Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

Not sure what might have gone wrong ..but couple of things you may want to try (if not already done) .

1. Upgrade to latest firmware
2. Try flipping the A/B switch at the back and see if it helps(for internal drive)

I am having trouble playing 6-7 GB MKV file via external HDD connected to xTreamer Prodigy, the playing just stutter and dont go smooth. Anyone else?

Also what is the latest list of Must Have Apps for xTreamer?
I am only using Transmission to download Torrents as of now.

hi
am new to hifivision and def not as tech savvy as u gentlemen, have just purchased a sidewinder3 and have a coupla questions
what would be the best internal hard drive for it and is the antenna useful or there are other wifi options available
any other beginner advise would be appreciated
thanks raj

This is almost a dead thread,
however just to update, I am not happy with xtreamer so far. Not at all meant for non-tech guys. Any installations require complex process, I am still not able to troubleshoot issues like Data disappearing from internal HDD because of some stupid Drive mapping problem which is not getting fixed.

Hello,

I have a problem with my XMP. For 3 years it was working quite fine, there were some small issues, but nothing I couldn't handle by myself. One day my XMP was very laggy, eventually it froze, so I pulled the plug, plugged it back in. The red LED indicator was on, but XPM wouldn't turn on anymore... At first I thought it had overheated, but couple hours later it wouldn't turn anyway. Then I tried to turn it on the other day - the same story. Did anyone experience the same issue? If so could you share the solution?

Thank you in advance!

Is it possible to get replacement for the remote? Mine is acting up. Needs a good bang to respond.

Hi friends, I own an Xtreamer Pro with a 2TB Seagate internal hard disk , been using it for past 3yrs, had no issues, but 3 days back my Xtreamer p wudnt turn on, only the red light keeps blinking & no response.. Blank screen. Wat do I do? Can anyone tell me xtreamer tech support number, whom do I call incase its a hardware problem.
Please help.

Hi friends, I own an Xtreamer Pro with a 2TB Seagate internal hard disk , been using it for past 3yrs, had no issues, but 3 days back my Xtreamer p wudnt turn on, only the red light keeps blinking & no response.. Blank screen. Wat do I do? Can anyone tell me xtreamer tech support number, whom do I call incase its a hardware problem.
Please help.

red light blinking on the remote or the device ???

remove HDD.. remove all external devices.. all cables.. then try turning it on.. sometimes the remote is faulty...

Anyone able to get DDNS work in xTreamer?

The official Domain for DDNS for xtreamer is no longer exists

any workaround?

Help !

I own a Xtreamer Sidewinder (without the optional wifi antenna) since October 2011.I have upgraded to the latest firmware. I recently bought the wifi antenna from the xtreamer online store. But I just cant get it to work. After plugging it in the USB slot, there is no indicator like the LED lighting up to tell me that least it is drawing power from the xtreamer.

After going to settings>>network>>>wireless>>>selecting a connection profile>>> Infrastructure (AP)>>>i only get a message saying No SSID Found. Selecting any other option doesnt work either.

Even more surprisingly, the status of my wired LAN always remains as "ON*". Even after restoring defaults and selecting "Cancel" it stuill stays as on.I have never plugged in an ethernet wire into the xtreamer.

Even after plugging in the wifi antenna to a laptop or a PC, there is still no LED that lights up.

Therefore,

1. Is the antenna defective?
2. Am I going wrong with my settings?

Please give your valuable suggestions.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Dr. Rohit

Dr. Rohit,

First try to rule out about faulty antenn. Just use it with any other laptop or desktop, Windows preferred. Scan USB devices, if it's detected as WLAN and its mac iD is listed in computers network deals.

Your wireless has SSID set and there is no "allow" or "deny" list enforced for wireless connection. You need to disable "Deny" list or add your devices mac id to "allow" list.

Then in xtreamer, you have to remove wire connection of Ethernet and then turn on wireless connection. Either scan for wireless or enter it manually.

Also please share your firmware version, I have something 3.xxx

Last edited:
Hello,

After getting nowhere with my earlier post,I am now interested in buying a Xtreamer sidewinder usb wifi antenna if its in a working condition. I am not keen on buying one if its still sealed/unopened/untested.

Do let me know.

Regards,
Dr. Rohit

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back