Xtreamer Media Player (XMP) Owners Thread

hmm - it worked somehow after changing ssid a few times, restarting, doing all steps, and most important, praying to God.

Now I wonder with this fw (sorry xtreamer was loaned out for a long time so I am outdated) - how do I watch youtube?

Also - it has now an option called "Xtreamering". I click that, and it askes me "I agree, download now". I agree by pressing 1 and it says "Checking installer files". Then comes a dialog box with
"Do you want to Install now" Current version - not installed. New version - 1.1"
When I say ok it says downloading 0% and then says "Please check network condition and retry"
Network condition is ok - I can post from here.

I have upgraded to latest version 2.7.0 - but youtube video still not playing! I can search videos so basic connectivity to internet seems ok.

someone please help.

Hi All,

Any body is having nv.trading sumits contact number..?
My xtreamer remote is not working and it is still in under warranty.
I tried to contact him thru his landline number as well as thru private message and thru mail but there is NO response.
Now i am getting view that he is trying to avoid me. That is not correct.

Thanks
Bhanu

I have upgraded to latest version 2.7.0 - but youtube video still not playing! I can search videos so basic connectivity to internet seems ok.

you tube is officially accepted as not working in current fw. They say something about changes in youtube format. My samsung TV, without any fw upgrade plays them fine.

I'm having fimware 2.7.0, can I upgrade to 3.0.
The xtreamer web site does not show sidewinder model anymore and there is no support.
Just 1 year have passed buying the sidewinder model, now xtreamer has released xtreamer 2 for same price with internal wifi, USB 3.0, double RAM etc.,
I feel cheated by xtreamer people.

I'm having fimware 2.7.0, can I upgrade to 3.0.
The xtreamer web site does not show sidewinder model anymore and there is no support.
Just 1 year have passed buying the sidewinder model, now xtreamer has released xtreamer 2 for same price with internal wifi, USB 3.0, double RAM etc.,
I feel cheated by xtreamer people.

For xtreamer SW product there is download available upto 2.7.0. Please look at website. Beyond that SW2.

Don't feel bad. I got SW2 last week. Feature are better but hw/sw quality/stability is not as good as old xtreamer. Also few files played nicely on old xtreamer with 2.7.0 version. Now I can't select beyond 720p resolution. If selected I get red horizontal lines, jitter in video and audio popping noise with intermittent blackout. Seems teething problem with new product.

I am still following xtreamer technical support and waiting for response. Till then fingers crossed.

Below is the post from xtreamer forum

"You must understand that FW3 will be out for Sidewinder 2 first and when Sidewinder 2 gets released hopefully 1 sep, fw3 will get released with it. Maby just for Sidewinder 2 maby for all devices probably not for all at that date because from what i know fw3 is rushed out for Sidewinder 2 without a beta release which means they gave Sidewinder 2 all the time they could with fw3 and did problaby not have time for the other devices yet. they are probably working as fast as they can right now with the next priority. "

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/209...firmwaresdk-3x-release-time-line/page__st__80

Edit: this is the post from the member not from xtreamer admin. As per them there is still no ETA, but as mentioned in their site it will be for all xtreamers.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am new to this thread and dont have any knowledge on Media Players. I was planning to buy Blu Ray Player and one of my friend told me about Media Players and he also dont have good knowledge on the same.

I have Sony EX-400 40" LCD and Sony HT SL700. I used to download movies and have some good collection of movies and few of them were 1080P. After reading the few post i think Media Player is good.

Please suggest me whether I need buy Media Player or Blu Ray.

Buy bluray player only if you will buy BR disks otherwise a media player is the best for downloaded content. Please read the media player threads. There are many models available. First decide on your budget, then what specs are needed.

Himedia hd600b with wifi is well within your budget. It has the latest realtek chipset and plays almost all type of media files. It supports hd audio too. Another options are kaiboer k360, measy x6 etc.

Media Player

The media player is best way to go forward if one sees movies on regular basis, because downloading is a sensible thing to do, no wonder many of the members are into this.

V.

Buy bluray player only if you will buy BR disks otherwise a media player is the best for downloaded content.

Last edited:
what is the MAX capacity 2.5 inch internal HDD that can be installed in a xtreamer sidewinder 1
I used Seagate 500GB into that. Never had problem. They report success with 700GB too but I never attempted. Not I moved that HDD to SW2.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back