Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

I have placed an order for eTRAYz with extremer.net for 84 Euros including the shipping costs and the order is shown as "Awaiting Fulfillment". I chose the option in which the eTRAYz was costing 59 Euro and booked before 1/11/2009.

I was looking at their forums for update on eTrayz. Apparently, there seems to be some discontent/anger in the xtreamer community after Xtreamer increased the price of eTrayz shipping from 20 Euros to 25 Euros. Oweing to this, Xtreamer has reverted back to their earlier promised price now. Strangely, there has been no announcement\update from xtreamer after the much awaited date (Nov 1st) which is leading to a lot of speculation. Read on....

Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Xtreamer eTRAYz - Announcement & Special Offer for customers

I have placed an order for eTRAYz with extremer.net for 84 Euros including the shipping costs and the order is shown as "Awaiting Fulfillment". I chose the option in which the eTRAYz was costing 59 Euro and booked before 1/11/2009.

Congrats Ashish. I intend to book mine too using the same route. I spoke to Sumit to check if I need any information from him. He confirmed that we need only the Serial No which is present on the Xtreamer itself.

i am also considering to order the same. So we only need to provide the serial no to process the order. As when i was reading on the site, they have asked to provide the order no for xtreamer for ordering the e-Trayz under special rebate program.Have a look at the link below -

http://shop.xtreamer.net/products/e...-placed-order-until-or-before--1.11.2009.html

Please Note : (1) once you place an order for this item you will be required to provide us order number of xtreamer. Our system can identify you by your account. this will allow you to benefit 40 Euro less than the listed price

(2) You will be required to pay the shipping.

(3) Your device will be sent only to the same address the Xtreamer Shipping Address in your Account.

(4) The Shipments will commence on the first week of december 2009.

(5) THIS PRICE IS APPLICABLE ONLY TO CLIENTS WHO HAVE PLACED THEIR ORDER FOR XTREAMER UNTIL 1.11.2009 AND

VALIDATED IN OUR SYSTEM BY OUR STAFF.

I was also surprised to the see the shipping go up as it did not make any sense why they did the same .They say its due to weight, but xtreamer weighs more than the e trayz so it does not make sense.

Santhol once u have ordered please give an update on the same.

Last edited:
Dushie, while placing my order for eTRAYz I wasn't asked about the details or serial number of the Xtreamer which I own and I was also surprised after reading the above facts quoted by you as well as on their site, so I re-inquired from Sumit at Xtreamer India and he told me that I could order directly with Xtreamer.net and on his part he has already sent the complete list of Xtreamer owners along with its serial numbers to the parent company. In my case I also sent them a mail through the contact link on their website mentioning my order no. of the eTRAYz as well as I provided my Xtreamer Serial number in that same mail. I hope this helps anyone who wants to order eTRAYz at the special price.

Guess we need to take the order no also from Sumit to be on a safer side if we are planning to order directly.

Is this the Beta version or the final one :)

Yes its the final once more details can be found below -
http://xtreamer.net/news.aspx?CatID=1008&ItemID=1363#1363

U can download the firmware from the below link -

http://xtreamer.net/download.aspx?CatID=1014

04 November 09
The long awaited official version 2.0 was released and ready for download.

What's new in this firmware

New features:

1. BD ISO playback support.

- Cant supports menu navigation.

2. Change from SD UI to HD UI.

3. DTS HD Master Audio down-mixing and pass-through.

- Pass-through(5.1ch )

4. Dolby TrueHD down-mixing.

- Pass-through(5.1 PCM format)

- Direct pass-through (5.1ch) will be prepared soon.

5. Internet Radio.

A. Internet Radio menu added in main OSD.

B. *MyRadio* link to MyRadio folder in internal HDD first partition root directory.

C. .plsx extension detection support for internet radio.

D. Same file format for .pls and .plsx

E. User can use internet radio files residing in their internal or external HDD.

6. Photo thumbnail display.(in Photo menu)

A. Preview button toggles between Preview off/Preview on/Photo Thumbnail in Photo menu if there is any photo file in that folder.

7. Network virtual Remote Control.

A. URL http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/rc for mobile device.

B. URL http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/rc2.

C. Multilanguage support from keybord to search, rename etc.

D. Usable from PC/IPhone/mobile hand phone(including web browser)

8. Hostname Change Support

A. Web setup->DDNS/Hostname

B. \\hostname (to access Samba share), http://hostname:portnumber (to access web service).

9. UI effect sound.

- Setup->System->Effect Sound.

10. Video playback window size decreased in internet menu.

- Press zoom button to switch to middle size, full screen, small Screen.

11. Zoom and navigation support for Weather map in internet -> weather menu.

12. Home menu UI can support multi language.

Improvements:

13. Improve HDMI compatibility.

14. Audio volume normalize.(except AAC, WMA pro).

15. Network playback streaming speed up.

16. Change Music Jukebox UI.

17. Change weather UI.

18. Change video playback information window.

19. Change wireless Network UI.

20. Increase subtitle window size

21. Changed loading image for internet menu.

22. Changed keyboard UI for internet menu.

23. Reduced changing time between wireless and wired network.

24. Language added (Arabic, Estonia, Hungarian, Slovenia, Vietnam) in web interface.

25. Internet Video preview displays current time/total time and progress bar with buffering bar.

26. Fan speed manual setting from 0 ~ 200.

27. UTF8/UTF16 auto detection when no selection of Unicode in SUB-T/ID3TAG .

28. After pressing Enter button on video file, direct playback while preview is on.

29. Detection of external ODD improved.

A. If cant detect, go to Home and press Eject. It will retry to detect.

B. To eject DVD go to Home menu and press Eject button(when DVD is detected).

30. Fast forward from 0.8x to 2.0x displays subtitle also.

31. Delete function added to remote control Delete (3) button.

32. Change folder/file list in alphabetically order.

- A, A1, C4, a2, b3 -> A, A1, a2, b3, C4.

Bugs fixed:

33. 24p cinema mode

34. FLAC file playback including id3tag.

35. Support MKV internal idx+sub subtitle.

36. Movie including FLAC audio codec playback support.

37. Sometime crashes when displaying Folder JPG in preview window.

38. Max 16 character input in keyboard changed to Max 128 character

39. Direct numbers input from remote control to keyboard.

40. DEL/SP key problem fixed for Chinese keyboard.

41. After returning from NAS Mode, photo crash problem fixed.

42. Audio file play problem solved from UPnP client.

43. Play/Pause both works for Internet Video playback.

44. Rumania code page changed.

A. ISO-8859-2 -> ISO-8859-16

45. Chinese missing character support.

46. Samba Share of windows 7 cant be seen.

47. Center alignment of Arabic subtitle.

48. No subtitle displayed while playing video if 1080P 24Hz set from setup menu.

49. WPA key 64 characters not display.

Last edited:
Is it any different from the beta version which ashish had downloaded a few days back............. or does this version O/P DTS-HD-MA and DD-T-HD-A as indicated in the features list.

thanks.

Just updated to firmware 2 and it's awesome, the HD menu and new icons look nice ... also fixed the subtitle problem i was having with movies @ 24Hz. The iPhone remote works great, but as expected slower than the regular remote.

Haven't tried the "improved" streaming of HD content over WiFi yet. Managed to play a couple of badly ripped divx files which were unplyable on the previous firmware.

Internet radio is workin great too.

These are the initial impressions, will update as I play along

Is it any different from the beta version which ashish had downloaded a few days back............. or does this version O/P DTS-HD-MA and DD-T-HD-A as indicated in the features list.

thanks.

Last Night I also upgraded to the official version from the Xtreamer site and to my surprise there is no difference between the beta version and the present official version i.e 2.0. Also there is still no news about the HD audio from the Xtreamer site and as of yet it downgrades to the lossy audio tracks.

An update of eTRAYz order:
I got an email from the Xtreamer team asking about the serial number and order number of the Xtreamer yesterday, to which I gave them the serial number of my Xtreamer and also wrote them that I didn't had any Xtreamer Order No. as I had purchased it from their Indian Subsidary i.e Mr Sumit at Xtreamer India P. Ltd, and against this I got a confirmation of my eTRAYz order today. I think that this should help anyone who wants to order eTRAYz directly and also wants to save 40 Euros.

Awesome this is good news, that by providing serial no and Sumit's reference we are able to order the same.

thanks.

Hi Aneel
If you would go through the links provided by me there they have clearly mentioned -

DTS HD Passthrough is ready. We are waiting for an approval from the DTS Labs to release it.

Thanks Ashish and Dushie, I shall book mine this weekend.

Off-topic: I am also waiting for xtreamer's IP camera for the way it works with etrayz.

Soon you will be introduced with our new Xtreamer PTZ IP CAM based on H.264 1080p resolution. the Xtreamer cam will allow you watch it on your TV throught your media player and it provides you with an easy and economical network video recording solution. By connecting Xtreamer or Axis IP cameras to the network and configuring the cameras in the eTRAYz you can watch the live-view of monitored area on a real-time basis, and schedule video recording in Continuous Recording Mode, Motion Detection Mode, or Alarm Recording Mode. In addition, you will be able to review the recorded video clips by searching or browsing the convenient Time Line bar. The eTRAYz supports upto 99 IP cameras .

Source: Xtreamer.Net - FAQ

Why I need this? I have posted this info in my Home Theater Thread below:
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...heatre-room-please-guide-me-18.html#post86100

Last edited:
Hi all,

I took the plunge and ordered, got delivery of Xtreamer today. As noted on this forum, the response speed for e-mails and phones was extra ordinary. Got responses in under 5-10 minutes.

Please advise, whether I should update to new firmware 2.0 immediately?
Any other first steps and advise? I have not yet opened the box

I am yet to get the optical cable, so will need to try right now with stereo analog out. I have an old bundled HDMI cable (came along with my Samsung DVDP HD-860. I intend to use optical out for the sound.

One thing is that when playing DVD on this Samsung DVD player, I get a message on TV (Samsung 720p) saying that "HDMI Audio Not Supported". Is this related to the TV or DVDP or the cable? Do you think I need to upgrade the HDMI cable also?

Thanks
Churfsan

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back