Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Good analysis. This is based on an email I got from Xtreamer India about the price details of eTrayz. See a part of the mail below...

For our valued customers like you, eTRAYz will be available for Rs.8,440/-. This includes shipping charges of Blue Dart....

This price is for only those customers who have bought Xtreamer from us before 01-Nov-2009. The regular price will be same as of Xtreamer, i.e., Rs.10,640/- including shipping charges of Rs.650/-.

If you think that price is slightly higher, this is because the discount is only on the product and not on three major components: shipping charges (from overseas to India), custom duty and local courier charges.

Hopefully, eTRAYz will be delivered at the doorstep of interested customers in 3rd week of November, 2009.....

I also got the mail, also for early bird customer a discount of another Rs 250.

I feel the pricing is on the higher side. as per my previous calculation it should have costed around 7k change.

Still those who can afford to spend will go for the same.

As after buying this another 2.5 k one would need to spend to add a 500gig hdd,

Last edited:
Re: Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) eTrayz

I would loved to have it for around 7 - 7.5k. :(

But in xtreamer.net price, r v forgetting custom duty?

I think, I will talk to Sumit and ask him to reduce the courier charges whatever they are paying to Blue Dart as I can get it picked up.

Seeing the warranty ease, I will still like to buy it from Xtreamer India and after talking 2 Sumit tomorrow, probably, I will transfer funds. :)

Even though the original cost is coming out to 79 euros, which is around Rs 5530 which includes shipping from xtreamer.net.

I would loved to have it for around 7 - 7.5k. :(

But in xtreamer.net price, r v forgetting custom duty?

I think, I will talk to Sumit and ask him to reduce the courier charges whatever they are paying to Blue Dart as I can get it picked up.

Seeing the warranty ease, I will still like to buy it from Xtreamer India and after talking 2 Sumit tomorrow, probably, I will transfer funds. :)

For a 5k product i don't feel the custom duty can be so high to push up the cost by nearly 3k and ajay if u look at the analysis done by me earlier, if we could get a 120 euro product in 10k, for an 80 euro product the cost should come down by at least 2.5k is not more. the duty and other stuff was there earlier also when we bought our xtreamer.

Also if it is a bulk order then pre order benefit should be passed to the customers...

Ideally the cost should have been between 7 to 7.3k .

Thats what i feel personally ...

Last edited:
recieved xtreamer and everything is working fine.
total amount I spent was 9490 including shipping.

I mailed xtreamer.in guys and they said that they will give service to xtreamers not bought from them too.No warranty though.For that I would have to contact my seller or company.

If that's a risk anyone is willing to take then it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm happy till now with the while experience

eTrayz is being offered at Rs 8440 including shipping by NV trading for existing xtreamer customers. There are some additional discounts for first few orders.

R u sure about the pricing as it seems on the higher side.(What's the source for this news ?)

Even I got same email from Sumit yesterday. The early bird discount is Rs.250 for first 10 customers. My views are similar to Dushie's. I shall wait and not go in for the early bird discount.

Last edited:
Guys I recd. my Xtreamer yesterday and I have set it up in my system. I would like the help of its existing owners to let me know how to programme my Logitech harmony remote model no. 525 to work with Xtreamer as I don't want to use 2 remotes at once. I have tried logitech's website and when I did the programming there are no options shown on the Harmony remote when its selected.
Also I would like to ask you guys that does it play apple lossless audio files? since its website mentioned that it supports m4a format files but I am unable to play them as of yet. When I spoke to sumit about it today then he said he doesn't know much about it but recommended me to do a firmware update to check this file type compatability with the Xtreamer.

Ashish
i also need to cnfigure my URC one for all for the same, as of now i am also searching for the codes for the same.

I feel lot of users are using it with logitech harmony,incase no one has the details here just Google u should be able to find the details online

I believe you can go online and configure the remotes, the codes are available now on the Logitech site.

Last edited:
Ashish
i also need to cnfigure my URC one for all for the same, as of now i am also searching for the codes for the same.

I feel lot of users are using it with logitech harmony,incase no one has the details here just Google u should be able to find the details online

I believe you can go online and configure the remotes, the codes are available now on the Logitech site.

Thanks for your response to my question. I have been able to configure my Logitech harmony remote yesterday the option lies under the media server pc on the Logitech's website, Its working fine now and I must say that the range is better than the Original remote.

I would also like to put an update here to my Xtreamer Experience.
Yesterday I performed the firmware update on the unit from 1.02 to 1.03.1, after this update I have noticed that media handling has improved to some extent but the unit now freezes sometimes, also I am not able to use the Internet option on the main menu, as soon as I select that option the unit shows the processing of that option but then nothing happens further.

I would also like to ask its existing owners about the usage of eTrays and how could it benefit us. I tried serching the extreamer forum but I could not find a suitable answer to this question of mine. I know that it could accomodate 2 HDD in it, and it could act as a NAS but apart from that what else? How would it connect to the Xtreamer and if wirelessly then wouldn't it have problem of streaming Large files over the wifi network? Also how to configure torrents onto it?

Sumit, this is a good move, as lot of users like me, were surprised on the pricing,
It is good that a clear picture has been provided with approach to the same.

This once again reflects the commitments and support that is being provided by Xtreamer india for local customers.

Yesterday I performed the firmware update on the unit from 1.02 to 1.03.1, after this update I have noticed that media handling has improved to some extent but the unit now freezes sometimes, also I am not able to use the Internet option on the main menu, as soon as I select that option the unit shows the processing of that option but then nothing happens further.

I would also like to ask its existing owners about the usage of eTrays and how could it benefit us. I tried serching the extreamer forum but I could not find a suitable answer to this question of mine. I know that it could accomodate 2 HDD in it, and it could act as a NAS but apart from that what else? How would it connect to the Xtreamer and if wirelessly then wouldn't it have problem of streaming Large files over the wifi network? Also how to configure torrents onto it?

I am using the default firmware has not upgraded to the latest one, as i am not using the internet video option, as of now i am happy with the 1.02 firmware it seems to be working fine.

Etrayz can benefit us in the following ways =

1. It is a NAS device, you can add 2 hdd of a max of 2 TB of space.
2. E-trayz connects to the network, from there u can directly copy all the files to the hdd on etrayz and play them back from xtreamer
3. u can also configure etrayz for torrent downloading as it comes with a bit torrent client.

There is plenty of stuff about e trays, please get details from the link posted below -

Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Xtreamer eTRAYz - Announcement & Special Offer for customers

Last edited:
Thanks for your response to my question. I have been able to configure my Logitech harmony remote yesterday the option lies under the media server pc on the Logitech's website, Its working fine now and I must say that the range is better than the Original remote.

Fir my URC 7950, i was not able to find any codes, so i did it the old way using the learning method and configured the common buttons i would use often, as of now it seems to be working fine.

[/B said:
Our purpose is not make money in bringing eTRAYz for our Indian customers We are more willing to get them their desired product more conveniently with India warranty.[/B]

If you feel that buying at Euro 59+20 is better for you, we have made an arrangement with Xtreamer Global, i.e., Xtreamer.net, that we will provide the serial numbers of all the units sold by us in India to Xtreamer Global and our Indian customers can buy eTRAYz at Euro 59+20 from Xtreamer.net by entering their product serial number at Xtreamer.net.

This shows our strong partnership with Xtreamer Global and our commitment towards our Indian customers.

However, we will not be able to provide warranty for products bought from Xtreamer.net and you will have to directly send the product to them in case you need warranty.

As per our calculation, if you buy directly from Xtreamer.net, the price including custom duty should be approximately Rs.6,860/- (Rs.5,609/- plus Rs.1,251/-)

Iam quiet surprised and Amazed that Xtreamer india is not wanting to make any money for the products they are selling (there words not mine) and in end of the above they have given a calculation of direct import from there prinicipal where they are making a cool profit of Rs.1580/- which is roughly 20% the value of product including all taxes and shipping. also pl consider that these figures are for a retail consumer there Indian agents/Distributors will have leverage of quantity purchases,where the profits will go up further.Iam not against they making profits at what ever % they want to retain but saintly and lofty statements like not wanting to make money.

i guess the success of there product in which this forum has a large role has made them very generous as to make lofty statements like not wanting to make any profits...my question is very simple "Why pay MOre"

Last edited:
for me a wise and more VFM and useful investment instead of a NAS would be buying two 1TB external Hdds for avg Rs.4800/- each,and using them for storage and play back of my content pl also remember that the NAS being offered is without any storage so if you want any storage that would mean extra investment in HDD/s.

also while browsing ebay-india in there global buy i did see a few NAS going much cheaper for around Rs.6500/-or Rs.6800/- door delivered all inclusive to your home in 5 to 15 days where as E-trays would be available only in 3rd week of Nov according to there India Distributor/Agent,and xtreamer has quiet a reputation on bad/delayed shipments.

that's a very genuine concern. what is the value add? I am also wondering the same.
One value add is that noisy/ hot HDD can be moved away from view in your main listening watching area. How much is that a concern? To me it isn't a big one.
Another one is that your distribute the processing - your NAS box can run squeeze center, while your xmp just plays the media over wireless. It can also be used to support multiple squeezeboxes/ xmp for different rooms in your house. I am sure the sc can also run on the xmp - but may result in stuttering etc. But I hope to try this before jumping on the etrayz.
I was trying to copy files to a USB HDD shared via XMP while playing a song and it resulted in stuttering. It was not able to handle a lot of data transfer load, while also giving CPU to play songs.
Again, I am not sure if etrayz would run out of breath for 2-3 streams.

regards

I have been able to solve the problems I had earlier after the firmware update, all I needed to do was the factory reset the device and that did it for me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back