Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

I received my Xtreamer on Friday and have been playing different formats for the last two days. It is a nice product and Sumit is really easy to deal with. I bought it through the deal on Techenclave i.e, Optic Fiber Cable + Wireless Antenna free for Rs.10,600 shipped.

Frankly, I don't care who provides the warranty and servicing as long as it is good. Kudos to N.V Trading for bringing such a nice product to India:clapping:

I too need an etrayz! and for cheap :)

Well here is what i think ...
I have been interacting with Sumit from NV trading from the time they launched the product in India. Here is my feedback for the same -

1. The support and feedback is excellent
2. Pricing is good as they are willing to help in any warranty issues and provide support
3. It's better to buy from xtreamer India , you ask me why because many others have bought and are buying from them and till now i have not heard of anyone facing any issues with the product or doing a RMA.
4. Ajay's example is classic, where they changed the usb antenna right away, how many others would do that so fast and without a fuss i doubt that.
5. Everyone is entitled for their own opinion, Hunk may have got a good deal from ebay so he is informing about the same which is good.

Personally i feel it's better to be safe than sorry, i have written this before and i am writing it again,i had a friend coming from Amsterdam who could have got the xtreamer for me for 8.5k.

But i didn't want to take a risk, so bought it here from xtreamer india for peace of mind. I am very happy with the same and it was the right decision for me in the end.

Also to add on the same, as a special gesture xtreamer india is sending out optical or hdmi cable as a free gift to show their token of appreciation to some customers and i am one of them.

The above clearly shows their commitment towards the product and thier customers. I have also asked them to get details for E-trayz as we should do a bulk order booking for the special price for the early bird users of xtreamer.

Got my Xtreamer today:yahoo:
Had paid (Xtreamer India) on Sunday and the unit was dispatched yesterday. Very prompt service. Am Xtremely happy:D

Shuv, congratulations on your purchase, welcome to the family, your statement proves what i have been saying that the service and commitment from Xtreamer india is very good. Let's hope they continue to maintain the standards they have set as it would be beneficial for us end users of the product.

Do give a feedback on the same once you have set it up

I too need an etrayz! and for cheap :)
Me too. Since we bought it within November, I hope we qualify for the 58 Euro offer price that is mentioned on the Xtreamer Forum.

Anyone checked with Sumit on eTrayz? Like Dushie suggested, we can do a Group Buy if it helps.

Good ,as of now we have 4 users who are interested in buying the E-Trayz.

1. Dushie
2. Ajaydelhi
3. Anm
4. Santhol

This is a good start, if we have any more members we can add to the list and we can ask Sumit at Xtreamer India to negotiate on the pre order price and order for us in bulk while the offer is on.

Just an update for everyone i just spoke to Sumit and the news is he has pre ordered some 50 peices for E-trayz for the indian customers which he will be receiving in November once the official launch happens. He will be sending out emails to all customers who are interested in buying the same.

Also over 350 pieces of Xtreamer have been sold in India already... so that is something to cheer about on our growing xtreamer family.

Last edited:
@ Dushie - Thank you:). I usually try not to buy anything from the net/long distance. Haven't had any pleasant experience... till now that is. Even all my Amazon shipments were delayed. So, getting delivery on the promised date is really nice.

I would like to go in for the eTrayZ as well, depending on the price.

Feedback coming up soon.

Well regarding the pricing part, Sumit has not committed anything yet, but it could cost between 7 to 8k. He would be updating the final pricing through email once he has confirmation on the same.

Good ,as of now we have 4 users who are interested in buying the E-Trayz.

1. Dushie
2. Ajaydelhi
3. Anm
4. Santhol

This is a good start, if we have any more members we can add to the list and we can ask Sumit at Xtreamer India to negotiate on the pre order price and order for us in bulk while the offer is on.

Just an update for everyone i just spoke to Sumit and the news is he has pre ordered some 50 peices for E-trayz for the indian customers which he will be receiving in November once the official launch happens. He will be sending out emails to all customers who are interested in buying the same.

Also over 350 pieces of Xtreamer have been sold in India already... so that is something to cheer about on our growing xtreamer family.

Dushie im also intrested in e-trayz count me in .

Xtreamer review by a newbie:

Media: Black Hawk Down, Saving Pvt. Ryan, Transformers, Sin City, Scorpions Acoustica. All .iso files ripped with DVD Shrink. Movies @ 100% without extra features. Audio DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1.
Mp3s ripped @ 320 for car use > Straits, Who, CCR, Police, Hendrix BBC, Metallica, Maiden, RATM, Ramstein, Dj Tiesto, Nick Warren, Digweed, Astrix, etc.
Some TV series (AVI) of dubious origin:p
Don't have any HD formats:sad:

Setup> Xtreamer + 500gig Free Agent + Denon 1909 + Wharf 9.5 + ancient 40" HD ready Samsung. HDMI used all around. (Xtreamer HDMI output = Auto)

PQ was amazing. Xtreamer did a much better job than my now dead Sammy HD870 DVDp. And, the Sammy was no slouch! Bakara market scenes from BHD seemed very realistic and grain free. The much grayish beach landings from Ryan appeared a bit dull though. Transformers fared much better as did the b&w shots in Sin City. Acoustica was weak. Too much of reddish hue. I haven't fiddled with the Xtreamer picture adjustments though. On the other hand, I wasn't expecting much from the avi files. But, the unit did a very good job on those. Slightly soft PQ but didn't have any other problem. DD & DTS audio was absolutely fantastic. The Scoripons rip also sounded great IMHO. Zero complaints here.

The Mp3 session wasn't that great unfortunately. Sound was kind of hollow, like an echo effect? Slightly bright too. Hendrix sounded horrible. CCR, Straits, Who and Police was better. All the electronica didn't disappoint (maybe because I'm used to those funny club speakers). S&M was a mixed bag. Some tracks sounded okay while some were bad.

On a whim, I connected the optical cable and the result was totally different. The brightness disappeared (to some extent) and the sound was more forceful this time. The hollowness I spoke about earlier remained somewhat though.

As a media player, this little device is amazing. I'll be using this till I can afford a BDp. Don't think I'll miss a DVDp (entry level ones at least). It stumbles on the audio front, but what do I know? I've never owned a dedicated CDp in my life. Yes, the Pio DVDps sound slightly better with the same Mp3s I tried. Overall, I'm satisfied, 10k well spent.

Special thanks to HiFi members ShuvC (we're not brothers:D) and Illusion who gave me the idea of going for a media player.

@ Members - These are my views and the entire review is IMHO. No offense to anyone please. As I said, I'm a newbie and you guys can probably get better results out of your Xtreamers. Sorry for the loonngg post.

Shuv, nice review, i am sure you are enjoying your xtreamer now, for HD stuff, i usually play MKV files of big size and the PQ is awesome,

Few files i found excellent to test my xtreamer and the PQ was excellent was -

1. The dark knight 2 gig mkv rip
2. BBC earth HD series, i have all the 12 parts in mkv, once you play the same you can really make out the PQ of the TV and the output of the xtreamer.

Both of the above are in dolby digital output and the sound is fantastic.

Continuing with the members interested in E-trayz now we have 5 people

Good ,as of now we have 5 users who are interested in buying the E-Trayz.

1. Dushie
2. Ajaydelhi
3. Anm
4. Santhol
5. Noking

Message from other forum ( I don't know putting a name of other website is allowed here or not)

Xtreamer India is now available at eBay.in also.

So you can pay by credit card and enjoy eBay discount vouchers too.

eBay India: Xtreamer Media Player/Streamer (1 year India Warranty) (item 120477929564 end time 14-Oct-2009 19:30:33 IST)

And as per eBay offer, you can select your free gift with this purchase from:

* Transcend 2GB MP3 Player
* Black & Decker Coffee Maker
* Trek Diva 1.8 Inch 60GB Hard Drive
* Moser Baer DVD Player

For details, please see:
The eBay Diwali Bonus

Plus there are chances to win Panasonic LCD and Blackberry phones.

Hi Ajay
I had actually spoken to Sumit at xtreamer india and he has informed that will be posting xtreamer on ebay also, so soon people can buy from there and enjoy the diwali bonus offer.

Hi Dushie,

I am loving my xtreamer. Looking at eBay offers, planning to pick up an external USB HDD. Nothing seems to available in 1TB.

However, I might take a WD 500 GB.

Add me too to this growing family of Xtreamer Owners, Just spoke to Sumit over the phone and placed an order for the same to be delivered at my doorstep tomorrow.

got 3 xtreamers from xtreamer india... really enjoying it...

I cant setup wireless network with xtreamer and my laptop(windows 7 32bit). Can some1 help me with configuring it?? Iam a newbie :rolleyes:

I also have few doubts

what is streaming over network??? how to do it? is it same as sharing a folder in computer and accessing it frm xtreamer???

what is NFS Mounting?? what is the use of it???

wat is the use of Xtreamer ServiceShield and Movie Jukebox software?

Wat is UPnP??? wat is the use of it?

From which menu i can access the shared folders from my comp??

what is streaming over network??? how to do it? is it same as sharing a folder in computer and accessing it frm xtreamer???

Wat is UPnP??? wat is the use of it?

From which menu i can access the shared folders from my comp??
Streaming over a network means that you use a media server like software on your computer which decodes a particular files on the computer itself and then stream that over the network for your device to play.
UPnP means universal plug and play and your wireless network or service provider should support it to enable the same through wireless router.
Unless and untill I don't recieve the Xtremer I won't be able to answer all your questions yet, but after recieving it tomorrow I would perform all RnD work on it and then would be better equiped to answer all your queries like the above.

Last edited:
Hi,

Can anyone explain me how this etrayz thing works? How do we make the payment? Does it carry warranty? When will we come to know the discounted price for the group buy?

Thanks,
sri

Last edited:
Hi,

Can anyone explain me how this etrayz thing works? How do we make the payment? Does it carry warranty? When will we come to know the discounted price for the group buy?

Thanks,
sri

Hi Srikar
Please read the below link for more details on the same -

Xtreamer Official Forum • View topic - Xtreamer eTRAYz - Announcement & Special Offer for customers

Ideally its a NAS on which you can add 2 hdd , to store data and stuff, it is accessible over the network from xtreamer or ur pc, you can also use it for downloading torrents and other stuff.

payment has to be made to Sumit from xtreamer india, please refer to my earlier post, sumit has already ordered 50 pieces of e-trayz for indian customers ,he will be sending out email once they arrive for users to buy.

In November we would be able to get the expected price for the same, ideally it would cost between 7 to 8 k.

I have personally informed Sumit that we will be doing a group buy and i am collecting names of all members who are interested in buying the same.

As of now we have 5 users who are interested in the same -
1. Dushie
2. Ajaydelhi
3. Anm
4. Santhol
5. Noking

Re: Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) eTrayz

eTrayz is being offered at Rs 8440 including shipping by NV trading for existing xtreamer customers. There are some additional discounts for first few orders.

Re: Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) eTrayz

eTrayz is being offered at Rs 8440 including shipping by NV trading for existing xtreamer customers. There are some additional discounts for first few orders.

R u sure about the pricing as it seems on the higher side.(What's the source for this news ?)

If we look at
xtreamer -
Original price including Shipping - 120 Euros , we paid Rs 10k
E-Trayz-
Original price including Shipping - 79 Euros,

If you compare both prices , straight away 41 euros gets knocked off from the price and for E-trayz bulk order has been placed.

Price difference of 41 euros comes up to around Rs 2800 change

Reduce that from the cost so roughly it should cost around 7k change.

Even though the original cost is coming out to 79 euros, which is around Rs 5530 which includes shipping from xtreamer.net.

That's what i feel, will wait for pricing emails once it comes across...

Last edited:
Back