Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

So i see! Thanks Dushie. So if i connect the XMP to a CRT TV,will it downscale the HD Res to suit the CRT TV or how does this work?

will xtreamer work even without an HDD?

Will it wipe my data if I use an existing external HDD?
I have an 2.5" IDE but no sata available at the moment. Did not find any time at all today.

No, it will not erase data of your external hard disk / USB Pen Drive.

The day I got Xtreamer, I connected my Seagae Free Agent GO 250 GB which I have for my weekly backup.

I played most of the videos it had in various folders. It had MP3s and JPGs also. For trial I played all. And Hard Disk was intact with all data safe.

There is no reason why Xtreamer will wipe your data.

So i see! Thanks Dushie. So if i connect the XMP to a CRT TV,will it downscale the HD Res to suit the CRT TV or how does this work?

well , you can connect it to crt through RCA cables, you have stereo out and composite connection at the back of the xtreamer, also u can specify the video output settings to 4:3,16:9 or pan scan 4:3

ok - so got it installed in my home theater (wire and tape right now).
It doesn't really say that it can run without an hdd, and whether it will wipe out any content on an HDD. If this info was there on the cover, it would have saved me some time.
Currently it is a wire and tape arrangement because I do not have digital/ HD audio. My onkyo receiver is out of order, and I had to connect it to my HK stereo amp. Both hdmi cable and amp are quite far from each other - so to projector it is connected by composite, and to audio by RCA analog. Can not comment much on sound quality as I did not find enough time to do A/B with CDP.
I used a belkin 2.0 hub to connect with 2 external HDDs. One of them is a 2.5" IDE with a usb casing, no power supply - but xtreamer seems to power it quite well. Other is a freeagent 250G with its own power supply.
I am disappointed, as there doesn't seem to be a way to play internet radio as yet. I assumed it was already there - wrong expectations.
Upgraded to 1.3.1 firware - a factory reset and I was able to watch an FTV video - it was quite jerky though. I don't care much as my objective is to play music from local hdd via a good jukebox/ playlist application - and to play internet radio.
I checked NAS functionality and I was able to play a video in my windows media player over wifi. I need one squeezeslave on this device while I wait for etrayz. Or maybe their own jukebox app (there is one coming up, isn't it?) can be controlled via web browser (read ipod/ iphone etc).

Had some issues with the wifi adapter. It was not able to connect to my home network. I had to boradcast my ssid as there was no option to enter the ssid manually. But even then it didn't work. So I attached it to the usb port of my laptop and checked everything was working fine. Once confirmed, I plugged it into a different USB port on xtreamer and it worked! Both USB ports are fine now.
regards

Last edited:
guys,
simple option.
for 9490 u can get xtreamer.just search on ebay.in

Also, shop something else (500rs) in the same transaction and u will be elgible fofr diwali offer of 10k on ebay.in

I chose the moser baer dvd player.

So im getting an xtreamer and a 2k dvd player for 10k

good deal for me.

guys,
simple option.
for 9490 u can get xtreamer.just search on ebay.in

Also, shop something else (500rs) in the same transaction and u will be elgible fofr diwali offer of 10k on ebay.in

I chose the moser baer dvd player.

So im getting an xtreamer and a 2k dvd player for 10k

good deal for me.

I feel it is international product not covered by Indian warentee.
IMHO 1K for warentee is decent - also these products are too complex like PC's and a no.of things can go wrong!

IMHO 1K for warentee is decent - also these products are too complex like PC's and a no.of things can go wrong!

I second that . I myself am buying it from Xtreamer India coz there have been a few RMA's and some people also had to pay custom duties of Rs.2000 while getting it directly from the Int'l site.

Fully agree with International warranty's issue better off buying from India but the Indian distributors have become a little greedy i guess cuz they are charging around Rs600/- plus for shipping unfair very unfair..cuz the product has just been launched and also has some issues...My mail to India distributor and posting on Xtreamer forum (regarding E-Trayz) has not got any response surprising that the response for sales enquirys were very prompt,and were being responded in a few minutes to a couple of hours.:annoyed::annoyed:

Well, I also sent them an email couple of weeks ago asking about e-trays and I was immediately replied back that they will send an email to all their xtreamer customers in November to deposit money whosoever wants to buy etrayz.

About pricing they wrote:

"At this point of time, we have not decided on the prices but I can assure you that our pricing will be less than what xtreamer.net Indian customer will be paying (Basic Price+Shipping+Custom Duty)."

On Wednesday, my USB WiFi stopped working, I sent my employee to their office and they replaced it with brand new packed USB WiFi. Glad I bought from India and more glad that their office is in Delhi. :)

Edit: Today, I installed the new USB WiFi and found it is also not working. Then I realized that there is some problem with my home airtel wifi router. Feeling like stupid, sending my man all the way from south delhi to rohini. :annoyed:

Last edited:
On Wednesday, my USB WiFi stopped working, I sent my employee to their office and they replaced it with brand new packed USB WiFi. Glad I bought from India and more glad that their office is in Delhi. :)

Serivce does look teriffic but how did it fail so soon. I have belkin usb adapters and they have not given any trouble for past 2 years.

xtreamer is an international product sold only via their website.
There are no "official" distributors anywhere (ebay or otherwise)
These guys would have imported xtreamer themselves and sell it to you.(ebay guy wuld be doing the same)
as far as i know there is no india specific warranty.

If any problem comes in my Xtreamer and if it fixed/replaced right here in Delhi, that India Warranty is good enough for me.

@y3khunk
You joined just 2 days ago and have 2 posts. Your 1st post was to promote eBay seller and 2nd post was to discourage buying from Indian Distributor? Good going. :eek:hyeah:

xtreamer is an international product sold only via their website.
There are no "official" distributors anywhere (ebay or otherwise)
These guys would have imported xtreamer themselves and sell it to you.(ebay guy wuld be doing the same)
as far as i know there is no india specific warranty.

I disagree with your views. There is a site Xtreamer India. I do not think anyone would open a site until authorised by the Company. Xtreamer India is the official distributor all right.

If any problem comes in my Xtreamer and if it fixed/replaced right here in Delhi, that India Warranty is good enough for me.

@y3khunk
You joined just 2 days ago and have 2 posts. Your 1st post was to promote eBay seller and 2nd post was to discourage buying from Indian Distributor? Good going. :eek:hyeah:

ok.first of all i'm not promoting ebay seller.

I have ordered mine and have not even got delivery yet.(expected to get this moday).

I doubt xtreamer.in is an official website maintained by xtreamer.net
I also doubt if that guy is an "authorized" dealer.He might just be importing it and reselling the product here. I doubt xtreamer has sales/service operations in India.Frankly I just don't know.(I have mailed xtreamer support guys of the indian website to ask them if its genuine btw).
Genuine in the sense, im not doubting that it's a fraud since many of u have bought from that website.Doubting in the sense, if it's connected in any way to official xtreamer company at all.

Xtreamer is able to give such a good price because they sell through internet only cutting/saving dealer/reseller etc margins.Hence the doubt.

Only reason I mentioned ebay is, anyone who is courageous (enough) can buy through ebay and can make use of diwali offer (any of the gifts mentioned on ebay) when they buy more than 10k(or 5-10k)

diwali offer is given by ebay and not by seller.
Thought it was a good deal and others might want to look into it.Hence shared it here.In fact if my post looks like marketing to any of the honorable members here, please delete it by taking it up with the admin.

I derive no pleasure in promoting one guy whom i don't know and discouraging the other guy whom i don't know either

please buy from the indian "distributor".I highly recommend that if you aren't comfortable with international shipping.Who cares??

everybody joined the forum at some point or other and at some point were "2 days" or "2 posts" old here.
what's that got to do with anything?

There is always the risk of attracting custom duties as its shipped directly to you as per ebay seller. Some guys who ordered directly hd to pay sutoms of Rs.2000/-. Morever, Xtreamer is at a very early stage and service backup is a must.

Ebay seller provide dealer warranty and in most cases , ebay dealers disappear or changes his mobile/user id after 4-5 months. hence their warranty is a joke.

Just my view on the matter. Ofcourse, everybody is free to his own opinion.

There is always the risk of attracting custom duties as its shipped directly to you as per ebay seller. Some guys who ordered directly hd to pay sutoms of Rs.2000/-. Morever, Xtreamer is at a very early stage and service backup is a must.

Ebay seller provide dealer warranty and in most cases , ebay dealers disappear or changes his mobile/user id after 4-5 months. hence their warranty is a joke.

Just my view on the matter. Ofcourse, everybody is free to his own opinion.

I agree.warranty can be a problem if product develops some defect and needs replacement.

Even if the seller is honoring the warranty, it can still be an issue since shipping costs can be steep.

As for the customs duty, I will get to know once I receive the product.

Well here is what i think ...
I have been interacting with Sumit from NV trading from the time they launched the product in India. Here is my feedback for the same -

1. The support and feedback is excellent
2. Pricing is good as they are willing to help in any warranty issues and provide support
3. It's better to buy from xtreamer India , you ask me why because many others have bought and are buying from them and till now i have not heard of anyone facing any issues with the product or doing a RMA.
4. Ajay's example is classic, where they changed the usb antenna right away, how many others would do that so fast and without a fuss i doubt that.
5. Everyone is entitled for their own opinion, Hunk may have got a good deal from ebay so he is informing about the same which is good.

Personally i feel it's better to be safe than sorry, i have written this before and i am writing it again,i had a friend coming from Amsterdam who could have got the xtreamer for me for 8.5k.

But i didn't want to take a risk, so bought it here from xtreamer india for peace of mind. I am very happy with the same and it was the right decision for me in the end.

Also to add on the same, as a special gesture xtreamer india is sending out optical or hdmi cable as a free gift to show their token of appreciation to some customers and i am one of them.

The above clearly shows their commitment towards the product and thier customers. I have also asked them to get details for E-trayz as we should do a bulk order booking for the special price for the early bird users of xtreamer.

Got my Xtreamer today:yahoo:
Had paid (Xtreamer India) on Sunday and the unit was dispatched yesterday. Very prompt service. Am Xtremely happy:D

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back