault, rather a miss from MI to implement a basic thing properly.

It would be better, if MI start giving disclaimer that their product is not suitable for ARC.

BTW, of the 80% TV with ARC issues seems 60% belongs to MI.
I've mentioned this before - I use ARC with my Sony HT-RT3, not a single ARC issue so far.

What has been the status of the Mi TV Q1 75" in the last couple of weeks.
I have been holding off on the purchase due to the issues being reported so far.

Has there been any improvement in the software interface?
I don't see them being able to do too much on the hardware front until next year.

I plan to use an Apple TV as the primary source so may not be really affected.

What issues are you referring to? As a user of the Mi QLED 75 - I can share that I've faced no issues so far, and the picture quality is very close to OLED at one third the price.

To make the comparisons fair I installed plex in Ps4 and firestick. I had blu ray files and since plex doesn’t support lossless audio pass through in both Ps4 and FS it played them in DTS (don’t remember what FS played been more then 2 years) instead of DTS HD. Firestick played Dolby 5.1 through plex if I remember correctly again not sure and don’t remember.All devices connected to a Denon 2400. Also played the same content in a blu ray player using usb. Audio was good in both blu ray player and Ps4. Same movie scenes in FS I had to increase 10-15 dB compared to Ps4 and blu ray player. Even after a increase of 10-15 dB the soundstage was dull compared to Ps4 and Bluray player. Next I tested Jessica jones trailer and few other contents through Netflix in all the devices and the results where same. I did not compare local content with OTT. The AB tests where fair and apples to apples comparisons.
Here is my experience so far :

I watch only OTT content on TV and 60% of my viewing is music through YouTube. I have been using Samsung 4k 60 "Tv for 5+ years, Firestick 4K for 3 years and recently purchased Mi 75 for more than 2 months. When i started using FK 3 years back i could immediately feel audio degrade and never used FK for YouTube.

MI TV audio was much better than my Samsung TV and it was a pleasant surprise for me. Ideally sound should be the same as both are doing passthrough via ARC to my Marantz 7011 + Audiolab power, but it is not the case. I have no idea what is the reason behind it( may be different OS), but I know the difference is there. And the difference is not subtle at all. MI has superior midrange details.

The only purpose of FK is to play Hotstar and Sony Liv properly on Samsung TV. These apps never worked properly on Samsung tv for me.

Thanks

I had seen far worse ghosting effect with some web series on my Q1. I can't recall the name of the series. It lasted for about 45 seconds. Every movement resulted in ghosting, even simple hand movements. Replays of the scene produced same effect. It wasn't one off.

I actually thought my TV went bad. But I saw that only with a specific scene.
Yes that seems to be the case. I have tried intensive titles and had zero ghosting but some titles show this artifacts. Asked some people about it, it is more related to motion than panel. Haven't found a fix but it happens rarely so nothing to worry. Lately really enjoying Firestick.

The firetvstcik4k actually re-encodes all the dts audio to dolbydigital. I doens't support dts passthrough. In your case also it decoded the dts signal and converted it to dolbydigital for passthrough hence the issue.
Most of the replies in reddit also say there shouldn't be any difference unless the player is altering the stream which in this case firetvstcik is clearly doing.

But the sound issue with Netflix is something unexpected. Trying to get to the bottom of it.

The firetvstcik4k actually re-encodes all the dts audio to dolbydigital. I doens't support dts passthrough. In your case also it decoded the dts signal and converted it to dolbydigital for passthrough hence the issue.
Most of the replies in reddit also say there shouldn't be any difference unless the player is altering the stream which in this case firetvstcik is clearly doing.

But the sound issue with Netflix is something unexpected. Trying to get to the bottom of it.
Yeah. My tests where done way back it’s been more then 2 years and hence I don’t remember all the details. All I know and can assure is FS does not belong in an AVR set up. Even recently one of my friend was using a FS in his 5.1 avr+projector set up and I advised him to move to shield. He also after moving to shield gave the same confirmation that soundstage was very dull in the FS. My argument here is not about audio pass through which I know how it works.

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back