Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Hi brought my 2nd XMP for my brother as a diwali gift special mention for SUMIT who arranged the XMP to be shipped witin 2 hours,these guys at N.V.Trading are pretty serious about service to there customers..keep up the good work guys...:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

with firmware 2.0 expected in few days XMP will the media player of future....(maybe even end up ending IPOD od media players):yahoo:

regards....

ps:now im getting greedy maybe something on E-Trays front by Sumit would be icing on the cake.

hi,

can anybody conform playing of DD-TrueHD and HD-MA through Xtremer(could be via an AVR). Has anyone done real-time test of the same. (no spec directions please). OR If anybody in B'lore has the Xtremer, I can get the sample video with the above codec to test........I'm very curious about this.

thanks.

Aneelr, in the specs it says that it enables pass through of HD audio but I am yet to confirm it, as I am in the process of downloading a BLU RAY rip of a movie but it would take a week to downlaod as its more than 40GB + with DTS HD sountrack, would revert back to this forum as soon as I check it.

Last edited:
Mine is lying unused - mainly because I do not download movies, and don't rip dvds either. I just rent them, watch them and return them. Can't watch movies more than once, and if I need to, I can rent them again.

It is a pain to switch on my projector for playing music. I gambled on this device as a music player, and till now it appears like a loss. Actually it is quite a buying mistake (only for me) since the focus of the xtreamer team is not at all on music capabilities. Their forum is quite hostile too.
If I have understood correctly, they have come up with a remote application for iphone/ other mobile browsers that requires the display to be switched on - which is again a waste for me. Let us see how good/ bad is the FW 2.0 and maybe it is able to buy some time for xtreamer in my house. I am also thinking of buying a small 7 to 10 inch LCD screen. If someone knows where to get it at a decent price of ~3k, pls let me know.

regards

Aneelr, in the specs it says that it enables pass through of HD audio but I am yet to confirm it yet as I am in the process of downloading a BLU RAY rip of a movie but it would take a week to downlaod as its more than 40GB + with DTS HD sountrack, would revert back to this forum as soon as I check it.

Hi, sure dude......will be waiting for your review....... and if it's a +ve one.....shall buy one for myself.

Thanks.

I am also thinking of buying a small 7 to 10 inch LCD screen. If someone knows where to get it at a decent price of ~3k, pls let me know.

regards

Contact you local car accessories shop they might have a made in Taiwan screen with them which you could buy around this price range of yours, if somehow you are not able to locate one then Pm me for the contact number of the Guy dealing in them in the Lajpat Nagar market area.

Hi,

Any owners of Xtreamer in B'lore!!!!......... I'm really curious to test DD-TrueHD and DTS-MA O/P from the same......... I can get my sample file to test on the Xtreamer OR the vice versa(which ever feasable)........ but need to know the result and decide wether to buy one for myself.

Thanks.

Xtreamer in my house! :yahoo:

Ordered from Sumit Kumar (Xtreamer.in) online. Paid via Netbanking. The unit was shipped the day after the money dropped into their account. The unit was delivered a day after in Mumbai

Got the wireless antenna bundled. Paid for an additional HDMI cable. Apart from an octroi add-on, no other surprise charges.

Email responsiveness from their side was awesome. Sumit replied within an hour to my email-query at 11 pm in the night. This is how gadget shopping should be - no fuss. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :clapping: :clapping:

Didnt have much time to play with yesterday. Just tried playing a few media files off my WD MyBook.. worked like a charm (without reading any manuals). Can't wait for the weekend (away from the pesky dayjob) :eek:hyeah:

Hi,

Any owners of Xtreamer in B'lore!!!!......... I'm really curious to test DD-TrueHD and DTS-MA O/P from the same......... I can get my sample file to test on the Xtreamer OR the vice versa(which ever feasable)........ but need to know the result and decide wether to buy one for myself.

Thanks.
Aneelr, I have only a 5.1 AVR (not HDMI capable) and hence cannot get the Xtreamer to play Dolby TruHD or DTS MA HD because I am using Optic cable to connect Xtreamer to my AVR for audio. Need to upgrade my AVR:eek:, but am broke now.

I am happy with the xtreamer and will be glad to help you in your decision making. We'll have to wait from the new firmware to test HD audio formats. If you want to generally check out the product anytime, let me know. I am happy to drop in to your place with the xtreamer or you can get your HDMI capable 7.1 AVR to my home.

PS: I have not yet explored all the options like Wireless Streaming etc, so may not be able to demo that.

Last edited:
Hi Sumit,
i hope the earlier issues got sorted out and you got your payment.

Do give us an update on the same ?

nice to see you guys back on ebay ...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back