Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

are we able to use youtube over wifi through xtreamer. i am not able to stream youtube. it just sits there and does not buffer. rest all works fine. any update on that ?

youtube is now officially unsupported :)
if ever the fw 3.0 comes, then it may work. Xtreamer is a piece of shit.
I have xtreamer SW2 with 3.0.7. but I could not figure out for playing, how to select the links on web page.

thats bad that it does not work anymore ... so ideally there is nutin to stream now.. just plug n play..
rest apps are sluggish... brrrrrrrr

Hi! This is my first post...

I've got an Xtreamer and everything is ok but i can't connect it to my pc or mac through the slave usb port. When I connect it it restart properly but the pc or mac don't see nothing. Nothings happen in the pc or mac. Well pc says there is a new device connected but finally it doesn't show nothing... it doesn't appear.

Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you in advance.

Miguel.

hi - I have original xtreamer and youtube videos do not play.
Is anyone able to play videos? I heard I can play if I insert an internal hdd.

hi guys, im new to this site, i have an xtreamerSW with FW 2.7.1 and i just bought a new 3 TB extrnal HDD, my xtreamer cant read it though but it can read my 2TB Buffalo HDD and my 1TB. are 3TBHDD not supported or do i need to partition it sa it can be recognized? TYIA :D

hi guys, im new to this site, i have an xtreamerSW with FW 2.7.1 and i just bought a new 3 TB extrnal HDD, my xtreamer cant read it though but it can read my 2TB Buffalo HDD and my 1TB. are 3TBHDD not supported or do i need to partition it sa it can be recognized? TYIA :D

Mate....it supports upto 2 TB only..

am in the market for an avr and speaker system.
dont have a lot of digistised media (audio or video) at this moment, other than some 1000 itunes, which i will perhaps scrap and re-rip in lossless format. but that's a long term project. no plan for a NAS as well.

someone showed me an xtreamer, during my various dealer/ consultant recces.

was wondering that given that most mid-high end AVRs have networking capability, what would be the incremental value in any streamer, be it xtreamer, apple tv or roku.

will be grateful to be enlightened.

given that most mid-high end AVRs have networking capability, what would be the incremental value in any streamer, be it xtreamer, apple tv or roku.

"Play anything" capability of media players is still not matched by AVRs.

For example, Video can be AVI/MKV/AMP4.. files and even then video data itself can be encoded with DevX/H264/X264..... and then each coded has multiple bitrates.

Most media players can play these files, but nor all AVRs.

Are where AVRs score is Audio. AVRs usually have better handling of uncompressed audio.

Hi Guys,

Suddenly my Xtreamer Pro has stopped recognizing the USB HDD which it was doing for more than a year.

Can anyone diagnose the problem the problem which out of the blue has occurred?

Hi Guys,

Suddenly my Xtreamer Pro has stopped recognizing the USB HDD which it was doing for more than a year.

Can anyone diagnose the problem the problem which out of the blue has occurred?

Did you diagnose properly?

1. There is a USB port on back side. Try with it. You must have cable for it.
2. Try another USB HDD
3. Try USB HDD with PC ( may be with winxp and not win 7) - or may be with another Linux system
4. Do you have wireless Antena? Yes, does it work properly?
5. Re-install 2.7.1

--

I hope you might have tried all of above. If yes, you may not get any help here. You have to talk to xTreamer guys.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back