XMachina: An interesting automatic passive crossover design software

Vineethkumar01

Recently, I came across this thread on diyaudio about an automatic passive crossover design software called XMachina here: https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/316283-automatic-crossover-designing-xmachina.html
Software available here:

The software itself has been slowly evolving over the years and its latest versions has the ability to work with ON and OFF axis responses in crossover design.
I feel that this is very interesting work and a step in the right direction. Beginners DIY enthusiasts among us like me who are interested in passive crossover design maybe able to learn more about crossover implementations using this software along with conventional tools like XSIM/PCD/VituixCAD, etc.

I am still reading the original thread to understand more about its capabilities and learn more, if possible, start using it.
(I. myself prefer using DSP crossovers more due to their very "tweakable later" nature)

Disclaimer: I have no idea about how the subjective audio quality would be if crossovers are design using this software. I have not tried it. I may try it later. Please use it at your own risk.

Please do post about your experience with it if you manage to decipher it. I tried playing around with it when I downloaded it in 2019 (I think), my head spun very fast and I got a massive headache. o_O But it may have evolved since then and maybe good now in it's current avatar.

Please do post about your experience with it if you manage to decipher it. I tried playing around with it when I downloaded it in 2019 (I think), my head spun very fast and I got a massive headache. o_O But it may have evolved since then and maybe good now in it's current avatar.
Thank you for posting your experience. :)
For now, I too don't know in detail the usage complexity. Recently, I have been seeing good feedback about it on diyaudio.
But I will try using it as an academic exercise and post feedback here. :)
Personally, I like to use DSP crossovers just because of the freedom it offers with respect to all sorts of tweaking later and because I am a bit more familiar with DSP since I have to use it on a daily basis in my regular job, although in a completely different part of the electromagnetic spectrum :D

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back