Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Got a question. Can the Xtreamer do net radio? If yes, how do I go about it?

Xtreamers new Music BOX will be released in firmware version 2.0 that will be available 12.10.2009.

The MusicBox will support internet radio both live streams and shoutcast based streams as well as will be better for full music playback. Local HDD/USB stored music will also be supported. In a later stage of the project they will even add an iTunes-server functionality.

You will be able to play the entire content of music folder by clicking PLAY button while your focus will be on the folder you wish to play its inside content.

The navigation will be as easy as clicking the arrow keys on your Remote.

The left / right panes will be flipped with animation so not always visible.

Updates on this project will follow soon!

Xtreamer: New internet radio & Music BOX | colombeen.be

Hello all,

I am planning on buying the Xtreamer and have a couple of noob questions - I'm hoping you can help resolve the following:

1) I have movies stored on my pc. Can i play them through Xtreamer without having to copy them to an external hdd/ usb and then connect it to Xtreamer?
a) If yes, can i access movies/ folders/ my PC (literally!) directly from Xtreamer (using the remote control)? OR is that i need to open the movie on my PC and click PLAY and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer.
Note: I'm using Windows XP SP3 as opposed to Windows Vista (if that helps)

2) Can i stream LIVE football matches/ television shows/ content that does not air in India, from the Internet using Xtreamer? I can do this directly on the pc, but nothing like a 42" experience !
a) If yes, can i do this directly from Xtreamer using the 'Net' option from the menu? OR do i need to go to my pc, type the URL and then wait for it to stream/ project on the LCD tv via Xtreamer
b) Do i need any additional software for this? Heard of something called TVersity but not sure if this is the correct use of it..

Would be great if i could get some confirmation/ comments..

Many Thanks.

Cheers!

@ Dushie - your posts above have been very helpful.. clarified a lot of other questions i had in mind :)

Apologies if this has been covered before in this thread...

Does the Xtreamer come with an Indian voltage adapter or is it a US 110v version with a stepdown transformer? The web site doesn't seem to specify and I was wondering if we are being offered a US import.

Apologies if this has been covered before in this thread...

Does the Xtreamer come with an Indian voltage adapter or is it a US 110v version with a stepdown transformer? The web site doesn't seem to specify and I was wondering if we are being offered a US import.

We are getting the US imports but the adapter is supported for both 110 - 220 V.

I think what we are getting is not US import.

The packaging is global with 2-3 power plug converters so that in can be used in all continents/countries.

Its 14th Oct in most countries and still no 2.0 firmware update from Xtreamer or any info another example of non-serious commitment towards customers????? if the firmware is not ready at least the information has to be posted for customer.Good product bieng ruined by un-professional employees.:mad:

Well i feel lets be patient, if you look at it from another angle, if they just release the firmware update for the heck of it to meet the timelines and it does not bring about many improvement or changes in the unit, its not worth it.

So lets wait and watch for an update,

*Sorry if I have posted my Q in the wrong thread*

Need your thoughts on this -
I don't have a HT setup or a HD TV. What I have is a decent 2 channel setup, a 29'' CRT and quite a bit of downloaded stuff (music & movies). Would it make sense for me to put down my money on Xtreamer or should I hang on till I upgrade my setup (can't see that on the horizon)? Maybe by then, they'd have released the next gen of Xtreamer.

Tx
:cheers:

For watching on a 29" CRT, its better to avoid xtreamer, if yuo want to play and files you can do that with any USB drive dvd player which can play divx files of a thumb or portable hdd, why spend 2 times more to go for a media player.

Later on once u have upgraded the setup, then you can go for the same

Just wanted to check up if anyone has ordered the e trayz yet,

As now both options would be there, to order directly or to order from xtreamer india.

Later on once u have upgraded the setup, then you can go for the same

Thanx for the sound advice. That's been the niggle on my mind also...however there's also the gadgetitis itch...been looking for a solution to play my media files from the laptop/external drive on my stereo setup :D

Thanx for the sound advice. That's been the niggle on my mind also...however there's also the gadgetitis itch...been looking for a solution to play my media files from the laptop/external drive on my stereo setup :D

For stereo this is the last thing you wanna do. rather get a good sound card and connect your lappy directly to your stereo, it will sound 1000 times better man. The Xtreamer, WD etc dont have very good music capabilities and very poor DACs

You got a point Madbull...perhaps a USB dac would be a better option for audio.

I think we've digressed a bit from the original topic, so I now had the thread back to the proud owners of xtreamer and get in line and wait for my turn :D

Friends,
Bought my XMP last week ahead of LCD & HT.
Special thanks to all members . (If not for this forum I would have ended up buying a DVD Player to play my movies & music through USB port)

Tested the player with my old CTV for movies & music. It gave me full satisfaction.
But still the following test is pending,
Through wifi antenna of XMP I have no clue as to how I should connect my media Player
  • Q1)with my modem
  • Q2)and with my Laptop

Please guide me.

Last edited:
hi,

can anybody conform playing of DD-TrueHD and HD-MA through Xtremer(could be via an AVR). Has anyone done real-time test of the same. (no spec directions please). OR If anybody in B'lore has the Xtremer, I can get the sample video with the above codec to test........I'm very curious about this.

thanks.

hi,

can anybody conform playing of DD-TrueHD and HD-MA through Xtremer(could be via an AVR). Has anyone done real-time test of the same. (no spec directions please). OR If anybody in B'lore has the Xtremer, I can get the sample video with the above codec to test........I'm very curious about this.

thanks.

thanks aneel -
this is same question i was having
if it is possible i was planning to dispose my wdtv and buy xtreamer

Just wanted to check up if anyone has ordered the e trayz yet,

As now both options would be there, to order directly or to order from xtreamer india.

Apart from the link on the xtreamer forums, is there any other link providing more info on the Etrayz? I am interested in buying one, but am just waiting for user reviews (after product launch).

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back